Random Video Thread part Trois

rinkrat

Ixnay Uxday
Staff member
Arf Arf
Lots of bad links in the other thread so here’s a new start. Please keep it clean, we’ve had enough Google warnings.

Lots of bad links in the other thread so here’s a new start. Please keep it clean, we’ve had enough Google warnings.

I’ve heard Sly tell this story multiple times in an anecdotal manner, plus both movies were released the same year (‘84) so I assume it’s true….anyway, he says he received two scripts at the same time…one was called “Rhinestone”, and one was called “Romancing the Stone”. After carefully reviewing both scripts, he chose Rhinestone. Romancing the Stone went on to become a box office hit, while Rhinestone was a box office flop.
I don’t think Stallone could have portrayed “Jack” better than Michael Douglas, and I don’t think Michael Douglas could have portrayed “Nick” better than Stallone, plus I actually loved the movie Rhinestone, so in my opinion, Stallone made the right choice. But then again….I’m not Stallone’s accountant, so my opinion doesn’t matter.

This is actually Lenny and the Squigtones greatest song! I’ve often told Hipcheck that he and his bassist Dave (Hired Gun Trio) should cover it. I don’t think there’s two more qualified people to perform such a classic! Well, other than Lenny and thr Squigtones, of course!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom