| Los Angeles, CA

Previous Meeting

01/17/22 - Kings 2, Sharks 6

2021-22-Game-59-Sharks-Home-Team-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G59P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Cal Peterson & Todd MacLellan 3/7/22 Post Game Quotes & Andreas Athanasiou video link

Andreas Athanasiou’s Post Game Video Interview
https://twitter.com/i/status/1501028167632490500

Cal Petersen
On the team’s ability to come back in just about any situation this season

Yeah, 100 percent. We’re putting a lot of different tricks in our bag to find ways to win and I think that’s only going to help us down the road. Now that we’ve figured out how to win in these situations, or need to comeback in the third period, I don’t think anybody panics. Everyone know what their job is, what we need to do and it all comes down to execution. I think there’s a lot of belief in each other right now.
On starting on back-to-back nights
I felt great. I’ve played a lot of back-to-backs in my life, I was comfortable in the situation, but it was also a little bit different because there were more than 24 hours between games, a little bit of extra rest. I felt fine, I enjoy playing back-to-back, it’s nice to kind of carry over a good game into another one. I was happy I got the nod.
On if the team had any extra motivation, considering the loss to Boston last week
That was a huge thing coming into the game for us. We got embarrassed at home, against a team that is a phenomenal hockey team, one of the best in the league, and we feel like we should be right there. I think for us to put in an effort like that, where we got blown out, wasn’t acceptable for us and we came in with something to prove, to show that we can play with the big boys. We want to be one of those top teams at the end of the year, it’s huge for our confidence, but we were looking for some revenge.
On Todd McLellan coming back behind the bench tonight
It was great. I think it was seamless when he left and Yawns came in, and he did a phenomenal job. I think the guys are very comfortable with the coaching staff, so he did a phenomenal job. When Todd came back, it went seamlessly back to how it was. We have a lot of confidence in our coaching staff, regardless of who needs to step up, it’s the same with guys who are out, it’s that next person up mentality. It was great to have him back and I’m glad he’s healthy now.
On if he feels he’s finding a groove over this last extended stretch of play
Yeah, I mean I’m just taking things day-by-day. For me, I don’t really feel like anything has drastically changed from the beginning of the year, just getting some better results, I’m playing a few more games and I’m more confident. I think, when I wasn’t getting the results I wanted, it was just little adjustments that were going to be the difference, that was something that I focused on. It’s a day-to-day thing, I think Quickie and I, whoever is in the net, the team has a lot of confidence in.

Todd McLellan
On re-joining the team for such a competitive game

It was a competitive game, right from the drop of the puck to the bitter end. It was contested very hard by both teams, a lot of board work, wall work, heavy lifting for both teams. It’s good for our team to play in that, really good for our team to play in it, stick with it and we found a way to get two in the last few minutes of the game. We used every minute we had, which was important.
On if he felt there was a point the Kings responded to the game’s physicality
I thought the first maybe seven, ten minutes of the game was a bit of a feeling-out process and we were maybe receiving a little bit. Dumps, retrievals, spending a little bit more time on our heels than on our toes. I thought the Lizotte/Grundstrom line started to grind a little bit, get the forecheck going, then we settled in after that. From there on, there wasn’t a lot of space in that game. Two pretty good defensive teams that committed to playing that way, good goaltending at both ends. It was a typical playoff game in my opinion.
On having the full group contribute tonight
Everybody was important tonight. All four lines, it didn’t matter if somebody played 12 minutes and somebody else played 20, everybody was important. At the backend of a road trip, 4-in-6, we’ve done that two weeks in a row, you need the full team. That’s one thing that we’ve got going for us right now, everybody does play an important role, most guys are accepting of their role and it’s working well for us.
On the team’s response when going down
Like I said, we used every minute. We gave up a goal in the last minute of a period again, which isn’t great, but they forced us into a mistake and took advantage of it. It gave us a chance to regroup a little bit, we stuck to a game plan, we knew we couldn’t open it up. Finally, it took an extra player, Boston checked that well, and it took an extra player to find a loose puck in and around the net and in overtime, anything can happen.
On Cal Petersen’s play on the second half of a back-to-back
The one thing [with Boston] is they shoot the puck a lot, there’s a lot of similarities between the two teams in my opinion. They have volume shooting and they crash the net well, the shoot and get it back, so not only did Cal have to make the first save, but he had to be quick to react to the second ones that may be coming from a bad angle. He did a good job back-to-back.

G59P4.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G59KF.png

G59KD2.png

G52KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson (IR)
MIkey Anderson (IR)
Drew Doughty (DtD)
Alexander Edler (LTIR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Sharks Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G59SF.png

G59SD.png

G59SG.png

G59SI.png

NO Former Kings

G59P7.png

GOALIE STATS

G59GSK.png

G59GSS.png

G59P2.png

PLAYER STATS

G59PSK.png
G59PSS.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G59-Standings.png

G59P3.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

How many TOTAL PENALTIES will be assessed in tonight’s game? (NOT the number of minutes, just how many times will players be sent to the box/dressing room.) A double minor will count as ONE penalty since it’s to the same player in one call, same with a major penalty assessed at the same time as a fighting or other penalty.

You can take 3 guesses.

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 2 mins or less of 15:11 of the first would be the recorded time for the Kings first goal. One person guessed within +/- 2 mins of the second for the first penalty by either team

13:11-17:11 (1 point):
Busted Chops
Bill Hicks
John a90
hokiecat
forum gold
LeftyKing
kingsmen93

14:11-16:11 (2 points):
AngelEyes

14:41-15:41 (3 points):
srm1105
JayWell24
JETS GARAGE

First penalty
4:00-8:00 (1 point)
Bill Hicks

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 45 points:

srm1105

40 Points

Reg or Rog?

36 Points

LeftyKing
VegasHockey

35 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Rusty

34 Points

pray4mojo
Sonnyboy11

33 Points

notbob

32 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Helvetica
Kurisu

31 Points

hokiecat
Liz4LA

30 Points

Bill Hicks
Dr. Tran
hornman

29 Points

jammer06

28 Points

Busted Chops
JayWells24

27 Points

kingrussell

26 Points

25 Points

KHenry14
Nyssa42

24 Points

Byron

23 Points

dannybuoy1
STONE

22 Points

21 Points

CIrvine
Shackleford
SirJW

20 Points

empire

19 Points

Sevenhole

18 Points

TooCool

17 Points

forum gold
Rogie-Vachon

16 Points

Clif
JETS GARAGE

15 Points

14 Points

cokingsfan

13 Points

Dirtweazle
DRGinLBC
PuckMaster
randdog

12 Points

11 Points

Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye
beedee

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

kingsmen93
waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G59P9.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!
4,5,6 penalty trips tonight

Love the Kempe Pic!

Feeling a return to the scoresheet for Kempe tonight. Go Kings!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Can't wait to see the morning skate lineup. Will Doughty play? Will Spence play? Will Moverare play? So grateful for the incredible pipeline Blake has created.

GKG!!!

Thanks Nyssa!

Gotta shut down Timo tonight and then destroy the sharks.

3, 7, 10

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom