So, Who Ya' Got?

Rog or Reg?

Top Forward
It's like Deja Vu all over again. Every season I make the same post. It seems like yesterday I made this one last year. Or was it the year before?

Anyway, I got Dallas in the West. Since I have friends and family in Dallas, I have to root for them. I sure as hell ain't rooting for Vancouver or Edmonton or Colorado.

In the East, I like the Rangers. Once again, roots in NY and I like their team. I think Shesterkin is playing as well as any goalie in the league, and there's also that 'other' goalie from Milford, Connecticut.

So here's to hoping for a New York/Dallas final. And I think the Rangers take that series.

As long as it's not the f*ckin' Oilers. Now that would suck.

As long as Edmonton or Vancouver doesn't win it in the West, it's all good with me.

For the Eastern Conference, Buck Foston. Would love to see the Canes win one.

I also want Quickie to get his 4th ring but at the same time I dislike the Rangers since they tried to discredit our 2014 run as much as possible by always blaming puck luck... lol

I got Stars and Rags in the final for my bracket. Stars for the Cup. LFG STARS!

As much as I don't like Boston, I hate NYC even more than them so I'll be pulling for the Canes to make it to the Cup Finals in terms of Eastern Conference contenders. Boston and NYC both have insufferably terrible fans, but NYC to me is the worst of the two because of their history of their fans displaying an extremely infuriating superiority complex that really rubs a lot of people the wrong way mainly because of the success of the Yankees and their fans trying to apply Yankees knowledge to their other NYC-area sports teams (even if their knowledge doesn't really make sense in the context of the other sports leagues outside of MLB) outside of the Devils, who, despite being in the NYC-area, are in Newark, NJ and don't technically count as an NYC sports team. I'm aware of the fanbases of the Mets, Islanders, (football) Jets, and Nets who probably don't seem to share the same sentiment as that of the Yankees, but to me, they're all the same and are no less arrogant.

Even if Quick is with the Rangers, I don't want the Rangers to make it back to the Finals and then win the Cup. I'm sorry for those of you who are rooting for Quick to win another Cup, but just hearing the [L]east Coast media having to acknowledge Quick's greatness just recently by winning a Cup with them while ignoring his accomplishments he made from back when he was in the West Coast (though I didn't like it when he won the Cup last year with Vegas) is more than enough to make my stomach wretch.

As for the Panthers, I would pull for them if they didn't have Matthew Tkachuk on their roster. Him being on that team is enough to cross the Panthers out of my teams to root for when concerning Eastern Conference contenders.

For Western Conference contenders, I'll go with Dallas. I don't want Vancouver to make it back to the Finals and I sure as hell don't want Deadmonton to reach the Finals either. Also, I don't relish the thought of Colorado of making it back to the Cup Finals as well.

BTW, the Canes have won the Cup before, back in '06, though I'd like to see them win the Cup again if Dallas doesn't make it to the Finals.

Last edited:
Stars vs Canes/Panthers.

Screw those that have won recently (Colorado). Screw the Oilers. Screw the Rangers, sorry Quick. I just hate Ranger fans. Screw Boston and their fans. I am kind of meh.... on the Canucks winning. Hate some of their fans.

Last edited:
Rangers - Quick is my favorite player left in the race. Would be cool to see him win the Cup back to back (though even cooler if he won it again with the Kings).

In the West, I am rooting for any team that can beat the Oilers and does so.

In the East, it’s the Rangers for two Quick reasons.
1) it’s Quick. Best goalie this team has ever had who brought me more great years than the team has overall. Get him another ring
2) Quick clearly proved this season he had more to give. Another Cup could be more to rub in Blake’s stupid face

2) Quick clearly proved this season he had more to give. Another Cup could be more to rub in Blake’s stupid face
It might have been nice if Mr. Quick had actually SHOWED he had more to give when he was here. But I digress.....

I'm rooting for either Colorado or Carolina. Basically anyone but EDM, VAN, NYR, DAL.

jom

PS: Who do I think will win? NYR.

Florida -Dallas would be perfect finals
But really don't want only Edmonton. Colorado not winning because of Georgiev not capable of be the guy like Quick, Thomas ,or Vasilevskiy.Actually it goes to Skinner as well without saying but..

I am cheering for Quick in the east and either of the two Canadian teams in the west, but I'm leaning towards Vancouver over Edmonton since Vancouver has never won a Cup.

In general, I've never liked teams that have relocated (Colorado/Dallas/Carolina) or expansion teams from the 90's to today (Florida).

I think it’s going to be Dallas in the West & the Rangers in the East. But I want the Rangers to win the Cup because I want to see Quick collect Stanley Cup rings for sitting on the bench & wearing a baseball cap.

sitting on the bench & wearing a baseball cap.

I think there's some quick mojo wherever he goes he's gonna win a cup on the bench until he retires. be especially interesting if he moves each year. hockey gods answer to blake's shady dealings with him.

go rangers I guess. hell they're 6-0 so far. i just want oil to be stomped on by anyone, though I hate vancouver almost as much. I think the Kings would have beat vancouver but whatever.

It's like Deja Vu all over again. Every season I make the same post. It seems like yesterday I made this one last year. Or was it the year before?

Anyway, I got Dallas in the West. Since I have friends and family in Dallas, I have to root for them. I sure as hell ain't rooting for Vancouver or Edmonton or Colorado.

In the East, I like the Rangers. Once again, roots in NY and I like their team. I think Shesterkin is playing as well as any goalie in the league, and there's also that 'other' goalie from Milford, Connecticut.

So here's to hoping for a New York/Dallas final. And I think the Rangers take that series.

As long as it's not the f*ckin' Oilers. Now that would suck.
Anybody but the Golden Boys (already eliminated, such a great evening that was) and McDiddlySquat’s Oilers! Huge comeback from the Canucks … 3 more to go! Lose McNoCups Lose!

Of the teams that are left, ranked from the most detestable:
EDM... obviously.
BOS... If it weren't for Marchand, I might actually like that team.
FLA... If it weren't for Tkachuk, I might actually like that team.
NYR... Quickie only reason this team is not ranked more detestable than BOS.
VAN... No new happy people.
DAL... My mother was born in Texas, wife is from Texas, my daughter now lives in Texas, I don't like Texas.
COL... Meh.
CAR... Congrats on being the least objectionable team left.

CAR... Congrats on being the least objectionable team left.

i live right next to em an want them to lose most - someone keyed "LA" into my car at the stadium last year so i hate the team forever now i guess -- and it was the game the kings blew the 3 or 4 goal lead. logic i suppose.

i live right next to em an want them to lose most - someone keyed "LA" into my car at the stadium last year so i hate the team forever now i guess -- and it was the game the kings blew the 3 or 4 goal lead. logic i suppose.

Yeah, that sux. I heard stuff like that happening during the time the quacks were in their heyday at the pond.

I think it’s going to be Dallas in the West & the Rangers in the East. But I want the Rangers to win the Cup because I want to see Quick collect Stanley Cup rings for sitting on the bench & wearing a baseball cap.

Either dallas or col from the west. Seems as thought the rags have the lead as the B's and Panthers gonna beat each other up.

Back
Top Bottom