***St. Louis Blues vs. LA Kings GDT 11/18/23 7:30pm on KCAL ch9***

Kings with the win. Game over. Too bad they spoiled Talbot's bid for the shutout 'cause they were more interested in sitting with the lead instead of running up the score. But I'm fine with that, as Kings get the two points. On to Arizona, and keep up with the same effort against them as you did tonight.

Not much to report other than what everyone has already said. Poor Talbot - his nickname should be Mr. Almost-A-Shutout.

As was discussed on Kings Talk on the way home....it was hard to pick a "player of the game" because the whole team showed up for 60 for once. And the Blues had a really, really off night. I hope they go out and beat the Duckies 10-0 tomorrow because they couldn't get one clean pass off tonight to save their lives. They didn't play bad - the Kings just played amazing.

Let's kick some Coyote butt on Monday, don't eat too much on Thursday and have a big weekend, Kings!!

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 2 of 61 combined shots and/or 1 point for Fiala:

61 sog (3 points):
Kurisu
hihocarp
JayWells24

60,62 (2 points):
notbob
Cross Traffic
KHenry14
Madness20721
Guinevere
AngelEyes
beady eye
waynet
Busted Chops
Nyssa42
TooCool
hornman
mugs

59,63 sog (1 point):
Rogie-Vachon
Chateau Bow Wow
Rusty
VCRW
katydid213
pray4mojo
Jerram
Dr. Tran
Sevenhole
dannybuoy1

1 point Fiala (1 point)
notbob
KHenry14
hihocarp
Rusty
CIrvine
randdog
VegasHockey
pray4mojo
Liz4LA
hornman
Dr. Tran
JayWells24

Many of you went to bed when it was 60 sog but somewhere overnight they added one. As for the game, it always feels good to pound St Louis. Really hope Lizottes just being held out because they can't believe that he's not concussed. That guy can't possibly have a brain, it would be a constant bruised mass with all the punishment he takes. Let's hope they keep banking these points, it would be nice to hit the quarter mark on a hell of a win streak.

Many of you went to bed when it was 60 sog but somewhere overnight they added one. As for the game, it always feels good to pound St Louis. Really hope Lizottes just being held out because they can't believe that he's not concussed. That guy can't possibly have a brain, it would be a constant bruised mass with all the punishment he takes. Let's hope they keep banking these points, it would be nice to hit the quarter mark on a hell of a win streak.

I said after the hit I don't think Lizotte can feel pain I'm hoping it's just lubricating parts and he'll be back to good.

Totally irrelevant: I sort of want to get an "obviously" tracker going for Kempe interviews. I remember counting 13 in one post game interview.

Last edited:
The game that PLD played last night is exactly why Blake traded Vilardi plus for him. PLD’s play style contrasts and compliments Kopi and Danault perfectly.

He’s a quick strike transition goal scorer with a big body and a laser shot. If he heats up and develops more chemistry with Kaliyev, PLD should pot 35+ this season and Kaliyev will crack 20. Giving PLD his own line creates a nightmare scenario for a teams who go matchup hunting.

I really hope this team stays healthy because they have the makeup to do really special things this season.

The game that PLD played last night is exactly why Blake traded Vilardi plus for him. PLD’s play style contrasts and compliments Kopi and Danault perfectly.

Concur. Perhaps the leg knock kicked him into gear. Seemed like he was mostly in neutral previously.

Hope Lizzo is OK. That 4th line has been a strength for the Kings. Always been a Lewis fan.

Good win for the Kings last night. That 4th line is sure fun to watch. Hopefully BL is fine with the ass to the face.

I have certainly appreciated the positives that Spence has brought to the team, but it was his senseless, useless pinch late in the game that led to the goal that cost Talbot the SO. Oh well, it's a learning experience on game management for Jordan. I'm sure he'll know better next time.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom