Superman v Batman/DC movies

MAN OF STEEL Poster | Collider

despite the turnaround news last week that changed this from being a standalone flick and now the plans have morphed it into some sort of Marvel type shoehorn for the upcoming Justice League flick, I remain cautiously optimistic. Biggest fear is that it looks like it is going to be some sort of heavy Dark Knight vibe flick. Superman needs some rounding out on the personality scale but I don't want to see a grim joyless version of him either. That's what differentiates him from Batman. You can't have 2 Dark Knights in the Justice League.

I've been waiting forever to see how he became Superman! :sarcasm:

Wow...That makes me wanna like Superman. A first in my lifetime!

Doesn't it feel angsty though? I agree with what you said about the batman stuff and this mixing. I looooooooooooove the new Batman (as you know), but Superman needs to be a little less emo and more rah rah. I didn't quite get that vibe. Of course, it's only a trailer.

Man of Steel

Emotional and angsty aren't always the same though. I got an emotional vibe from this trailer. The fun and games is fine but I'm personally getting tired of the tongue-in-cheek style of the Marvel movies.

Doesn't it feel angsty though? I agree with what you said about the batman stuff and this mixing. I looooooooooooove the new Batman (as you know), but Superman needs to be a little less emo and more rah rah. I didn't quite get that vibe. Of course, it's only a trailer.

I thought about that...yet the bit I liked is the angst seems to be centered around the 'with great power...' chestnut. And it fits in with what Nolan/Snyder have hinted that this is a godlike being who is not sure of his place. If they were going to tweak any part of the origin...that's the angle. It does seem to have a lot of weight to it, but it's different than Batman. Batman forged himself from the deaths of his parents...and was motivated by revenge. Supes is a fish outta water who's overwhelming impulse is to do good and 'save the world'. It does look a little emo...but I dig the direction. It has a lot of sadness to it. Even the great flying scene seems heavy. Sadness is not the same as Nolan's morose/rage filled Bruce Wayne/Batman. Officially feeling very good about this.

I thought about that...yet the bit I liked is the angst seems to be centered around the 'with great power...' chestnut. And it fits in with what Nolan/Snyder have hinted that this is a godlike being who is not sure of his place. If they were going to tweak any part of the origin...that's the angle. It does seem to have a lot of weight to it, but it's different than Batman. Batman forged himself from the deaths of his parents...and was motivated by revenge. Supes is a fish outta water who's overwhelming impulse is to do good and 'save the world'. It does look a little emo...but I dig the direction. It has a lot of sadness to it. Even the great flying scene seems heavy. Sadness is not the same as Nolan's morose/rage filled Bruce Wayne/Batman. Officially feeling very good about this.

Fair enough. It's not like I'm not going to be there to watch this because of a trailer making him look a little woe is me. Hell, I might be one of the few people who enjoyed Superman Returns and that **** was FILLED with that emotion.

Superman Returns

6353_barf.jpg

This "review" of the trailer made me chuckle a little bit.

Russell Crowe holding a doll, Michael Shannon in a ‘Gears of War’ commercial, Zack Snyders super fast then super slow bull****; it’s all here thanks to the release of the the first full trailer for ‘Man of Steel’, which follows the tone set by the Dark Knight trilogy and Megamind and shows us a Superman unsure of his place in the world. Granted it’s a very beautiful world, one with a constant gentle breeze to make your hair and cape look cool.

This "review" of the trailer made me chuckle a little bit.

Probably from a reviewer who came all over their own belly for the Nolan trilogy. So easy to slam Snyder. That makes me even more hopeful for this.

Probably from a reviewer who came all over their own belly for the Nolan trilogy. So easy to slam Snyder. That makes me even more hopeful for this.

I swear it wasn't me. :p

Having said that, finally got around to watching Suckerpunch. Totally uneven, and I probably would have been irritated spending $20 in a theatre, but on my TV? Had a blast with it.

Attaboy. Actually you may have liked it in a theater. The sound design was loud as hell and the visuals really were pretty up on a big screen. It's a flawed movie certainly, but not without it's shining moments.

Well, I'm one of those people who isn't a fan of any of Snyder's films (haven't seen Sucker Punch and probably won't, honestly) but I still hold out hope for this. Perhaps it's because Nolan is attached, perhaps it's the cast, perhaps it's because Superman is due for a good movie again, or perhaps Snyder himself is due for a good movie. I'm just not convinced that he knows how to tell a story properly. For now I lump him into the same category as McG and Michael Bay. Impress me, Snyder. Impress me.

Well, I'm one of those people who isn't a fan of any of Snyder's films (haven't seen Sucker Punch and probably won't, honestly) but I still hold out hope for this. Perhaps it's because Nolan is attached, perhaps it's the cast, perhaps it's because Superman is due for a good movie again, or perhaps Snyder himself is due for a good movie. I'm just not convinced that he knows how to tell a story properly. For now I lump him into the same category as McG and Michael Bay. Impress me, Snyder. Impress me.

Not even the Dawn Of The Dead remake?

The Dawn of the Dead remake? :O

Zombies ARE not supposed to run. I was not amused. :nono:

I did like 300 though. :p

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom