The other teams thread

The West moves one night closer to finalizing the standings.

Dallas won and locks up #1 overall
Edmonton lost. Vancouver #2 overall/1st in Pacific. Edmonton #2 in the Pacific.

Vegas has 98 points. LA has 97 points. Both play tomorrow night.

Let see which team wants to play Edmonton and which team would rather take their chances against Dallas…
Sad to say…we lose either.

Don't stop him, he's on a roll.

FNLn.gif

Interestingly and with some surprise I think I'm leaning toward the Edmonton matchup now. I think it would be a boost to enter the post season on a win and I'd like to see the greatly improved penalty kill (a MAJOR problem last year against these guys who seemingly scored at will with the man advantage) and the opportunity to play in front of solid top 10 goaltending with a confidence we also didn't have last time. We've taken these guys to 7 and then 6 in the last two playoffs ( both times with weaker rosters than the current one) and we were up 2-1 in last years series before imploding. Couple this with the fact that we have absolutely been Dallas' bitch this season being outscored 13-3...(and the games weren't even that close) and I think you'll have to agree. Go Ducks (yeah I know) and of course....GKG!!

Well, we didn't have Arvy for any of the games v. DAL, and maybe he's a Stars killer?
Ha...possible...or would you rather have a healthy Fiala who had 6 points in 3 games vs Edmonton last year but for an entire series this time? Also Lizotte was out for 3 games. How about Laferriere instead of a completely useless Rasmus Kupari who had 0 points in 6 games? Do we expect QB to be a -5 for the series this time?...or Drew Doughty? Would you take Spence over a -4 Sean Durzi? I would.

(I've excluded mentioning PLD for fear of embarrassment but technically on paper he should be an additional X-factor at 100 percent playoff intensity. One can dream.)

Just saying on paper...this is a much stronger team than the one that took the Oilers to 6 losing one of the games in OT and another by a single goal.

Interestingly and with some surprise I think I'm leaning toward the Edmonton matchup now. I think it would be a boost to enter the post season on a win and I'd like to see the greatly improved penalty kill (a MAJOR problem last year against these guys who seemingly scored at will with the man advantage) and the opportunity to play in front of solid top 10 goaltending with a confidence we also didn't have last time. We've taken these guys to 7 and then 6 in the last two playoffs ( both times with weaker rosters than the current one) and we were up 2-1 in last years series before imploding. Couple this with the fact that we have absolutely been Dallas' bitch this season being outscored 13-3...(and the games weren't even that close) and I think you'll have to agree. Go Ducks (yeah I know) and of course....GKG!!
Also something to consider is that Dallas’ goaltending has been pretty average this season. They win by out scoring teams.

Oettinger 2.72GAA .905 Sv%
Wedgewood 2.85 GAA .899 Sv%

Also something to consider is that Dallas’ goaltending has been pretty average this season. They win by out scoring teams.

Oettinger 2.72GAA .905 Sv%
Wedgewood 2.85 GAA .899 Sv%
And yet the Kings managed one whole goal in each of three games this season.

Two of those games were on the last leg of a road trip 2nd night of B2B after a long flight and no Arvidsson…
The one thing that makes this series interesting to me. DAL is a Cup Contender no doubt. But those were still scheduled losses. There is something a little unknown going in.

And as inconsistent as this team has been they might have been foolish enough to go in over-confident against VAN. I don’t put any level of immaturity past them.

The Oilers are sitting their top 7 scorers for tonight's game. Lets hope that causes them to get blown out by the Avs and Skinner loses his confidence.

This thread is turning out to be a candidate for Thread of 2024. 😏

Back
Top Bottom