The problem of pain

Saw this last year on TSN, excellent program.
The dark side of pro sports is very ugly and this only hints at how much fans don't know.

Saw this last year on TSN, excellent program.
The dark side of pro sports is very ugly and this only hints at how much fans don't know.

Case in point of this thread and how many responses.....

I think the fans may know, but dont want to address it. Blind eye so to speak

Never thought I'd ever say this, but holy cow do I feel bad for Kesler!

Can’t see this without thinking about Mike Richards losing his career to OxyContin. F’ing shame…

While I love that my son plays competitive hockey, I've no desire for him to pursue it as a career.

While I love that my son plays competitive hockey, I've no desire for him to pursue it as a career.

Very happy and proud that my son gave up his basketball dreams in favor of pursuing his engineering degree.

The serious injury and subsequent operation that ended my athletic career at 17 was a blessing in disguise. Forced me to take the music side of my life as the new reality. 55 years later, I am so grateful for that choice and the life I have experienced in the world of rock music.

Very sad and tragic to see this. It certainly exposes the notion of so-called "rich pampered athletes who get paid millions of dollars" as a lie. The price they pay is astronomical, and they deserve every dollar. After all, whereas non-athletes (you name the profession) can work in their careers for decades, professional athletes really only have a few years to amass earnings for a lifetime.

What I find incredible is they didn't even minimally address the concussion issue which also directly puts players' futures at risk.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom