The Star Wars thread

Got to ride the "Rise of the Resistance" attraction at Disneyland recently.......do yourself a favor and ride it. It's stunning, almost unbelievable. Simply an incomparable ride.

Got to ride the "Rise of the Resistance" attraction at Disneyland recently.......do yourself a favor and ride it. It's stunning, almost unbelievable. Simply an incomparable ride.

I agree. It was kind of a hassle to get a boarding group, but totally worth it.

I kind of knew what to expect when I went in, in broad strokes, but a lot of it was completely unexpected. Not just a ride, an experience.

My youngest turned 21 last month and she and her older sister went to SoCal for a Disney vacation. They said the same thing. Changes amusement park rides like no other ride.

LUCASFILM TO LAUNCH STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC PUBLISHING CAMPAIGN IN 2020

Star Wars: The High Republic, which has previously been referred to as ?Project Luminous?, will be set in an era when the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order are at their zenith, about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. This period on the Star Wars timeline will not overlap any of the filmed features or series currently planned for production, giving creators and partners a vast amount of room to tell Star Wars stories with new adventures and original characters.

star-wars-high-republic-poster-b-0220.jpg

From the Nerdist:
As clarified in the above trailer for the launch, the Republic will begin to expand into the untamed ?Wild West? of the Outer Rims. That will result in many Jedi becoming Lone Rangers. And an evil group known as the Nihil will serve as the Jedi?s primary enemies.

star-wars-high-republic-marvel-cover-0220.jpg

I read an interesting take on this, but can't remember where. If I find it, I'll add a link (found it). But the theory is that Olyphant isn't playing Boba, but a Tatooine gunslinger named Cobb Vanth. There's a book series that detailed a story that Vanth ended up acquiring Boba's armor from Jawas that scavenged the Sarlacc scene. Could very well be Vanth that walked up on Fennec Shand in chapter 5. Knowing the nerds that Favreau and Filoni are, this sounds totally plausible.

This means Temuera Morrison could be playing Boba (sans armor), Rex...or both. Hopefully both, since we've got Snips showing up this season. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Filoni bring Rex to live action.

If you haven't checked it out yet, watch Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian on Disney+. At the end of the second episode, Filoni goes off on a magical monologue/soliloquy about what Star Wars really means. Made me feel the franchise is in good hands with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't checked it out yet, watch Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian on Disney+. At the end of the second episode, Filoni goes off on a magical monologue/soliloquy about what Star Wars really means. Made me feel the franchise is in good hands with him.

I never thought that anyone could geek out more then me on this stuff but this guy takes the cake! Totally in good hands - like taken out of Geo's hands - and running full bore on it. This guy gets it. And the Disney Gallery is really great. Disney+ really is a great service with great content.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom