Wrestling The Wrasslin' Thread of LetsGoKings

My shot of 2023

419642352_245205075278901_1303573069237194923_n.jpg

Netflix just secured the rights to air RAW starting in 2025. They're paying WWE freaking 5 billion for 10 years. (They can opt out in 5 years if they don't like it or they can extend it for an additional 10 years if they do.)

What's crazy is that Fox gave WWE about 1 billion for Smackdown for 5 years and they're leaving Fox since I think ultimately Fox isn't too happy with the deal. Though I think it's already confirmed (maybe) that Smackdown will be on the USA Network anyway, but I wonder how much the USA Network paid for Smackdown and are willing to give up RAW.

Netflix just secured the rights to air RAW starting in 2025. They're paying WWE freaking 5 billion for 10 years. (They can opt out in 5 years if they don't like it or they can extend it for an additional 10 years if they do.)

What's crazy is that Fox gave WWE about 1 billion for Smackdown for 5 years and they're leaving Fox since I think ultimately Fox isn't too happy with the deal. Though I think it's already confirmed (maybe) that Smackdown will be on the USA Network anyway, but I wonder how much the USA Network paid for Smackdown and are willing to give up RAW.
Crazy money. Can they make raw 2 hours again though?

Vince McMahon Accused of Sex Trafficking by WWE Staffer He Paid to Keep Quiet​

Janel Grant files lawsuit saying McMahon pressured her into sex with him and other men at WWE, raising questions about 2022 board probe into CEO’s payouts​

Paywall, but you can find the article reposted near everywhere.
The article is VERY NSFW.
I was reading the highlights today and had to stop. Pretty gnarly stuff.

All that Vince stuff is really crazy... and yet somehow not surprising. I mean, not to bring politics into this but he's buddies with Trump for example. Rich white men with an insane amount of power? They always assumed they could get away with things like this.

R Truth needs to be protected at all costs

My favorite part about the hot tag in the Rumble is that Dom deserves a lot of credit for playing into it as well. Dom was like "WTF are you doing?" Truth's like "Tag me!". Gunther locks him a submission hold, Dom escapes and even does the whole diving tag bit was what made it great.

Then of course, Truth did the 5 moves of doom in honor of his childhood hero. Good stuff.

One of these days, Truth needs to win a title and somehow not even realize it. :)

Don't forget Truth entering the women's rumble. "Where's all the men?"

Some reports today that Punk has a torn tricep and may be through wrestlemania..

It's interesting. Cody seems to want to go after Reigns, but wasn't Rock/Reigns supposed to be at Wrestlemania? Rhodes and Rollins makes no sense to the "finish the story" they keep going after. I assumed it was going to be Punk/Rollins but that appears off. Why not just let Gunther steamroll a hurt Rollins and win the title? I actually thought the easy way to play off Rollins would be to have Damien "attack" him and cash in, and blame it on the injury. But if Rollins can actually wrestle, who knows.

Just give Gunther the title already. Hell he can defend the IC and world titles at the same time for another year!

Just give Gunther the title already. Hell he can defend the IC and world titles at the same time for another year!
I always wanted to see this more in wrestling. Imagine Gunther with 2 belts and he has to decide which one he values more... the IC Title streak or the World Title.

I felt like they were trying to do this with MJF except that Adam Cole got injured... >_< Then the ROH Tag Titles quickly became a joke.

As for your post, I think Cody/Roman becomes a Triple Threat if The Rock joins in. This would hide The Rock's "flaws" if he can't get into ring shape. Plus allows Cody to once again lose or something without looking weak I guess. As for Rollins, I think they feel he can be healthy by Mania so that's why he's still the champ. Plus, it's not like WWE cares anymore about people defending their titles. It wouldn't make sense for Rollins to have to relinquish it if Reigns doesn't have to.

Now I just want to have a quick rant on AEW. How are you NOT using Christian Cage the last few weeks? Why is Nick Wayne not wrestling any matches? The Elimination Cage Match with HOB vs FTR/Garcia was absolutely amazing though.

I just want to say that Bonn Breakker is gonna be massive in 2024. Doesn't hurt that he is a Steiner kid.

Edit: WWE just called him up from NXT. Apparently they are using him as a Brock Lesner replacement.

Vince McMahon, former WWE executive, under federal investigation: ABC News sources

LMAO how did they turn Cody winning the Rumble into a Rock vs. Reigns match at Wrestlemania.

McMahon proving again that no one should have that much money and power. It’s not a coincidence that so many of his ilk behave this way.

So are they setting up a McYntire/Rollins/Cody triple threat match then?

Loved the loud "rocky sucks" and "we want cody" chants during the Rollins/Cody segment. Hilarious. If it stays Rock/Reigns at WM you know the philly crowd is gonna have a field day.

How are we all feeling with Sting's last match this Sunday at Revolution?

I'll admit it, I'm not the biggest Sting fan. Mostly because I never really watched WCW growing up. Always respected him for who he was. I hope he doesn't do anything too crazy in the Tornado Match, but you know he will.

I'm more excited for Ospreay, Okada, and Mone all joining AEW. The future is bright! Now if only they can cut down on the god damn injuries.. we're still waiting for the return of Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, MJF, etc.

How are we all feeling with Sting's last match this Sunday at Revolution?

I'll admit it, I'm not the biggest Sting fan. Mostly because I never really watched WCW growing up. Always respected him for who he was. I hope he doesn't do anything too crazy in the Tornado Match, but you know he will.

I'm more excited for Ospreay, Okada, and Mone all joining AEW. The future is bright! Now if only they can cut down on the god damn injuries.. we're still waiting for the return of Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, MJF, etc.
It's sad, but it's time. At his age I'm amazed what he's still done in AEW. Hopefully he gets a good send off, although it might be to put over the young bucks. Seeing him come down from the rafters one more time this week was sweet. And when he walks out for the last time, niagara falls...

Is Okada a done deal yet? I am very excited for Ospreay. Not 100% confident considering what they've done with Jay White, but we'll see. Is Adam Cole just an afterthought now?

It's sad, but it's time. At his age I'm amazed what he's still done in AEW. Hopefully he gets a good send off, although it might be to put over the young bucks. Seeing him come down from the rafters one more time this week was sweet. And when he walks out for the last time, niagara falls...

Is Okada a done deal yet? I am very excited for Ospreay. Not 100% confident considering what they've done with Jay White, but we'll see. Is Adam Cole just an afterthought now?

Dirt sheets claim it more or less is a done deal for Okada to AEW. He may debut as soon as Wednesday.

I think the biggest problem with Tony Khan is the inability to pivot due to injury. This whole Devil stuff is a mess with Adam Cole. Hell.. speaking of Jay White, the reason Bullet Club Gold is now with The Acclaimed is because they all want revenge on The Devil. But because they can't do anything about it with Adam Cole hurt.. they're just in limbo.

I'm sure all that will pick back up once Cole and go, and MJF is healthy again as well.. but it really looks stupid when nothing happens because of that and you don't want anyone else filling in those storyline spots.

(It was the same when Kris Statlander was hurt, and Tony only wanted her to beat Jade for the TBS title.. so Jade held it way longer than necessary. Now Julia Hart has been hurt the last few weeks, which is why she hasn't been wrestling and thus.. no TBS Title match on Sunday.)

Back
Top Bottom