Turner Sports reaches $225 million per season deal with NHL

https://sports.yahoo.com/tnt-to-buy-nhl-national-broadcasting-rights-195902718.html

TNT will receive three of the next seven Stanley Cup finals beginning next season, while the remaining four belong to ESPN as part of its deal. Turner will spend "in the neighbourhood of $225 million" each season for the package, which value the total agreement at upwards of $1.6 billion.

TNT will also be the new home to the Winter Classic on New Year's Day, according to ESPN's Greg Wyshynski.

I wonder if we can finally be free of Pierre?? He is currently ruining the Hurricanes/Stars game for me. At least I can dream......

I wonder if we can finally be free of Pierre?? He is currently ruining the Hurricanes/Stars game for me. At least I can dream......

I wondered that too with NBC out of the mix. Will be interesting to see who TNT builds around since they have zero presence in the market at all.

I wondered that too with NBC out of the mix. Will be interesting to see who TNT builds around since they have zero presence in the market at all.
Hmm...good question.

[Brag] I've been a cord-cutter since 2015 so not sure how TNT/TBS currently programs, but didn't they have all the Braves baseball games (because they're Atlanta based, right?) a hundred years ago? So by that logic there is a southern(ish) (read: midwester) hockey team that has cannon-fire that would be the equivalent of the tomahawk chop as cringeworthy but marketable hook for a newbie fanbase; so that team would be my guess.

Sidenote: I miss reruns of Law and Order. Might join the gym just to do cardio and watch Jerry Orbach chase a bad guy down a sketchy alley in NYC. Please don't tell me they stopped playing L&O on TNT, I have so little hope in my life. =)

You know what's an interesting question on this topic, if you were the executive that got to build a broadcast from scratch like TNT is doing and had a completely blank slate to hire anyone for your nationally televised games, who would you hire and make the face of your new coverage?

They're supposedly going for a younger demographic so that's probably a factor in the decision, but who SHOULD it be?

You know what's an interesting question on this topic, if you were the executive that got to build a broadcast from scratch like TNT is doing and had a completely blank slate to hire anyone for your nationally televised games, who would you hire and make the face of your new coverage?

They're supposedly going for a younger demographic so that's probably a factor in the decision, but who SHOULD it be?

Funsies. Throw this name into that ring...
D-AbuFbW4AAQy0M.jpg

Bobby Lou. TNT he's your guy.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom