***Vancouver Canucks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/5/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Gotta see Spence out there a bit more to cover Hughes. You don't have to be physical with him, you just have to skate with him. Much easier said than done, but Spence is by far the best pure skater of the bunch and his analytics are surprisingly high.

Spece should be out there more against the Hughes / Makar types. Hiller is giving Doughty / Clarke a look when I think at the moment it would make MUCH more sense to give Doughty / Spence a look. I think it's a can't see the forest for the trees problem.

Gotta see Spence out there a bit more to cover Hughes. You don't have to be physical with him, you just have to skate with him. Much easier said than done, but Spence is by far the best pure skater of the bunch and his analytics are surprisingly high.

Spece should be out there more against the Hughes / Makar types. Hiller is giving Doughty / Clarke a look when I think at the moment it would make MUCH more sense to give Doughty / Spence a look. I think it's a can't see the forest for the trees problem.
Is Spence ever going to score a goal?

Tough loss. Even after sleeping on it, it still sucks.
Those 3 missed opportunities back to back to back in the 3rd were brutal. Turcotte needs to catch and release faster. Lewis kills offense for both teams and Dewey was so close with the post.
It sucks to lose on a penalty call against us when the Canucks pretty much did the same thing right before. I would have been so pissed if I was Fiala.
The outcome was disappointing but that was a great game overall. Playoff atmosphere. If we can play compete that and bring back Mikey, Kempe, and Arvy, then the playoffs will be a lot of fun.

Tough loss. Even after sleeping on it, it still sucks.
Those 3 missed opportunities back to back to back in the 3rd were brutal. Turcotte needs to catch and release faster. Lewis kills offense for both teams and Dewey was so close with the post.
It sucks to lose on a penalty call against us when the Canucks pretty much did the same thing right before. I would have been so pissed if I was Fiala.
The outcome was disappointing but that was a great game overall. Playoff atmosphere. If we can play compete that and bring back Mikey, Kempe, and Arvy, then the playoffs will be a lot of fun.
We’ve taken 3 out of 4 points from one of the best teams in the league, with our top scorer and #2 dman out of the lineup. We good.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Miller and/or 9 total goals in the two Canucks games:

Both (2 points):
AngelEyes
Nyssa42
Chateau Bow Wow

9 Total goals (1 point):
KHenry14
pray4mojo

Miller GWG (1 point):
Madness20721
jammer06
Drum4Pigs
beady eye
Byron
mugs
Rusty
hornman
sonnyboy11
cokingsfan
randdog
Guinevere
Sevenhole
Symbology
forum gold
Bill Hicks
notbob
SirJW
Dr. Tran
Cross Traffic
Jerram
Kurisu
TooCool
VCRW
puckoff
katydid213

Last night I was pretty hot about the officiating, not because the calls they did call weren't legit, just that they certainly were timed in a way that reflected something going on on the ice besides the play and as such seemed to disproportionally change the game. The reality of that game was it was very fast paced, and either team had some pretty decent chances to change the complexion with a goal here or there. The good news for the kings was their D was able to make the breakouts in the pace, which had been the number one issue in the january slump. Getting the ice tilted favorably against a presidents trophy competing club....well those expectations might be a bit out of step but generally speaking they showed decent game management skills. In the playoffs should these teams meet it would be a heck of a matchup.

That missed goal is going to haunt Turcotte a while, while that missed goal by Lewis is standard and he'll be fine
That save on Turcotte will definitely give him nightmares but I gotta say he’s starting to fit in nicely next to Kopi. He makes some creative plays with the puck and has a way of getting himself into prime scoring areas. Very crafty for a rookie.

Teams are very evenly matched without Kempe, Arvy and Mikey. I'd love to see them go at it with our full roster.

Not all that upset about the loss though the Turcotte and Lewis misses sting a bit. Vancouver is a tough team, always good when you can at least walk away with a point.

Is Spence ever going to score a goal?
Analytics say he's been very unlucky and playing at a fairly high level. He's looking a little more aggressive with his shot lately, it will come. The heat from Clarke is good for him. I want to see him on the second pairing next year, lord knows the Kings need that cheap contract there.

That save on Turcotte will definitely give him nightmares but I gotta say he’s starting to fit in nicely next to Kopi. He makes some creative plays with the puck and has a way of getting himself into prime scoring areas. Very crafty for a rookie.
Agree. He needs to get bigger but he is a nice fit with Kopi. Which, as long term fans know, is no easy thing (at least high-scoring wingers are usually not plug-and-play with #11). Playing with QB should be good too. Byfield most likely deferred way too much last year to Kopi and Kempe. This year he played a more confident game and was hugely improved (I totally misread him) and rewarded on the stat sheet.

Agree. He needs to get bigger but he is a nice fit with Kopi. Which, as long term fans know, is no easy thing (at least high-scoring wingers are usually not plug-and-play with #11). Playing with QB should be good too. Byfield most likely deferred way too much last year to Kopi and Kempe. This year he played a more confident game and was hugely improved (I totally misread him) and rewarded on the stat sheet.

Very reassuring to see him take some pretty big bumps at the NHL level and walk away from them fully intact. He just has to keep getting stronger and with more experience he should start to put up some points.

Ideally he slots onto the 4th line replacing Lizotte once everyone is healthy.

Very reassuring to see him take some pretty big bumps at the NHL level and walk away from them fully intact. He just has to keep getting stronger and with more experience he should start to put up some points.

Ideally he slots onto the 4th line replacing Lizotte once everyone is healthy.
I think ultimately, he will project higher than that once Kopi is gone. He could be our future 3C (depending on what position QB lands at) or they could slot him as a winger going forward. Kid has some offensive upside, more than Lizzo IMO and I'd like to see him in a more prominent role offensively than a 4C.

Turc is a bona fide keeper. He is a much better Swiss Army Knife player than Grundstrom or JAD. Dude can play on all 4 lines and be effective. Real happy he seems to have finally graduated from the AHL.

Like Kempe did 3-4 seasons ago, QB needs to work on his shooting during the off-season - improving both in velocity and location. Then he'll be a monster!

Turc is a bona fide keeper. He is a much better Swiss Army Knife player than Grundstrom or JAD. Dude can play on all 4 lines and be effective. Real happy he seems to have finally graduated from the AHL.

Like Kempe did 3-4 seasons ago, QB needs to work on his shooting during the off-season - improving both in velocity and location. Then he'll be a monster!

been harping on keeping him on either pld's or kopis wing

Analytics say he's been very unlucky and playing at a fairly high level. He's looking a little more aggressive with his shot lately, it will come. The heat from Clarke is good for him. I want to see him on the second pairing next year, lord knows the Kings need that cheap contract there.

he def has a bomb from the point, matter of time!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back