***Vancouver Canucks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/5/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Going 1 on 3 was not the smartest thing to try.
Exactly, I thought he was going to circle back, and regroup. Instead, he tried a low percentage deke that ended up causing the stupid penalty and ultimate goal.

GH92afVbAAATcy4

The first call yes, but the second call was a hook and was recorded as such on the score sheet. It was also incredibly light for all the other calls theyve been letting go.
I think you may have it backwards.

She's had a few gapers he's missed
What does he bring exactly? He panics with the puck, always has.
Him & Lizotte can go for all I care. You think our 4th line can hold up in playoffs? Gonna get run through the boards
all series.

bad 2nd questionable calls my god lewis open net miss.. coulda gone both ways. glad to steal a point.

Those three late missed chances was the difference. Poor Lewie.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 221934.jpg

Looks like for a moment in time, we're back on third again.

This felt like a playoff game, just very strong all around. even with the bummer ending. :verydrunk: :fpalm:

Okay with this. Kings embarrassed VAN last week. Plus Canucks had been slumping, and that doesn’t last forever unless it’s TM-coached Kings this season. Could have won it in the third but easily could have lost it too.

The first call yes, but the second call was a hook and was recorded as such on the score sheet. It was also incredibly light for all the other calls theyve been letting go.
You may be right. I don't trust my memory over this wine.

Didn't Kopi used to be good at faceoffs?
This team's faceoff performance has gone to crap since December. Should not be that hard to figure out why a team with Kopitar and Danault are not a good faceoff team. Though, with Kopi you do lose quickness when you age.

No one mentions how underrated Tocchet was as a player. Guy was a menace with surprisingly good skills.
I was just saying in the shoutbox when I was prepping for our previous game vs. Nucks what a beast he was. He had consecutive seasons of 45, 37 and 40 goals on the Flyers, and a 48 goal season with the Pens. 18 goals in 36 games his first season for the Kings. Unfortunately his time with the Kings was when we had a reputation for destroying good players mid-career. Heck, I wasn't even totally devastated by the Luc trade since we were getting Tocchet in return. He was tough and gritty and played even larger than his actual size. We could use a player like him right about now.....

I was just saying in the shoutbox when I was prepping for our previous game vs. Nucks what a beast he was. He had consecutive seasons of 45, 37 and 40 goals on the Flyers, and a 48 goal season with the Pens. 18 goals in 36 games his first season for the Kings. Unfortunately his time with the Kings was when we had a reputation for destroying good players mid-career. Heck, I wasn't even totally devastated by the Luc trade since we were getting Tocchet in return. He was tough and gritty and played even larger than his actual size. We could use a player like him right about now.....
Tocchet sticks out in my memory as a guy who I vividly recall from my first season being a Kings fan.

Trading him for a washed up Kevin Stevens was very dumb. Then trading Stevens for Luc was very smart. Those mid-to-late 90s Kings teams were such a disaster.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom