***Vegas Golden Knights vs. LA Kings GDT 10/28/23 7:30pm on BSW***

my post-game thoughts...in reverse order of the game.

- Why did Kempe not go first in the shootout?? Why did our 2 shooters look like they had never shot a hockey puck before in their lives in the shootout??? I seriously thought Dubois was gonna miss picking up the puck at the start of his skate there....

- Great OT. Too bad we had to PK or we may have won there

- Didn't get my birthday wish to deliver the VGK their first regulation loss, but I'll take the point.

- is Drew thinking of his soon-to-be-ex-wife every time he's smashing the puck like that lately??

- Byfield looking really strong this game, yay!

- Danault looking like the Invisible Man this season. Not sold on PLD. Can't decide which is my favorite of the Two Trevors. Will Kempe ever score a goal again??

- They had a really nice "altar" set up in the concourse for Dia de Los Muertos with photos of former Kings and staff members (David Courtney, that security guy who passed away recently, etc). Also had the logo of the Broncos team (the kids in the bus crash). I wish I had taken a photo of it, but it seemed a bit sacreligious/tacky to do that. The flower crowns they gave us were really neat.

- the quesadillas at the new DTLA bar are super-excellent! (where Impact bar used to be by the TeamLA store). Takes about 15-20 minutes to get the food there, so not quick-serve. I'll try some other things there & give a report next few games.

my post-game thoughts...in reverse order of the game.

- Why did Kempe not go first in the shootout?? Why did our 2 shooters look like they had never shot a hockey puck before in their lives in the shootout??? I seriously thought Dubois was gonna miss picking up the puck at the start of his skate there....

Kempe got a good slash on his wrist in the last shot in the OT. Only reason I can imagine.

I agree with everything else you said, except I didn't have any quesedilla's. PLD did a nice little soft pass into the glove. The lack of effort in shootouts has always annoyed me, hence why I don't like it at all. The Kings used to be pretty good at them I think? I mean at least try something. I'd put the 4th line out there before the sleepy ass big guys.

We gonna miss a lot of points if the Kings shooters keep playing shootouts like that, especially after a pretty strong game on a back to back - of course they may have been flat out exhausted.

All I know is I'd pay extra (I'm not paying anything) to see Doughty bang in these game winners/tying goals every game. It's my favorite thing and I did a playoffs jump out of my couch.

Last edited:
Pathetic attempts during the shootout. I hate the shootout. I guess I would love it if the Kings won more than they lost.

Danault looks completing lost so far this season. "Invisible man" is right.

Vegas took advantage every time the Kings gave the puck away. Can't play sloppy against this team.

Otherwise, strong effort against VGK.

Just wanted to point out the play where Byfield washed out what should’ve been an easy icing call by beating McNabb who had at least a 50’ advantage on him to a loose puck in Vegas’ zone. Then he spun and passed the puck directly to Kopi in the slot. If not for a highlight save by Thompson that goal would’ve been the best of the night.

I don’t know how many players in the league have the combination of size, speed, strength, offensive awareness and passing ability required to make that play. Truly impressive display from QB.

First line needs to start scoring goals like an actual top line. They are being out scored by the fourth line.

Danault needs to find his offense soon too. But I will never like Kaliyev on a line with 12 & 24.

PLD still looks like he is trying to figure out where he fits in. He should watch the play in which Laferriere scored off the rebound. That’s exactly what he needs to do - every night.

And yet the Kings are 4-2-2. Reason for hope…

Danault really misses Arvy. Kaliyev is really making the case for Blake to trade him and resign Arvy instead.

Just wanted to point out the play where Byfield washed out what should’ve been an easy icing call by beating McNabb who had at least a 50’ advantage on him to a loose puck in Vegas’ zone. Then he spun and passed the puck directly to Kopi in the slot. If not for a highlight save by Thompson that goal would’ve been the best of the night.

I don’t know how many players in the league have the combination of size, speed, strength, offensive awareness and passing ability required to make that play. Truly impressive display from QB.
Yep, no doubt, an effort that beautiful this should have ended up in the back of the net. It pains me to say it, but if that was Mark Stone in the slot, that probably ends up as a goal.. oh Kopitar, King of Kings..

Also, Talbot made some very confident looking saves against Vegas. It’s hard to argue with Todd giving him the lions share of starts at this point.

Vegas are the champs for a reason. Kempe should have scored in OT, should've could've would've. A lead for the Kings is never safe, I still believe the Kings are two players away from winning a playoff series.

Vegas are the champs for a reason. Kempe should have scored in OT, should've could've would've. A lead for the Kings is never safe, I still believe the Kings are two players away from winning a playoff series.

we have an absurd amount of scoring depth - I mean Kempe's not scoring at all and we're #2 I think. Defensive lapses, bad first periods, super shoddy defense - things that will be fixed as we go. I hope PLD grows on me...

That was a great play. QB had a couple of good ones last night.

You gotta take the bad with the good. A 3-goal deficit and a 2-goal lead are both equally likely to evaporate. Kings Sens and Kings Flyers should high scoring based upon the stats so far. [having said that one game will probably by 1-0 in OT].

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Eichel would have the deciding shoot out goal:

Dexter
KernCoKingsFan
Madness20721
rinkrat
Cross Traffic
Guinevere
dannybuoy1
DRice
Rusty
VegasHockey
katydid213
AngelEyes
notbob
Busted Chops
sonnyboy11
Dr. Tran
forum gold
DRGinLBC
SaltyPuck
Jerram
Kurisu
cokingsfan
Chateau Bow Wow
Shackleford
SirJW
hornman
hihocarp
Liz4LA
TooCool
beady eye
Clif
mugs

Apologies for the delay, had to send the calculations to NASA cuz there were so many damned winners even if the Kings werent. Still hard to say that this game decided a whole lot but we know for a fact that this team has the firepower to hang with the knights depth. We'll have to see if they develop something to give them an edge. Nobody guessed the shootout for the second part.

holy moly, that's a lot of winners!! The question for the rest of the season's games is going to be "At what time of tonight's game will Adrian Kempe score a non-empty-net goal?" lol.

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay, had to send the calculations to NASA cuz there were so many damned winners even if the Kings werent. Still hard to say that this game decided a whole lot but we know for a fact that this team has the firepower to hang with the knights depth. We'll have to see if they develop something to give them an edge. Nobody guessed the shootout for the second part.

Back
Top Bottom