03/06/23 -- Capitals 2, Kings 4
10/22/22 -- Kings 3, Capitals 4

2023-G20-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2023-G20-Pic2.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Grundstrom, Moore & Copley 11/25/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Carl Grundstrom
On the team’s commanding victory tonight

I think we played hard, we played 60 minutes tonight and didn’t give them anything for free. It was a good night for us
On the focal points from the group in today’s game
We stuck with ours game plan and kept playing with the puck, tried to play our game all the way in. I think that was key for us.
On a strong night from his line with Pierre-Luc Dubois and Alex Laferriere
I think we found each other better today, it usually takes a couple of games to get to know each other. I think today was was a good game for us.
On playing with Pierre-Luc Dubois and what playing with him opens up for him on the ice
Yeah, he’s really strong on the puck, so I justtry to skate and be open for him, to find lanes. He makes it easy [on us].

Trevor Moore
On a suffocating performance and how the Kings limited chances as well as they did

Yeah, I think we just kind of stuck with our game. A couple turnovers there in a second, but other than that, just shift after shift, we did what we wanted to do, stayed patient and got the win.
On getting production from throughout the lineup today
It’s crazy, it makes it easier on everyone, right, because you tilt the ice and it’s hard for them to get out of their zone and all that kind of stuff. It’s going good.
On Kevin Fiala’s level of play since joining the line with he and Danault
I think really highly of Kevin’s game, I think everyone does, the guy is so creative and even just listening to him talk on the bench, about what he kind of wants wants us to accomplish in the o-zone and the neutral zone, stuff like that, it’s pretty cool. It’s working out.
On seeing Pheonix Copley getting the shutout tonight
I think he gave us so much last year, so much stability and I never had any doubts that we were going to see some really good games out of him and it wasn’t like it’s his fault early. We’re happy to put some good efforts in front of him and he’s been rock solid.

Pheonix Copley
On the limitation of chances in front of him in today’s win

A lot of blocked shots, we limited their chances against, limited their zone time and as a result, we didn’t give up much.
On following up a strong performance on Monday with a shutout today
I just want to keep getting better and better. Regardless of what’s going on for me, I just want to stick to my game and keep building my game, so that’s big but more importantly, getting wins and keeping it rolling as a team is the most important thing.
On staying sharp throughout a game when his shot volume in the first period was so low
Yeah, that can be a challenge sometimes, when the guys are kind of dominating the play like that and playing so good defensively. As a goalie, you just have to roll with it, I can’t control the game that’s going to happen in front of me, you just have to be prepared for the opportunities when they come. So, it’s not always easy, but you just have to find a way to stay into it and stay ready when the shots come.
On winning two straight during a time when his starts haven’t been as frequent as last season
It’s kind of like the shot question, it’s kind of the same, just a little bit more time in between starts, so it’s just staying ready and getting my reps in in practice. I mentioned I’ve been working with Bucks a little bit extra, our goalie coach, and doing a little bit of extra work and trying to stay sharp, keep areas of my game where I want them. So, it’s just been staying sharp and being ready for the opportunities when they come.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

2023-G17-KF2.png

2023-G15-KD.png

2023-G17-KGI.png

CAPITALS PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G20-CF.png

2023-G20-CD.png

2023-G20-CGI.png

Former Kings

Nick Dowd
2023-G20-Dowd.png

Darcy Kuemper
2023-G20-Kuemper.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G20-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G20-Pic3.png

(photo courtesy of Rinkrat)
2023-G20-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023-G20-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

In last season's 2 meetings between these teams, the winning team scored 4 goals in both games.
Part 1 - How many total goals will the winning team score?
(shootout will count as 1)

You can take 2 guesses for part 1

The Capitals have the worst PP in the league. The Kings are in 14th place.
Part 2 - How many TOTAL PP goals will be scored in tonight's game by both teams?
One guess only for part 2
Take your best guesses in your post below

the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed either Moore for the second Kings goal and/or the Gwg would be scored in the first:

Both (2 points):

Rusty
dannybuoy1

Moore (1 point):
SirJW
puckoff
notbob
Cross Traffic
VegasHockey
VCRW
randdog
beedee
Sevenhole
hornman
mugs
empire

GWG First (1 point):
JayWells24
DRice
jammer06
AngelEyes
Busted Chops
Clif

King of the Mountain with 15 points - Rusty

12 points = clif, notbob

11 points = beady eye, CIrvine, Cross Traffic, Dr Tran, , Randdog

10 points = hornman, JayWells24, Nyssa42, SirJW, VegasHockey

9 points = Angel Eyes, Byron, KHenry14, Kurisu, Liz4LA

8 points = Chateau Bow Wow, dannybuoy1, DRGinLBC, empire, forum gold, Guinevere, hihocarp, Jerram, mugs, pray4mojo, puckoff, Rinkrat, Salty Puck

7 points = jammer06, katydid213, Sevenhole, TooCool, VCRW

6 points = DRice, Madness20721, waynet
5 points = Busted Chops, Shackleford

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, KernCoKingsFan, Rogie-Vachon, sonnyboy11, symbology

3 points =

2 points = Bill Hicks, Ragbone, rfischer

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

2023-G20-Pic1.png

(photo courtesy of Rinkrat)

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

Part 1) 4,6
Part 2) 2

At least the question wasn't "how many times will Ovie's controller disconnect"

A5Gzw2u.gif

Bugs, "How many lumps would you like?"