WTS: Cup or Skinner - Oilers Game 2

Clif

Super Star
Crosstown Traffic has the HF Board crazies covered on the other thread. Here’s some content from the Oilersnation crowd. This is the group that did an April Fools post last year about Connor getting suspended for concussing Anderson. Typical Oil fans - though a couple on here showed rare self reflection.

Pregame:

-How the Oil handle the Kings response will start to tell us if this playoff edition of the Oil are any different than one’s past.
-NHL network xm is a joke. “If it wasn’t for mcdavids 5 point night Mathews would have been the best player that night”. Heard this like 5 times on the station. Wtf. Idiots. Blah blah blah Toronto, blah blah blah Toronto.
—Mathews is friends with Bieber, and Bieber partied with Diddy.
-Game 2. 2nd Win. 14 more to go

Game:

-Sloppy play. Refocus men!
-Boring hockey incoming....
-Skinner needed to stop that
-LA forecheck is a lot more aggressive this game
—Of course. They don't want to go down by two against the Oilers
-Ok. Dubois is on the ice so another Power Play coming for the Oilers
-This team is not a contender
-Yikes. 2-0. Boring first period. Looks like a boring loss coming up. Let’s go boys.
-Mcdavid about to play 30 mins
-Drai dash 2….First goal was him cheating for offence. He talks a big game about learning lessons but he is as bad as anyone about cheating for O.
-Kings putting hands over the puck like they are playing hungry hungry hippos and no call, buuuullllshit.
-Kulak with the big blast! Needed that!
-Pull this f****n sieve already! Jesus f****n Christ!
-I was just going to ask how far Skin takes us. Tough for him to beat Soup out of his AHL job now isn't it?
-Oil lack playoff level goaltender, maybe next year
-How does doughty get a breakaway?
—And he didn’t even need to shoot it to score. Because Skinner would rather break dance in the crease than just play solid and smart.
-Now we get to enjoy 60 minutes of dog sh*te, boring ass trap hockey.
-If you cant stop a breakaway from a senior citizen.......
-571 save % Is that good?!
—In hostage situations
-they come back and win 5-3
—Only if they don’t give up any more shots for the rest of the game
-Refs love LA
-it isnt just the kings they need to outplay tonight
-Well i guess weve had our 1 powerplay
-this would be only series at 2-0 if the Oil win: NHL cant have that
—You should watch the Florida games. See what the series is at. (pro tip... 2-0)
——That’s grapefruit land. Doesn’t count.
-Hollywood!!!
-Talbot can keep us in this one
-Hyman from his office.
-Goddamit, now i gotta stay up later?
—It’ll be worth it when we win
-Skinner must have a golden horseshoe up his ass! The way the team keeps bailing him out!
-Stuart Skinner everyone.....Take a bow
-Well, at least that Talbot is matching with Skinner, truly the battle of goalie duel.
-Hollywood again!!
-Beautiful hit on Danault
-Stars lost
—Vegas knew which matchup they wanted…
-Cup or Skinner. I mean bust. lol
-Maybe next year, fml
-Was Nurse high out there?? WTF...

Postgame:

-Oilers deserve to lose this game. 3 goals on the first 7 shots. They think LA is easy to play? Need to play hard and focus in every playoff game to win. If they win this series, the coming opponents will be much harder to play against with.
-There is a very good chance we are watching the final act of Drai and McDavid in Edmonton.
-Bottom line is this….take away the 2 weak goals ( Doughty, Fiala) and we win 4-2, everyone’s happy. Stu will bounce back, we’ll be fine. It’s only one game. LA wasn’t going to be a pushover. Probably split the games there too.
-My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
-Over the last several weeks we constantly hear how there is more to “clean up” with their game. At this point they might as well just ice the Rogers place custodial staff.

"There is a very good chance we are watching the final act of Drai and McDavid in Edmonton"

Yeah I don't know how they'll be able to pay them both.

You could almost pull from the LA Kings boards for these sometimes - HF is an awfully sour place lmao. I look at it when I need a laugh from sheer angst.

I know everyone is sick of meeting the Oilers in Round 1 but seeing the Oilers fanbase in pain when we beat them is one of my great joys as a sports fan.

It's half of why we watch :D

"There is a very good chance we are watching the final act of Drai and McDavid in Edmonton"

It’s extra hard with anchors in Nurse and Campbell. I don’t want to call a contract unmovable after Blake off-loaded Cal, but even then it comes at a real cost.

You could almost pull from the LA Kings boards for these sometimes - HF is an awfully sour place lmao. I look at it when I need a laugh from sheer angst.

It's half of why we watch :D
HF Board people are quoted in the other thread. This is all Oilersnation. Want some bitter takes? Just read the articles. It’s taken as non-debatable fact that Moore’s hit Game 1 is filthy and suspension-worthy. The Oilers? In their free time they ring the bell for Salvation Army and Draisaitl puts on his lab coat to keep finding the cure for cancer.

No one on here ever said Brendan Lemieux wasn’t a punk.

More likely that they’ll try one more time next year. They will go all in and pray that they win one. They probably should trade Draisaitl and try to get some value and retool so McDavid wins one. Realistically, I don’t see that happening.

Fortunately for them, scoring is not the issue. Drai won't be missed if they can flip him for some top level goaltending. But mums the word, seems they haven't figured that out over the past decade.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom