“Jailbreak” Rule

To inspire more offensive chances--both ways I suppose. I think the insult of a shorthanded goal is neat enough, it would only inspire more defensive cheating and risks

Do you think coaches would play more defensively on the PP, giving up offensive opportunities, just to spend more time ... on the PP?

Honestly the NHL is way too conservative and would likely go back to playing 2 D on the PP. In general though I like the concept. Actually though I think it would be cooler if they would let teams accumulate the powerplay. We've all been there as fans where we know the powerplay is in a funk and a man advantage is just going to kill momentum, but if you could save one for a second penalty and go straight to a 5-3.... well now we're talking.

I was just contemplating the other day how much I actually hate special teams play in a hockey game. To me, it really disrupts the flow, and makes for a disjointed game. I wish they would do away with the PowerPlay/penalty kill all together, and Institute something similar to soccer, in which a player gets an infraction once it’s a yellow card, if he takes a second penalty in the game, he’s ejected and the result is a 2 min PP, and the team does not suffer a man power deficit, but their bench gets shorter. Or something to that effect, although I realize this would cause issues near the end of a game, where a team that’s leading will gladly haul down a player or some other infraction to save a tying goal in the waning minutes. Perhaps if you have two players ejected, THEN you’re forced to play down a man for 2 mins. Yadda yadda.. long story short, I really dislike special teams play.

The PWHL has implemented a “Jailbreak” rule where a shorthanded goal automatically negates the penalty kill for your respective team.

I kind of like this rule! Do you think the NHL should follow?
I would rather see the opposite. Team on the PP can score as many times as they can during the full two minutes.

I think they should first experiment with what they are doing with the kids' leagues now - can't ice the puck on the PK. (well, you can, but you're gonna get called on it)

"Jailbreak" rule I think would be fun for the first 40 games or so, then teams would find ways to exploit/ruin it, just like with the 3 on 3 OT

Only change that needs to happen is pts as 3/2/1. 3 pts regulation win, 2 pts ot/so win, 1 pt ot/so loss, 0 pts regulation loss.

Every game should add up to 3 pts.

Only change that needs to happen is pts as 3/2/1. 3 pts regulation win, 2 pts ot/so win, 1 pt ot/so loss, 0 pts regulation loss.

Every game should add up to 3 pts.

No participation trophies. 2pts for a win, 0pts for a loss. No OT or SO. You got 60 minutes....if you don't win, you lose.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back