***11:00 AM START LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues GDT 1/28/24 11:00AM on BSW***

Don't be so hard on PLD... it's not easy playing hockey and being president of the local Mensa International chapter simultaneously.

But seriously, the Kings have some flat-out dumb players... it's unfortunate their hockey IQ doesn't match their physical abilities

We've got so many options to choose from... that we can't keep track of who we think is lazy, selfish, bad or just plain dumb! Lol!

Seems pretty clear that we’re going to see either a trade or a coaching change before the next Kings home game. My prediction is Trent Yawney will be named interim HC before the all star break.

Todd benched Dubois earlier this season when he wasn’t happy with his effort and he’s called him out in the media. Dubois is already enemy #1. He lives under a microscope because he isn’t producing and the team has cratered.

Fiala avoids a lot of backlash from the fans and hockey media in general because he puts up those points. But there’s no comparison on who plays the more selfish game.

All this to say both of these guys are essential if the Kings are going to turn this season around.
Yep, defintely PLD more selfish.

Todd benched Dubois earlier this season when he wasn’t happy with his effort and he’s called him out in the media. Dubois is already enemy #1. He lives under a microscope because he isn’t producing and the team has cratered.

Fiala avoids a lot of backlash from the fans and hockey media in general because he puts up those points. But there’s no comparison on who plays the more selfish game.

All this to say both of these guys are essential if the Kings are going to turn this season around.
Fiala avoids backlash from me because he’s fun to watch. He makes skill plays that either no else on the team can make, or that no one else in the team is willing to try. He’s one of the only guys on the team who shows an ounce of creativity. The mistakes and penalties are frustrating, but we get those from Dubois, and on top of that he’s just flat out boring. He not the least bit interesting or entertaining to watch.

Last edited:
Fiala avoids backlash from me because he’s fun to watch. He makes skill plays that either no else on the team can make, or that no one else in the team is willing to try. He’s one of the only guys on the team who shows an ounce of creativity. The mistakes and penalties are frustrating, but we get those from Dubois, and on top of that he’s just flat out boring. He not the least bit interesting or entertaining to watch.
I’m right there with you Fiala. He’s the most exciting offensive player the Kings have had since Ziggy Palffy. He’s on a very good contract and I really believe it’s not possible to beat a team like the Oilers in a playoff series without him. He’s that essential. That’s why everyone can overlook his deficiencies even his coaches. You just have to take him as he is and hope the rest of the team can fill in the gaps in his game.

I also believe Dubois is fundamental to beating a team like the Oilers. More accurately Dubois at his most effective is the key to pushing the team over the edge vs. any high powered offense in a playoff series. We absolutely haven’t seen Dubois at his best no question about that. However we’re stuck with him now. So it would be great if both Dubois and the coaching staff could get on the same page and figure out a way to get him going.

Winning is more entertaining than whatever Fiala brings.

I’m right there with you Fiala. He’s the most exciting offensive player the Kings have had since Ziggy Palffy. He’s on a very good contract and I really believe it’s not possible to beat a team like the Oilers in a playoff series without him. He’s that essential. That’s why everyone can overlook his deficiencies even his coaches. You just have to take him as he is and hope the rest of the team can fill in the gaps in his game.

I also believe Dubois is fundamental to beating a team like the Oilers. More accurately Dubois at his most effective is the key to pushing the team over the edge vs. any high powered offense in a playoff series. We absolutely haven’t seen Dubois at his best no question about that. However we’re stuck with him now. So it would be great if both Dubois and the coaching staff could get on the same page and figure out a way to get him going.
The Kings were 0-3 against the Oilers in the games Fiala played last spring.

Next OT game Kings should just take their 1 point and head to the locker room. Don’t bother going on the ice anymore to take a sure loss.

The Kings were 0-3 against the Oilers in the games Fiala played last spring.
Cherry picking. Fiala was a plus player in the Game 4 collapse. The entire team was garbage after that in game 5 and when it got to 6 we all know how soft Korpisalo played.

Cherry picking. Fiala was a plus player in the Game 4 collapse. The entire team was garbage after that in game 5 and when it got to 6 we all know how soft Korpisalo played.
The Sens giving Korpisalo that 5 year $20M contract still blows my mind.

The Sens giving Korpisalo that 5 year $20M contract still blows my mind.
I think about it often during hard days like these. As much as I hated trading Quick, I shudder to think of Blake signing Korpi as a UFA sight unseen had he not made that move. PLD at his contract has more upside than that boat anchor.

Kempe misses a wide open net, Anderson can’t finish a beautiful set up at point blank, Moore can’t tuck it in on a breakaway, etc, etc.. on the bright side, Kopitar had some pep today. He has really gotten back on track with the face offs the last two games, and he should have had AT LEAST two sweet primary assists, if any of these bozos could finish. PLD is an 8 million dollar anchor, and Fiala is a f***ing idiot.

The Kings played far better as a team whenever Fiala and Durzi were out of the lineup. Late in the regular season, they were both out and the Kings held their opponents to under 2 a game for quite a few games in a row. As soon as those two came back, they won 7-6 against the Blues. High event players who bleed into the rest of the team.

One thing that in my opinion is killing the team is they only have 1 right-hand shot in the top 9 F's. Teams have learned that to beat the Kings they only need to pack the front of the net (there is no big accurate shots coming from the D) and wait for the inevitable weak backhand pass across the middle. It's like the Serengetti with the gators waiting in the river for the gazelles to cross.

2014 was close but this takes the cake.
yes - I remember poor JW having to give all those post-game interviews looking all depressed. I think we lost 8 in a row around this time in 2014? But still I don't remember the team seeming so disjointed. There was one interview when I truly thought JW was gonna cry - I think it ended up to be the "trash cans against the locker room doors" game.

At least they have a couple of days to recover from whatever flu is going around - you know if Byfield is too sick to play, then at least a few others must be sick as well. So we can give them a pass for at least getting a point today? (I have not watched the game - they may have just truly sucked as usual)

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom