Speculation 2024 Draft Thread

Dexter

TooCool needs a GF. Inquire within.
TEAM LGK
For absolutely no reason, let's start talking about who the Kings should target. *Should Blake not panic and trade the first in the off-season*

I think the name Iginla should make a dramatic return on the LA Kings. Tig Iginla. He's currently moving up on the rankings, but he could be there, wherever the Kongs pick.

Last edited:
I think the name Iginla should make a dramatic return on the LA Kings. Ty Iginla. He's currently moving up on the rankings, but he could be there, wherever the Kongs pick.

This is who I am hoping for too, but unless the Kings trade up he will be off the board by the time the Kings pick. It this draft class, though, it looks like it would be a good gamble to trade up and grab this guy.

I think the name Iginla should make a dramatic return on the LA Kings. Ty Iginla. He's currently moving up on the rankings, but he could be there, wherever the Kongs pick.

He is very much not his dad, should be a competent NHLer though. Stylistically very very different in how he gets it done.

David at Mayors been posting some:

Well, Blake has the team on track to be a lottery team, so why not look at the draft?

It's time to start chants at Crypto...FIRE ROB BLAKE!!!

Blake was doing well until Bergevin was brought on - the same Bergevin who was, in my opinion, an abstract failure in Montreal (both in regards to success and morality). Once Bergevin came in suddenly the player in which he was enamored with ended up on the Kings.

That doesn't give Blake an out, but with silly decisions such as these Luc needs to go too if Blake is shown the door.
Rumor Becomes Reality: Los Angeles Kings Hire Marc Bergevin

"The Montreal Canadiens stunned the rest of the NHL on Friday night by taking Logan Mailloux with the second-to-last pick in the first round of the draft.

Mailloux, who was criminally convicted in Sweden last year for sharing an explicit photo of a woman performing a sex act without her consent, asked teams not to select him. A player cannot remove himself from the draft."

1. The Los Angeles Kings lack a left wing among their top prospects. They could address that need by selecting Igor Chernyshov of MHK Moscow Dynamo in Russia's MHL junior league.
    He tallied 13 goals and 28 points in 22 games this season, finishing sixth among Dynamo scorers. The 18-year-old also saw limited minutes with their KHL parent club, netting four points in 34 games.
    NHL Central Scouting has Chernyshov ranked ninth among this season's international skaters. The 6'2", 192-pounder is under contract with Dynamo through next season.
    Pronman had Chernyshov 14th on his list of top prospects, calling him a big, powerful winger who skates well and possesses plenty of offensive creativity. Ellis noted his improvement without the puck, while Bukala cited his potential offensive upside.

21. Los Angeles Kings: Sacha Boisvert, C, Muskegon (USHL)​

Sacha Boisvert may be more of a project, but the tools are there with the Muskegon center. His shot stands out above all of his other skills, but he also has a strong touch with the puck and can get creative when needed. At 6-2, he has the height NHL teams are looking for, but he needs to fill out a bit more if he's going to find success in the pros. The Kings may shy away from a raw talent like Boisvert, but he would be a good get for their future.

Back
Top Bottom