About Bjornfort

MiketheKing

Super Star
Sorry if this was already posted, I did a site search and didn't find a thread about this yet.

I was just thinking the other day, whatever happened to our old friend Tobias... I knew he was claimed on waivers from Vegas--saw he's only played two games ( in January) for Vegas no goals, no assists -2 with 2 PIMS.

Other than the fact we had a log Jam on defense in Los angeles, can anyone explain what the hell happened with Tobias? DID anyone see what was going on with him in Ontario? He was highly touted as the draft pick he even played with Doughty early on.

It is not what he did in Ontario that was the issue. It is what he did/did not do in the NHL. I watched a few Reign games and he seemed to do better in the AHL. He just never had the confidence, or what ever in the NHL. Not the same game, which was not "great" in the AHL, but better than we had seen with the Kings.

Also, he is healthy again and has played 2 games for Henderson and is a -4

I firmly believe that he got NHL games because he came up on a bad NHL team, but instead of developing his own game he being told to develop as something he wasn't and it caused all his confidence issues. Notwithstanding the coaching had already "trusted" him for 100+ games and they couldn't understand the inconsistency when they asked him to grow his game. Defenseman under 20 in the NHL usually have a strength, asking them not to rely on that because you need something else is not a great way to get where you need to be. Note that with Clarke they are not sweating the very obvious defensive deficiency, under Todd they were. Makes what Qs become even more impressive.

I firmly believe that he got NHL games because he came up on a bad NHL team, but instead of developing his own game he being told to develop as something he wasn't and it caused all his confidence issues. Notwithstanding the coaching had already "trusted" him for 100+ games and they couldn't understand the inconsistency when they asked him to grow his game. Defenseman under 20 in the NHL usually have a strength, asking them not to rely on that because you need something else is not a great way to get where you need to be. Note that with Clarke they are not sweating the very obvious defensive deficiency, under Todd they were. Makes what Qs become even more impressive.
^^^So much this

Back