All Things: Cinefamily, Nuart, Aero, etc.

jerseydevil

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
Restart for the a/t: retro theaters thread.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre | The Cinefamily

Fundraiser with tickets going first to members(it ain't that bad overall and you can certainly find stuff to go to all the time) but my boy LTI is prob'ly interested in this.

Tobe Hooper and longtime pal William Friedkin come to the Cinefamily stage for an evening’s conversation about life, love and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre‘s enduring legacy. Hooper has cited Friedkin as one of his mentors upon arriving in Hollywood — and Friedkin has expressed much admiration for the landmark achievement of Chainsaw. This one’s gonna be FUN. Plus, after the Q&A, we’ll watch the brand-new 40th Anniversary Chainsaw restoration.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Dir. Tobe Hooper, 1974, DCP, 84 min.

Tickets to “An Evening With Tobe Hooper” will first go on sale to current Cinefamily members ONLY, starting Wednesday, July 2nd, noon. Any unsold tickets will next be offered to the general public, date TBA.

If this the kind of event that you want more of in your life, then donate for a Cinefamily membership today! Also, if your membership has lapsed, please note that you must renew, via re-signing up on our Membership page.

- See more at: http://www.cinefamily.org/films/the...iam-friedkin-feat-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/w...-spend-600-million-wider-seats-164650647.html

According to the Wall Street Journal, North American theatre chain AMC is spending upwards of $600 million dollars over the next five years to revamp their auditoriums.

What does the revamp entail? AMC will remove 50 to 70 per cent of the current seats in their theatres and replace them with larger chairs (about 8 inches or 36 per cent wider) that can recline. The upgrade will cost the company between $350,000 and $500,000 per auditorium. Many of the theatres will also offer full food and drink options.

Many of the theatres will also offer full food and drink options.

This is the exact reason WHY they have to expand their seats.

That being said, the Sundance Sunset(Crunch center where the old Laemmle was) is really nice. A little smallish and one of the few places where I would want to sit in the middle of a row. A/C was a little weak on a temperate day, midst of summer...they gotta work on that. Very classy, built in tables between seats, a ridiculously large food and (alcoholic) drinks menu. Pretty spectacular sound in my opinion. You oughtta check it out.

Last edited:
The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears is showing 7:30PM tonight at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica!

Drawing inspiration from classic giallos, this dreamlike mystery drips with style as well as blood. In French, Danish and Flemish with English subtitles.

This movie is not available on home video in the USA, AFAIK, but it's best enjoyed in the cinema anyway. It's difficult to follow, even more difficult than its creators' previous movie, Amer, if you can imagine that.

There will also be a "Belgian beer reception" following the screening. Probably would be better if the beer came before the movie, as it's surreal and beautiful with a great soundtrack. If you check out the links in this post, note the warnings, and are still interested, you'll probably want to see this.

Quentin Tarantino on the New Beverly:

There’s a notion out there that Quentin Tarantino is going to turn the New Beverly into a B-movie, grindhouse theater.

No, no, no, not at all. That double-feature format that Sherman came up with, we’re keeping. We’ll be doing the thing the New Beverly does so well — we’ll have Fassbinder double-features, Truffaut double-features, The Thin Man movies, all that. But I have a really, really huge film print collection that I’ve been curating for almost 20 years now. And I want to show my prints! [Laughs.] We’ll still be borrowing prints from the studios and other collectors, but I like the idea that the base of what we’re doing will be my print collection. Some of them are absolutely amazing, and I want people to see them, to enjoy them.

PLEASE SHOW LADY SNOWBLOOD.

Thanks.

The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears is showing 7:30PM tonight at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica!

This movie is not available on home video in the USA, AFAIK, but it's best enjoyed in the cinema anyway. It's difficult to follow, even more difficult than its creators' previous movie, Amer, if you can imagine that.

There will also be a "Belgian beer reception" following the screening. Probably would be better if the beer came before the movie, as it's surreal and beautiful with a great soundtrack. If you check out the links in this post, note the warnings, and are still interested, you'll probably want to see this.

The LA Weekly review was both none too kind, and a thorough incentive for me to want to see this. I think I am gonna check it out at home though so I can get in 'the right frame of mind'.

The LA Weekly review was both none too kind, and a thorough incentive for me to want to see this. I think I am gonna check it out at home though so I can get in 'the right frame of mind'.

Variety ripped it apart, too, and I think it was a fair opinion. I actually liked this better the second time through. I'm a little slow, and I got the movie much more on the second viewing. I'm wavering about ordering an international DVD. I really want it, but I want it to be in high def, for sure. So, I could be waiting a long, long time, but I hope not.

Beyond Fest Returns to Los Angeles! Film Lineup Announced! - Dread Central

Hey Adgy...LTI...time for us all to go catch a flick together?????

Holy ****, that's a lot of good stuff!!!!!!!!!!

I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but otherwise I'm down for pretty much any of these. Standouts that I'd like to try for:

9/27 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre
9/29 - Possession
10/3 - World Of Kanako
10/4 - Tokyo Tribe

Barring the apocalypse, I'm going to that free screening of World Of Kanako, goddammit.

You know...QT is a little nutty. And it definitely feels coup-esque, but one thing you cannot deny is his passion.

I really can't blame him. As a movie fan, the scheduling over the past year was incredibly lackluster. Almost nothing inspired me to swing by.

QT taking the reins is a much needed reinfusion of passion that seemed to be missing for quite some time.

Long live the New Bev!

I really can't blame him. As a movie fan, the scheduling over the past year was incredibly lackluster. Almost nothing inspired me to swing by.

QT taking the reins is a much needed reinfusion of passion that seemed to be missing for quite some time.

Long live the New Bev!
That place had a big hand in starting my love affair with film. My girlfriend in high school dragged me to see Apocalypse Now there, disbelieving that I didn't like it when shown it by my English teacher; saw my first Coen brothers film there, "Blood Simple" that blew me away. I actually saw QT there once, many years ago, going to a show with Mira Sorvino. Why only film, though? Lots of indie films these days come out on digital only.

That place had a big hand in starting my love affair with film. My girlfriend in high school dragged me to see Apocalypse Now there, disbelieving that I didn't like it when shown it by my English teacher; saw my first Coen brothers film there, "Blood Simple" that blew me away. I actually saw QT there once, many years ago, going to a show with Mira Sorvino. Why only film, though? Lots of indie films these days come out on digital only.

Earlier this year QT called digital projection the death of cinema.

Quentin Tarantino Blasts Digital Projection at Cannes: 'I | Indiewire

I think his commitment to 35mm projection is putting his money where his mouth is.

Sounds like if he's going to take a loss every year keeping the theater open, it's going to operate the way he wants it to.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back