All Things:Comedy

JACKASS 3.5: THE UNRATED MOVIE Blu-ray Review

The set-up of 3.5 is that it has the cast talking about the bits that don?t work, and things that come close, but it seems there are less minor funny bits that didn?t make it in. If one of their nicer jokes don?t work, it seems that?s the stuff that?s not worth showing ? though producer Spike Jonze does a bit as an old lady with a tremendous camel toe where he nearly has a heatstroke. The show always borders on Allen Funt-y sort of Candid Camera gags, and that may be the most ?safe? sketch even if Jonze is offering to sleep with strangers.

There are some solid bits, and the basketball nut shot montage (seriously) is a thing of beauty. This doesn?t have the sense of ?it?s coming to an end? like the third film did, instead it feels like these guys are going to keep doing this until someone dies. Which seems both fitting and inevitable.

Hey Kq, remind me to bring this over...:firefire:

MR. POPPER’S PENGUINS Review

Your kids are probably going to love Mr. Popper?s Penguins. I saw it an audience filled with kids and their parents, and the kids laughed throughout. They laughed when the penguins farted. They laughed when the penguins pooped. They laughed when the penguins fell down. They laughed when Jim Carrey made a funny face. The movie easily walks beneath the low bar set by what passes for family films and if you want to keep your kids amused for two hours and can?t find a shiny object, then Mr. Popper?s Penguins fits the bill. There?s nothing I can say against this film that makes it any less of a joy to kids who ask nothing more than funny faces, fart jokes, and slapstick.

Will It Always Be Sunny for the Stars of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?" | Pajiba: Reviews, News, Quotes & Cultural Commentary

Speaking of being nervous and intrigued, Rob McElhenney, who plays Mac on “It’s Always Sunny,” revealed late last week on Screen Junkies that he has gained 50 pounds for the show’s seventh season, which starts this September. Allow me to repeat that: Mac will be 50 pounds heavier this season. So far, nobody associated with the show has given an in-story or in-character explanation for the dramatic weight gain, but the actor has stated that he believes this will inherently make the character funnier. According to Charlie Day (who states that he and the rest of the cast worried at first, due to the obvious health implications), this is absolutely true.

Whoa.

foos.jpg

Throw Those Devil Horns, Tom Cruise | CHUD.com

The first official, non-Twittered photo from Rock of Ages hit the Internet today, first from USA Today and then from Tom Cruise?s official site.

I?m a little late in posting it, but it?s a good thing I waited. We needed the hi-res Cruise edition.

I?ve never had the good fortune to see Rock of Ages, but I?m already disappointed to hear they?ve toned down the ?predatory? element of Stacee Jaxx, and made him a ?lost boy.? Seeing Cruise in full on letch mode would have been a lot of fun?seeing Cruise as a sad ?fame isn?t everything? rock star, not so much.

More than anything though, this picture makes me feel old. Not for the 1980s and hair bands (I?m a little too young) but because the teenage me would have gone weak at the knees to see Cruise in long hair, tight pants, and tattoos. Now it just feels weird. Like seeing my dad dressed up and rocking out.

Now Doc, if this don't belong in the COMEDY thread then I just don't know...cause I am laughing my ass off at this.

Interview with Bill Murray Day Creator Casey O'Donnell | CraveOnline

This was the statement released by O'Donnell About the event:

Well it?s official, Tuesday June 21,2011 10pm EST, 7pm PST the greatest live stream ever streamed will begin streaming the Official Bill Murray Day celebration! What do we have planned? How about some live performances by the Bill Murray Band, stand up by a semi-famous comedian (Announced soon), bobbing for Baby Ruth?s contest, hot girls mud wrestling, Bill Murray movie drinking games, #billmurrayday twitter explosion, farthest fan check in contest, plus much much more, and hot girls mud wrestling.

What The H?? More Sadness For Bill Cosby!! Comedy Central Cancels ONION SPORTSDOME And SPORTS SHOW WITH NORM MACDONALD!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

F_ _ _ Y_ _ Comedy Central! Norm Macdonald's show was hilarious.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/20/norm-macdonald-comedy-central-canceling-sports-show/

Macdonald quipped to EW that he had not been “officially” informed of the bad news, noting, “A Minute with Stan Hooper is still officially on hiatus,” a reference to his short-lived 2003 Fox sitcom. He also said that he was open to hosting a similar-style program (“I like doing a funny show where I don’t have to act and fall in love with a girl”) and talked up “an Internet campaign to save the show, almost like they do with shows about witches and vampires and aliens from outer space…. Maybe I’ll call [the network] and ask them to bring it back. I’ll say, ‘Just bring it back. How much could it hurt television, really?’”

Last edited:
Steve Carr to Direct THE BOONDOGGLE Starring Rob Riggle and Thomas Lennon

Director Steve Carr (Paul Blart: Mall Cop) has been handed the keys to the Rob Riggle and Thomas Lennon comedy The Boondoggle. Details on the project are currently sparse, but we do know that it will feature Riggle and Lennon attending a giant waste of time dressed up as a business trip that happens to take place on an island. Deadline reports that the pic is scheduled to begin shooting later this summer. The Boondoggle was penned by Christopher Halvorson and underwent rewrites by Riggle and Lennon.

I like Riggle and Lennon, so sign me up.

LIFE’S TOO SHORT Trailer

Since his programs like Extras and The Ricky Gervais Show have found a happy home at HBO, it?s no surprise to learn from Deadline that the cable network will also air Life?s Too Short, the new comedy series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. We first heard about the project back in April of last year which has Warwick Davis playing a fictionalized version of himself as a down and out little person actor trying to hustle and connive his way back into the spotlight. We?ve already heard about guest stars such as Johnny Depp and Jerry Seinfeld , and it sounds like Sting and Steve Carell will also make appearances along with Gervais and Merchant playing themselves in small roles too. The series will first air on BBC Two later this year and will hit HBO sometime in 2012, but you can check out the first trailer for the new series after the jump.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back