All Things:Fx

jerseydevil

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
Elijah Wood and Jason Gann on 'Wilfred' | CraveOnline

In 2007, Jason Gann expanded his short film into an Australian TV series called "Wilfred," which followed Gann's title character as he wrecked havoc in the life of Adam, a hapless suitor for his owner, Sarah. To clarify, Wilfred is a dog, who appeared as a man in a cheap dog suit to Adam. But to everyone else, Wilfred was just an ordinary dog. The original series lasted for 16 episodes before FX picked up the rights for an American remake.

Beginning on Thursday, June 23, Gann will reprise his role on the new "Wilfred" series, with "Lord of the Rings" star Elijah Wood stepping in as Ryan, the potential boyfriend of Wilfred's beautiful owner Jenna (Fiona Gubelmann). Earlier today, Gann and Wood spoke to the press about the show and answered our questions about the genesis of the project and what we can expect from the upcoming season.

Personally, like all Fx shows, I think this will be groundbreaking tv. Sadly, that means one season and done. Do me a favor...watch this show.

Ive been watching Wilfred. Great show. I give it 4 paws up.

Hurm...Rescue Me. It's beginning to be a real grind to sit thru 'The Ridiculous Adventures of the Family Gavin'. This show lost the balance and has focused on Tommy and family for too long. Hopefully the season picks up and ends on a high note but last night's premiere was just too much more of the same.:yield:

Was anyone else a bit disappointed in Rescue Me last night? I have decided to watch again to see the series end even though I only did cursory viewing of the last two seasons (meaning I know basically all that has happened). Last night was exactly why I stopped watching. It is the same old Tommy and the same old stuff. His life is so foreign to a life I am used to that it makes it very difficult to watch how out of control it is. Maybe I am just being too harsh and will have to struggle my way through this season. I am a huge Leary fan and did find the series ground breaking.

Hurm...Rescue Me. It's beginning to be a real grind to sit thru 'The Ridiculous Adventures of the Family Gavin'. This show lost the balance and has focused on Tommy and family for too long. Hopefully the season picks up and ends on a high note but last night's premiere was just too much more of the same.:yield:

Thank gosh someone else feels the way I do! This is the whole reason I pulled away from the show after seasons 3/4 - I just couldn't take it anymore. The characters and actors they have are first rate. I just wish they could work on the scripts and story lines as well as they have gotten the right actors.

Thank gosh someone else feels the way I do! This is the whole reason I pulled away from the show after seasons 3/4 - I just couldn't take it anymore. The characters and actors they have are first rate. I just wish they could work on the scripts and story lines as well as they have gotten the right actors.

They used to spend as much time with the supporting characters and in the firehouse. It blunted what really is a very cliche'd family story. Lou, (white) Shaun, Mike and even Franco are relegated to about 5 minutes an episode these days and that's just not enough. I HATE Janet. I ain't too fond of his daughters either. The bar stroyline really threw an anchor right in the middle of this whole show. The last truly great moment was when Tommy went with his dad to the ball game and the old man died right next to him. Since then it has been an endless loop of Tommy/Sheila/Janet and it's just so one note. Not enough Lou.

I liked that ballgame scene as well.

I have to say last night's best scene is when Tommy has taken the shot (alledgedly) and he sees Johnny, his dad and Jimmy and they have that conversation about getting a good buzz going. That was the most effective moment of the night. Then shotgunning the bar was pretty funny but typically Tommy.

I liked that ballgame scene as well.

I have to say last night's best scene is when Tommy has taken the shot (alledgedly) and he sees Johnny, his dad and Jimmy and they have that conversation about getting a good buzz going. That was the most effective moment of the night. Then shotgunning the bar was pretty funny but typically Tommy.

It's just allllllll the same. We get it...we get it...alcohol, family, yadayadayada. This show used to be just as funny as it was melodramatic. It's MASH all over again.

They used to spend as much time with the supporting characters and in the firehouse. It blunted what really is a very cliche'd family story. Lou, (white) Shaun, Mike and even Franco are relegated to about 5 minutes an episode these days and that's just not enough. I HATE Janet. I ain't too fond of his daughters either. The bar stroyline really threw an anchor right in the middle of this whole show. The last truly great moment was when Tommy went with his dad to the ball game and the old man died right next to him. Since then it has been an endless loop of Tommy/Sheila/Janet and it's just so one note. Not enough Lou.

Was anyone else a bit disappointed in Rescue Me last night? I have decided to watch again to see the series end even though I only did cursory viewing of the last two seasons (meaning I know basically all that has happened). Last night was exactly why I stopped watching. It is the same old Tommy and the same old stuff. His life is so foreign to a life I am used to that it makes it very difficult to watch how out of control it is. Maybe I am just being too harsh and will have to struggle my way through this season. I am a huge Leary fan and did find the series ground breaking.

It's just allllllll the same. We get it...we get it...alcohol, family, yadayadayada. This show used to be just as funny as it was melodramatic. It's MASH all over again.

I'm with both of you.

The episodes that focused on Lou and/or Franco were very compelling. Those are great characters.

I'm in until the end, no matter how disappointed I was in that last episode.

Ok, it took 3 episodes...but Rescue Me got it right last week. An episode almost entirely focused on the firehouse and all the guys...you remember them don't you? Anyway, it was funny and smart...and even kinda touching. Like the show used to be. Hopefully from here on out the rest of the final season follows this format and I can actually feel bad that the show is ending...fingers crossed.:19smile: And Adam Ferrara is horribly underused.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom