All Things: Simon Pegg / Nick Frost / Edgar Wright

adgy-san

PJ Harvey is God
Simon Pegg says Edgar Wright's Ant-Man departure is a 'terrible shame' | Film | theguardian.com

"I think it's a terrible shame. I get why perhaps it's happened. Maybe they want a particular thing in line with a particular other thing, but if you hire a director who has a particular vision, you've got to expect him or her to make a 'such and such film'. 'An Edgar Wright film.'

"That's what that script was, and it was interesting. The characters had a real journey. I can't really say too much about it because obviously it's not my thing, but it's their loss," he added, laughing.

Edgar Wright To Direct Adaptation Of YA Novel 'Grasshopper Jungle' | The Playlist

Deadline reports that Sony have tapped Wright to helm Andrew Smith's YA novel "Grasshopper Jungle," which they describe as "Stand By Me" meets "Attack The Block." Scott Rosenberg ("Con Air," "High Fidelity") is penning the script for this unusual coming-of-age tale, and we'll let the Booklist synopsis do the talking:

Simmering within Ealing, Iowa, is a deadly genetically engineered plague capable of unleashing unstoppable soldiers—six-foot-tall praying mantises with insatiable appetites for food and sex. No one knows it, of course, until Austin and his best friend Robby accidentally release it on the world. An ever-growing plague of giant, flesh-hungry insects is bad enough, but Austin is also up to his eyeballs in sexual confusion—is he in love with Robby or his girlfriend, Shann? Both of them make him horny, but most things do. In an admittedly futile attempt to capture the truth of his history, painfully honest Austin narrates the events of the apocalypse intermingled with a detailed account of the “connections that spiderweb through time and place,” leading from his great-great-great-grandfather Andrzej in Poland to Shann’s lucky discovery of an apocalypse-proof bunker in her new backyard.

That reminds me. Anybody watched this?

510K1JQ343L.jpg

Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright Working Together on New Movie

In the interview with BBC, Pegg added:
When we said the trilogy was over, it was because that group of films was over. They’re all kind of related with each other and deal with a specific idea. There’s a criteria to those films…The next thing we do won’t do that, it will just be something else. It will happen. We made three films in ten years and hopefully in the next decade we’ll make another three…I really love working with those guys and I wouldn’t ever not want to work with them. It’s not even a question.

Read more at http://collider.com/simon-pegg-edgar-wright-new-movie/#wB2MiSvxumkbca7K.99

TIFF Review: 'Kill Me Three Times' Starring Simon Pegg, Teresa Palmer, Alice Braga, Luke Hemsworth And More

The filming must have been a delight to shoot, and a great opportunity for the cast and crew to bask in the sun and enjoy the magnificent Australian beaches behind the scenes. In front of the cameras, however, the result is a lame attempt at channeling the energy of a Quentin Tarantino or Doug Liman film. From the electric guitar on the soundtrack to the predictable duplicitous nature of practically every single character, “Kill Me Three Times” kills all the fun by the time you reach the halfway point. By then, you just feel like hitting the mute button and enjoying the stunning Australian locale. [D-]

Oof.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back