***Anaheim Ducks vs. LA Kings GDT 2/24/24 7:30pm on BSW***

2 points is 2 points...no matter how ugly. Thank goodness it was the #30 Ducks. Can't play that sloppy against Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver in next 3 games.
My expectation is 1 point and they could easily go 0-3. I can't see this D holding up.

My expectation is 1 point and they could easily go 0-3. I can't see this D holding up.
Hoping for 2 pts. They know they played poorly tonight, which they better. Oil sliding but Calgary surging. VAN good chance to be ugly.

Tied in points (68) with the Oiler, but they have a game in hand. 3 points behind Vegas with 2 games in hand. Things are looking better.
Tied in points, but the oilers have 4 more regulation wins than we do. So finishing tied in points with the Oil is probably not gonna cut it.

Tied in points, but the oilers have 4 more regulation wins than we do. So finishing tied in points with the Oil is probably not gonna cut it.
Who said anything about "finishing"? That's still a long way away. I am just pointing out that the Kings are back in touch with 2 teams that a couple of weeks ago looked like would leave our guys in the dust.

Tied in points (68) with the Oiler, but they have a game in hand. 3 points behind Vegas with 2 games in hand. Things are looking better.
Games in hand at this point in the season aren't the big plus one might think they are. Perhaps more beneficial is a day off.

Who said anything about "finishing"? That's still a long way away. I am just pointing out that the Kings are back in touch with 2 teams that a couple of weeks ago looked like would leave our guys in the dust.
I did. There is no leeway from here on out. 26 games left, a lot of which are divisional contests, so before you know it, it’ll be time to make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/-1 of 41 combined hits and/or 22 kings saves, special shout out to @Rogie-Vachon who was the only poster to get all 4 points:

4 points:
Rogie-Vachon

41 hits (2 points):
Drum4Pigs
KernCoKingFan
VCRW

40,42 hits (1 point):
SirJW
VegasHockey
DRice
beady eye
hornman

22 saves (2 points):
Bill Hicks
DRGinLBC
jammer06
dannybuoy1
JC6388LAKings

21,23 saves (1 point):
VegasHockey
Byron
TooCool

Well results are results and points are points. With all the injuries lately this feels a lot more like two years ago where instead of identity it's next man up and pull for each other. I don't know if that's a workable playoff strategy but I'm not sure what other choice they have at the moment. This Canada trip is gonna take some mojo, hope they have it.

Games in hand at this point in the season aren't the big plus one might think they are. Perhaps more beneficial is a day off.
Once again, my post simply points out that the Kings have put themselves back in touch with the 2 teams above them. No prediction involved. No judgement made. Thanks.

Once again, my post simply points out that the Kings have put themselves back in touch with the 2 teams above them. No prediction involved. No judgement made. Thanks.
VGK and EDM are both 4-5-1 in their last 10 and are also on matching 3 game losing streaks. Kings are 7-2-1. Good news is good news.

I am not happy overall with the last two games and the schedule concerns me for these next three especially. However, points-wise really couldn’t have asked for more than what Hiller has delivered. Reason for hope.

26 games left. That’s it. The time for moral victories and hand-wringing over ugly wins is long gone. The final leg of the race is here. By any means necessary is now the mantra.

Be grateful for Rittich. Turn the page on this one and find a way to get 4 points over the next 3 games!

If there was ever one of those "a win is a win" games, that was it. The Kings have no business letting the Ducks keep that game close. Left me a little concerned to say the least, but that's nothing new given the way the season has gone.

I was in attendance and I will say the crowd was solid last night. Up in the top sections, many of us, including our whole section (minus the ducks fans) were standing for the whole shootout.

Big roadie coming up, would love to see them win at least 2 of 3.

26 games left. That’s it. The time for moral victories and hand-wringing over ugly wins is long gone. The final leg of the race is here. By any means necessary is now the mantra.

Be grateful for Rittich. Turn the page on this one and find a way to get 4 points over the next 3 games!
Right? Take it any way you can get it. Besides, it’s not like we haven’t outplayed the hell out of an opponent, only to be stonewalled by their goalie!

VGK and EDM are both 4-5-1 in their last 10 and are also on matching 3 game losing streaks. Kings are 7-2-1. Good news is good news.

I am not happy overall with the last two games and the schedule concerns me for these next three especially. However, points-wise really couldn’t have asked for more than what Hiller has delivered. Reason for hope.

I was watching the highlights of the Calgary win over Edmonton, and Edmonton looked horrible, especially their goaltender. Granted, it was just the highlights.

Hopefully there will be some energy carryover from the recent 4-0 shutout against the Oilers on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to the game against the Canucks on Thursday, just to see how good they really are.

Don't sleep on Calgary...they are fighting for a playoff spot too.

I was watching the highlights of the Calgary win over Edmonton, and Edmonton looked horrible, especially their goaltender. Granted, it was just the highlights.

Hopefully there will be some energy carryover from the recent 4-0 shutout against the Oilers on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to the game against the Canucks on Thursday, just to see how good they really are.

Don't sleep on Calgary...they are fighting for a playoff spot too.
It’ll be EDM’s 3rd game in 4 nights, so ironically it feels like the game going in where they have the best shot. CAL is making a legit push, getting good goaltending, and really have that need-to-win momentum, so not optimistic about it. Especially on night 2.

I’m looking forward to seeing VAN also. I thought they’d be a paper tiger but the fact they haven’t let off is interesting.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom