Any deal(s) we make?.

Birdman

TEAM LGK
Will likely come after the game tomorrow and before Mondays mosh pit. We do t play again until Tuesday, and Blake would want them to get a practice in before they have to play.

It is kinda nice we don't have a wipping boy we want to drive out of town. With the gas prices and all.

What about bringing back Trevor Lewis? Nice 3rd or 4th line guy that is familiar with some of the players. Plus he brings an intangible that has haunted us all season. He is a good penalty killer!! Watching Calgary last night he was out there frequently on the PK.

Go Kings!!!

What about bringing back Trevor Lewis? Nice 3rd or 4th line guy that is familiar with some of the players. Plus he brings an intangible that has haunted us all season. He is a good penalty killer!! Watching Calgary last night he was out there frequently on the PK.

Go Kings!!!

I think Daryl would punch Treliving right in the face if he traded Lewis.

Making a deal with 1/2 the team out on IR seems weird to me.

Agreed, unless a deal is too good to be true or we are trading players whose contracts are expiring and the Kings expect not to resign at the end of the season. We still have a good amount of talent on the Reign we can call up, and Hickey on loan to help cover.

Go Kings!!!

I have always thought it was a big mistake to let Lewie go. Who would really rather have Lizotte at 4C?

Character guys are hard to come by. Not many teams will let them go unless a total rebuild. I remember when the Kings got Williams. People lost their minds because he was often injured. I believe he was injured when the Kings acquired him. That was an enormous pickup.

Yes, I remember that deal and JW was injured at the time. I believe Patrick O’Sullivan went the other way. Grand larceny pulled off by Lombardi.

I don't know if the Kings are in the market for Phil Kessel. But we should let him know that outside of the arena are lots of vendors selling hot dogs wrapped in bacon.

No on Kessel. For a player w that much skill, he's moved around too much. Something is off.

Why don’t we just raid the waiver wire until we get through these injuries?

Edit: A list of those recently placed on waivers:

Riley Nash (ARI)
Brad Richardson (CGY)
Kyle Turris (EDM)
Christian Jaros (NJD)
Kyle Clifford (TOR)
Petr Mrazek (TOR)
Harri Sateri (TOR)
Derrick Pouliot (VGK)

Obviously, they're on waivers for a reason, but we're not looking for long term solutions. We're looking to get through a couple of weeks here. I know who is going to stick out to most of us (two of them really) but even Turris - to be given a last chance to do something? Am I wrong that we can take them and throw them right back on waivers as others come back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly, provided there is no term left on the contract. Otherwise they eat into your 50 SPC limit, and you’re stuck trying to unload them next year if they’ve still got term. I’m too lazy to look at the specifics, and if I leave the mobile app page it’s logs me out, so you’re on your own for the research part..

No on Kessel. For a player w that much skill, he's moved around too much. Something is off.

Then again, you would hate yourself if you had to play in Phoenix. Expiring contract too.

I know clifford signed a 2yr just for this purpose and will go down to AHL.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back