Any Grundstrom updates?

aragorn

Jerseys need purple
Grundstrom was skating on Wednesday but I've heard nothing since. We could sure use him down the stretch and beyond.

Pretty awesome that he scored a goal in his first game with the Reign. Still some speculation the Kings will carry him on the playoff roster.

Oh I think he’d be on the Kings roster right now if the salary cap allowed it. My guess is he’ll be on the Kings 4th line come game 1 of the playoffs.
For sure...they are playing the LTIR card now...just not as ridiculously as Vegas.

I assume Grundstrom will be on the playoff roster.
I just don’t know why?
Grundstrom was not particularly noticeable prior to his injury.
And if you look back to the playoff series last year, he wasn’t effective at all.
I get the “experience” factor. But Grundstrom had experience last year and was invisible. and it’s continued through this year prior to the injury.
I’d play Thomas. At some point you have to allow the young guys to play and get their experience.

I assume Grundstrom will be on the playoff roster.
I just don’t know why?
Grundstrom was not particularly noticeable prior to his injury.
And if you look back to the playoff series last year, he wasn’t effective at all.
I get the “experience” factor. But Grundstrom had experience last year and was invisible. and it’s continued through this year prior to the injury.
I’d play Thomas. At some point you have to allow the young guys to play and get their experience.
Grundstrom’s on the roster for one reason: he’s by far the most physical winger on the team. He currently leads all forwards in hits despite playing 30 fewer games than #2 Laferriere. Grundstrom will play.

Well, there is that!
Hard to disagree on needing physical play in the series, regardless of whether it is Dallas or another vs Edmonton.

He’ll be on the 4th line with Dubois and Lafferiere come Game 1 in Edmonton, with the hope that he batters some Oilers early.

He’ll, if Dubois doesn’t step it up, I wouldn’t be shocked if he were a healthy scratch at some point.

Can someone explain the LTIR/cricumevention thing with Vegas I don't pay attention other than apparently they've done it 2+ years in a row?
If a player is on LTIR, their cap space is off the books. So teams can call up players, or trade for players to add to the roster to fill the hole. This is during the regular season, so the player on LTIR cannot come back to the team if there is no cap space. There is no cap in the playoffs, so teams can play whomever they have available. Stone has been getting injured mid season, put on LTIR so Vegas can add player(s) to the roster and still be under the cap. Then, in the playoffs Stone comes back and the team becomes a powerhouse. A team that would not be able to be iced during the regular season because it would be over the cap.

Tampa Bay won a few cups pulling this same BS.

If a player is on LTIR, their cap space is off the books. So teams can call up players, or trade for players to add to the roster to fill the hole. This is during the regular season, so the player on LTIR cannot come back to the team. There is no cap in the playoffs, so teams can play whomever they have available. Stone has been getting injured mid season, put on LTIR so Vegas can add player(s) to the roster and still be under the cap. Then, in the playoffs Stone comes back and the team becomes a powerhouse. A team that would not be able to be iced during the regular season because it would be over the cap.

If Arvy was still on LTIR, Blake would have been able to add an additional player at the deadline and use up Arvy's 4.25/yr salary cap space. Then, game 1 of the playoffs Arvy could have come back and all would have been fine.

If a player is on LTIR, their cap space is off the books. So teams can call up players, or trade for players to add to the roster to fill the hole. This is during the regular season, so the player on LTIR cannot come back to the team if there is no cap space. There is no cap in the playoffs, so teams can play whomever they have available. Stone has been getting injured mid season, put on LTIR so Vegas can add player(s) to the roster and still be under the cap. Then, in the playoffs Stone comes back and the team becomes a powerhouse. A team that would not be able to be iced during the regular season because it would be over the cap.

That makes sense -- why would the cap not carry to the PO's? Buncha bums.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom