B

Bill Hicks

Lurker
Fiala gets kneed by Cogliano = no response
Durzi gets head shot by Oshie = no response
Durzi gets head shot by Niederreiter = no response
Mikey gets boarded McDavid = no response
All last playoff EDM rag-dolled us when they felt like it = no response

The one guy who has the balls to go toe to toe with CM straight up is out.
Where are his teammates in response? Where?

Fox said that EDM even addressed Mikey and we're going to do something and whalaw, concussion.
I'm not talking about gooning up the game, I'm talking about answering the bell for a teammate.
I've seen very little of it this season.
Is this Todd's decision not to, that the 2 points are more important?
Yes 2 points are important but, sometimes other things are more important.
EDM has zero reason not to goon it up against us. Zero.
A well placed elbow, a seek and hit shift, a captain lining up McDavid as he cuts across the middle of the o-zone
without a care in the world and dropping his massive size square into his chest and laying him out.
Where is any of that?
I hate Boston with my fiber but guess what, they respond to everything like a wolf pack they feel is a slight.
Blake Must address this issue this off season.

As always and forever...F the Oil.

I will say I'm a little confused by the MacEwen acquisition and deployment. I don't miss Lemiuex and his reputation penalties, but our identity is definitely not as physical team.

We appear to be all in on speed, skill and finesse. I hope clogging up the neutral zone translates to the playoffs because we do not have a lot of heavy checkers anymore.

Fiala gets kneed by Cogliano = no response
Durzi gets head shot by Oshie = no response
Durzi gets head shot by Niederreiter = no response
Mikey gets boarded McDavid = no response
All last playoff EDM rag-dolled us when they felt like it = no response

Could you imagine that happening with our Kings from 2012 to 2014? The other team would have been ground into pulp.

It's kinda telling that our first pairing defensemen was concussed in a late season battle by the most skilled player in the NHL. I hope we have a response as a team.

I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re soft. But yes it does bother me that none of those hits got any kind of response. I know we’re known now for skill & I’m not asking them to goon it up. But they needed some physical response. I hope this changes when the playoffs come.

I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re soft. But yes it does bother me that none of those hits got any kind of response. I know we’re known now for skill & I’m not asking them to goon it up. But they needed some physical response. I hope this changes when the playoffs come.

When I see things like this happen, I can't help but wonder if they don't care about each other as much as we think they do.

Could you imagine that happening with our Kings from 2012 to 2014? The other team would have been ground into pulp.

No, but I remember in 2009 a cheapshot delivered by Malkin on Simmonds that received no response. I think after that the Kings identity began to change.

Lizotte said after Mikey got boarded they didn’t respond because they didn’t want to give a powerplay to the Oilers. A disappointing answer to an infuriating situation.

Lizotte said after Mikey got boarded they didn’t respond because they didn’t want to give a powerplay to the Oilers. A disappointing answer to an infuriating situation.

Especially considering that McDavid was being called for a minor penalty, so a retaliation response would have only resulted in a 4x4, with the OIlers most dangerous player in the box.

Yep, very soft. Even back to the Doughty/Tkachuk stuff, no response. I think McNab tried to fight him, but it was weak.

I've mentioned this a lot in the GDT's,

and yes. We are. I think game 1 of the playoffs the other team captain will 2012 Brown smash whatever skill players we have left and it'll be downhill from there. Hope I'm wrong.

It kind of seems like a nonsense answer as well, as at the time, if they truly gave a ****, adrenaline would be flowing and someone, anyone, would have stuck up for the probable future captain (Anderson). The "we didn't wanna take a penalty" is an afterthought.

And yeah it's not about the goons taking it up, it's about strong willed, strong players standing up for their teammates. It's like huge Kopitar smashing McDavid, or Kempe, or huge Byfield who doesn't know his size. Anyone. Sticking up for teammates. As Faust said, the Kings identity this year is "outscore your problems" - well 2 of our best scorers are out, maybe our best D. It's a big glaring problem I think, esp. compared to the teams we won the cups with. I see playoff winning teams as a lot physically and mentally stronger. We also seem to get injured.. easier than we should, but IDK much about that part of the game (conditioning and being more protective of oneself). It's the exact reason we lost last year. We added more of the same skill wise, which is good, and Gavrikov, which is also good, though I've seen him play good D, but not quite be physical, like say a Greene.

Last edited:
The team's temperament is a reflection of its leaders. How many times have Kopi or Drew dropped the gloves in their careers? Danault is the only guy with a letter who will stick up for his teammates.

This thread is about fans' perception of the team, and is coloured by their own adrenaline having zero outlet. Do you really want skulls cracked? Pools of blood? Stretchers on the ice? Do you really think that scrums that feature stinky gloves and nasty insults is going to affect men who willingly throw their bodies in front of 90 MPH slapshots?

This post is stupid, because I already know the answer to my own questions. Fans are what they are. Flame on.

I don't think we're soft,it's more a case of the personnel we have. I would love to see someone go after McDavid tonight,but with our d-men injuries it should be a forward.

it is also the leagues responsibility to handle hits like that. Mcdavid should have been given a match penalty at the least. Its been discussed be we all know that would have happened had he been slammed.............

Whatever they do tonight i hope its as a team and with a goal. What I don't want to see is a vigilante getting the team into a role they arent showing up for.

I admit I wanted a different response last game, but to their credit, whatever that game plan was they stuck to it. I know my preference is a matter of style, but their plan damn near worked. So stick to it if its gets results.

I want to see Kopitar challenge McD to drop the gloves on the opening face off, or their first face off together.

Whether or not McD obliges is irrelevant. It would send a message and set the tone for the game.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back