Attn: Rob Blake

Teams 100% given up on the coach
Kempe, Kopitar, Edler... every defenseman except Anderson I think... problems.

Big trade for a D man
Fire the coach

Only things I'd like to see.

I'm not a Todd superfan or anything but Kings are 3rd in the Pacific and scored 8 last night (yes they gave up 8 as well+OTwinner). There are some clear issues with the team but I don't think it's time to get rid of everyone mode either.

But Todd if you're reading: Pls don't play 11 - 8 - 9 in OT together, especially to open!

I'm not a Todd superfan or anything but Kings are 3rd in the Pacific and scored 8 last night (yes they gave up 8 as well+OTwinner). There are some clear issues with the team but I don't think it's time to get rid of everyone mode either.

But Todd if you're reading: Pls don't play 11 - 8 - 9 in OT together, especially to open!

I dunno.

Telling us all to be patient in year EIGHT of a rebuild is a bit much.

I dunno.

Telling us all to be patient in year EIGHT of a rebuild is a bit much.

its year one of expectations, anything before now is water under the bridge. If you're going to hold onto it I suggest other past times unless frustration is your past time.

Let’s see. If:

Durzi doesn’t make that horrendous stretch pass against Vegas
The PP doesn’t get sloppy loose and spring WPG free for a SHG when Kings had them on the ropes
They don’t completely neglect the middle of their own damn zone in CAL and against SEA
Cal doesn’t let Kreider score from that horrible angle

You’re looking at a minimum of 5 more points and as many as 10 more. And then no one is calling for the coach to get fired.

I’m glad a player was made accountable in a big and much deserved way, because the players are where the blame needs to be focused at the moment.

I don't disagree and I don't blame TM. But I do see a team that is playing like they want to get the coach gone, or they are tired of a system they don't believe in. Seen't it before. The peewee plays from... all parts of the ice are astonishing. Like the up the middle passes blow my mind.

I don't disagree and I don't blame TM. But I do see a team that is playing like they want to get the coach gone, or they are tired of a system they don't believe in. Seen't it before. The peewee plays from... all parts of the ice are astonishing. Like the up the middle passes blow my mind.

Those up the middle passes are so mind-blowing! Where the hell did that come from?

That’s a tough theory though. They had plenty of games they could have totally folded on if they were really engaging that level of purposeful self sabotage.

My thought is they’ve been given more freedom to open up their game to score more and they’re just not taking the responsibility well at all. It’s also a question we can’t answer about who in that locker room is holding their teammates accountable. Totally possible no one really is. It’s apparently a fairly quiet team. I’d gladly give up a number of the current bottom six players for some guys who could come in and shift the culture a bit.

I think it's more our top 6 that is the problem, and I wouldn't say it's self sabotage but more not playing into a system. I doubt it's "on purpose", I didn't mean they are committing mutiny, but there are obviously issues between leadership and what happens on the ice.

I don't understand why more heat is not being directed at Blake. He has created this mess of a team - especially the defense. He has had three coaches already, so at some point, it is not the coach that needs to be looked at, but rather the GM.

Sigh....

It was much easier for Rob when he was just expected to hipcheck the **** out of people.

KINGS-OILERSLos-Angeles-Kings-Rob-Blake-in-action-in-1998.jpg

his slap shots from the blue line that are never on net

Yes! I always wondered about this. Majority of the the time they're so wide they create an outnumbered attack the other way and the Kings lose all momentum they had created.

I wonder why the coaches don't just tell him to shoot RIGHT AT the goalie instead of some top corner and hope for a rebound or deflection.

If only he knew a guy that could have gotten us a couple of d men that did.
I’m sick of the whole Blake/Luc combo. Going to the games live suck you never know what channel the game will be on. If I wanted to watch all the games I’d need 3 different subscriptions I can’t listen to games on the radio anymore cause you need to be able to get your phone to connect to your car, a lot of work trucks don’t

This team has no heart, no leadership, no identity.
I don’t understand how we had a team last year the made the playoffs with a beat to hell defense, and add one of the better d man back to the team and become worse. I’m all for getting rid of Drew too. Tired of his mouth, his no look passed, his slap shots from the blue line that are never on net,and his 11 mil on our payroll.

Personally I think Blake has done an overall good job in terms of drafting and FA signings and trades, but I 100% agree that the tv situation is extremely ridiculous - it's like they are trying to lose fans. I haven't enjoyed the in game experience this season as much as previous seasons either, food options suck (pretzel vendor has been sold out every time) audio seems way off (chants missing etc) and the seats seems smaller than ever. Pretty redic to pay for tickets two rows up from the ice and have to twist my legs like a pretzel to fit in (and avoid the cup holder in front). I don't have the same problem at the Dodgers, Rams or even USC games.

Ok that's my rant for the day - sorry.

So, what was the big move to react to giving up the 9 goals? Placing an underperforming goalie on waivers that you know would not be claimed? Sending back 2 guys to your AHL affiliate that probably should have been there all along? What was the big reaction to show the fans (your paying customers) that this nonsense of underachieving is unacceptable? Was there a trade (not meaning a blockbuster)? Was the coach fired? Quite frankly, I don't see this as anything drastic, but a mere shuffling around what you already have.

Where is the accountability? How does any of this help us long term? It gets part of Petersen's contract off the cap for the short future, but how does that solve the bigger problem? Where is the Rob Scuderi, Matt Greene, Robyn Regehr, Willie Mitchell type player on D? The guys that played a major role in our Cup wins. That is what we need, but then again, it likely only solves part of our overall problem.

I hope there are better days ahead.

Go Kings!!!

Who are the coaches out there that are available right now? I know one guy that has the chops, but will draw some mixed reactions.. quenneville.

The way I see it is this year 4 of TM coaching this team and by now they should have a clear sound identity and should be playing it to perfection. But that is not the case with this team. The announcers are still talking about the Kings finding their identity. They don't have one and to boot they are so inconsistent in their game. Sending Peterson to the minors isn't going to do a thing to fix what the real problem is. TM needs to go and the Kings need to bring in a real coach that will instill discipline and structure and get this team back on track. Trotz would be my pick, but him wanting to come to LA is a ? mark.

I don't know. I like this team and the coach. What I don't like is the inconsistent goal tending and the inconsistent special teams play. Far too many shorthanded goals over the years. Thanks for the two cups, Quickie, but after this year, it's time to hang up the mask and have your number lifted into the rafters. At times, this team is fun to watch. Other times, I'm wondering what the H E double hockey sticks I am watching.

I've never been that big a fan of retreads as far as options. The ones that are out there that I'd be intrigued by though would be a limited list. Of that list it wouldn't include Q just like I don't think it should include Trotz on a pure fit concept. If you want to hire based on reputation I'd be looking more for a guy like Gallant or Laviolette. Coaches with obvious shelf lives but better fits for the personnel that the kings currently carry. I know those two aren't available but in terms of the carousel they might be soon.

Sturm has done a lot of waiting in the wings, and that would be a hell of a push by Blake if he decided to move on. If he makes another coaching change it will most definitely be his last one barring some cups.

The forwards just let Testikoff drive right through the middle, that is a problem.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back