Brandt Clarke Update

HeadInjury

2 Late to Change My Name
After helping win the Gold for Team Canada, he's kinda playing well for Barrie in the OHL

25 games, 16 goals, 29 assists, 45 points and a +29.

He's 5th in team scoring, although he's played in less than half of their games this season.

He's 10th in the OHL in scoring among defenseman, even though he's played in less than half the games. His 1.8 points per game leads all defensemen. In fact, it leads all skaters in the OHL.

Once Barrie's season is over, you have to wonder if we might consider him in the playoffs. At a minimum, he should boost Ontario.

OHL playoffs go through May, and then there's the Memorial cup. Its very fine if he goes and wins all of that. If so he'd be available June 5th at the latest.

It's a shame he had to go back to Junior and couldn't play in the AHL. I worry about him developing bad habits while playing in a league he's clearly outgrown.

OHL playoffs go through May, and then there's the Memorial cup. Its very fine if he goes and wins all of that. If so he'd be available June 5th at the latest.

Yeah, going deep in the OHL playoffs would be a good experience for him. I was thinking of his availability if his team has a first or second round exit.

I dunno guys but this Clarke kid sure seems like he might turn out to be good...

xni2o7wr5boa1.jpg

Pinelli putting up 1.53 points per game is nothing to sneeze at either. Training camp should be fun this summer.

It's a shame he had to go back to Junior and couldn't play in the AHL. I worry about him developing bad habits while playing in a league he's clearly outgrown.

He never looked quite ready to play full-time in the NHL. It is a shame that he couldn't play in the A but he got 4 months of professional training and instruction, then won a gold medal against his peers and now he's playing every night and dominating. An imperfect development year but the best of the tricky situation.

I think the Kings (for once) handled it perfectly. He wasn't ready to be a regular in the NHL, not at least from the games I saw him play early in the year. Everything he's experienced this year has been a positive and his attitude has obviously been great.

Pinelli putting up 1.53 points per game is nothing to sneeze at either. Training camp should be fun this summer.

Yep, it's going to be very competitive. Clarke could very easily make the NHL roster next season unless the Kings go down their normal conservative approach and he plays at Ontario for a season.

Another 2 goals for Clarke yesterday. He now has 23 goals and 38 assists in 31 OHL games. Averaging just under 2 points per game and up to a +40.

Brandt has clearly unlocked the next level of offensive production. It's hard to not dream of what it could mean for the Kings if he can transfer those offensive skills to the NHL level. The future is bright!

If this kid can put on weight and some muscle he should make a run at a roster spot next season.

I have seen many college athletes dominate their sport and then at the next level, do nothing. Hate to see a player peak so soon. Let’s hope for the best!
Best regards,
Mr Positive

I don’t see him peaking as a 20-year old. But he sure is making a statement playing against Junior competition. I don’t believe Clarke will be spending much, if any, time in Ontario next season.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back