Byfield expected as healthy winger

M

MiketheKing

Lurker
NHL article
IMO, putting QB at wing 3 seasons in is an admission of unmet expectations from the organization. If we wanted a winger, should of went with Stutzle to begin with.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to let QB sink or swim, learning/growing on the job at the position he's been groomed to play his whole life? I would be mildly bitter to be reassigned personally, being a number 2 overall pick.

Thoughts? Is this a standard practice around the league that I'm unaware of?

Bustfield will be a 4 line center or 3rd line winger. What a whiff on 2OA.

"BuT HeS sTiLL GroWinG iNto His BodY" :rolleyes:

What does he have to be bitter about? He's playing on the King's top line, with two of the best players on the team. If the Kings wanted a winger, they would have drafted one, but they wanted a center, and the kid still has plenty of time to make that happen. Playing a season and a half at wing isn't going to ruin the guy, calm down.

Last edited:
hey, Brent Burns got moved from forward to D, and that worked out pretty well for him.

remember how we all hated Vilardi at this point last summer? And now we're all sad that he's gone. So let's wait to see what the 1st 20 games of the season bring.

speaking of....I've had hockey clinics at TSPC the past 2 weeks, and I can't wait to get back there to watch training camp!!

This happens more often than you probably understand.
Any examples? As others mentioned. Brent Burns is Fwd to D. I'm looking for notable high draft Centers delegated to wing.

Any examples? As others mentioned. Brent Burns is Fwd to D. I'm looking for notable high draft Centers delegated to wing.
Well then, Tyler Seguin was drafted 2nd overall as a center, and plays right wing.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins was first overall pick, plays left wing.
Draisaitl plays left wing but obviously because he has McDavid as the center.
Marner was drafted C, again a winger.

Last edited:
Back