Byfield

We'll probably have 22-25 mil in cap space before the re-signings. I don't see a big issue. Roy and Lewis will be gone. Only Arvidsson is a big ticket, and do you really think he deserves a raise?
I highly doubt Roy goes unless he demands top dollar perhaps. We need to keep Roy if at all possible, he is far better than he gets credit for.

Worth it. But it just about seals the fate of Grundstrom (1.3M) and Lizotte (1.6M RFA). Both of them are gone this summer. Replaced by the much cheaper Turcotte and Thomas.

Agree. Sux in that Blazes' line really brings the energy. Hopfully Turc or Thomas can bring the same, Grundstroms grit will also be missed

I’m worried someone puts up an offer sheet on him for 8.5. Montreal could afford him. I love this kid and really want to see him stay here for a ling time.

I’m worried someone puts up an offer sheet on him for 8.5. Montreal could afford him. I love this kid and really want to see him stay here for a ling time.
Why wouldn’t the Kings just sign him at that number? He deserves every dollar of a contract that matches Stutzle’s 8 year 66.8M.

Re-signing QB has to be priority number 1 this off-season. His contract sets the structure for the rest of the roster. You build around him including moving other players salaries if need be.

I highly doubt Roy goes unless he demands top dollar perhaps. We need to keep Roy if at all possible, he is far better than he gets credit for.
Roy is a fine defenseman. However part of the Kings scoring problems starts at the back end. Beyond Doughty and Spence they have 4 guys who only occasionally chip in offensively. That leaves them at a big disadvantage when up against high power offenses.

Brandt Clarke can create offense from the blue line. That skill is sorely lacking and adding firepower back there will make the Kings more balanced and dangerous offensively. The only way to add Clarke and keep Spence’s puck moving skills is to move on from Roy.

Roy is a fine defenseman. However part of the Kings scoring problems starts at the back end. Beyond Doughty and Spence they have 4 guys who only occasionally chip in offensively. That leaves them at a big disadvantage when up against high power offenses.

Brandt Clarke can create offense from the blue line. That skill is sorely lacking and adding firepower back there will make the Kings more balanced and dangerous offensively. The only way to add Clarke and keep Spence’s puck moving skills is to move on from Roy.
And it is all academic anyway because Roy WILL cost more than the Kings can afford, by a lot.

Blake is gonna dust off that hipcheck if anyone tries that. :mhihi: ;) :mad:

What I’d like to see is trade Gavrikov for 1st/2nd. Trade Spence for Chychrun and resign Roy.

What I’d like to see is trade Gavrikov for 1st/2nd. Trade Spence for Chychrun and resign Roy.
I don’t see this happening, and dislike this idea.

As much as I hate losing Roy due to cap constraints, we’ve got a pipeline with a kid who should be ready to step into the role. He’s going to make mistakes, but that’s the logical move.

No way the Kings can soften this already cream puff D even more by icing both Clarke and Spence.

I don’t see this happening, and dislike this idea.

As much as I hate losing Roy due to cap constraints, we’ve got a pipeline with a kid who should be ready to step into the role. He’s going to make mistakes, but that’s the logical move.
I don’t see it happening either, but Gavrikov signing only for two signals he’s looking for more than he’s already making now. If we’re paying that much for a second pair D, I’d sooner it go to Roy. Having one offensive dman on the left would be helpful too.

Though admittedly, what Chychrun pulls next could also be cost prohibitive.

Back
Top Bottom