Game Day Thread
Game #30/82
12/23/23

7:00pm Pacific on BSW

2023-G30-Flames-Logo.png
2023-G30-Kings-Logo.png

Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA

Tonight's Giveaway - Bailey Mini Snow Globe (first 10,000 fans)

Last Season's Meetings
03/28/23 -- Kings 1, Flames 2
03/20/23 -- Flames 2,
Kings 8
12/22/22 -- Flames 3, Kings 4 (OT)
11/14/22 -- Kings 5, Flames 6

2023-G30-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Todd McLellan 12/20/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Todd McLellan
On the shot volume in tonight’s game, compared to the Grade-A chances

The volume was there, I didn’t think we did a real good job at the net. We had a presence, but we opened up a lot, we didn’t get through eyes, we exposed eyes, I think there’s a big difference there. We didn’t really want to get dirty or get down and dig in around the net. If it was going to be easy, we were going to take it, but they’re big and strong there, so they didn’t give up much there.
On if he feels that things like that are expected on the second half of a back-to-back
No, because if you do do those things, then you get rewarded and the work becomes easier. I thought the exact opposite happened tonight. We worked pretty hard in the first period but we didn’t do those things, we didn’t get the reward and then we tried to open it up. We got a little bit lazy, ran out of gas a bit and as a result, came out on the losing end.
On if there’s concern about the offense drying up as of late
No, we are still creating a lot of chances. If I was going to sum up tonight and we’re going to talk about offense, I go right to the power play. Flat out to the power play, we had seven minutes and we get two shots on the goal. Our entries early in the game were poor, we finally fixed that, and when we got into the zone, we’re shooting pucks into people. I thought we moved like turtles on it, we were thinking rather than playing. Those are all obvious things. So, the offensive part of it, that’s the disappointing thing for me. It’s a little bit of the play around the net, but that can be repaired.
On forward Blake Lizotte collecting his 100th career NHL point in tonight’s game
Well, the group was happy for two things. One, that we got ourselves back into that game, but two, I’m not sure that we all realized that Lizzo was at 100 when it was announced. Pretty motivating young man for a lot of individuals in our locker room but also in the hockey world. I was lucky enough to see him play before he got to the NHL and how he worked his way up and continued to battle. Nice reward for him, individually.
On trying to make in-game adjustments on the power play, on the fly
We’ll try and help them, but it’s what they feel. Today, we get opportunities to watch between periods, try and make adjustments and on the bench even and it didn’t matter. We were slow. We’d move it to a player ,he would stop, handle the puck, look around, analyze everything, move it to the next guy. The penalty killers had to move, but they never really got out of position and I just thought we had poor pace with our puck movement.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2023-G28-KF.png

2023-G27-KD.png

2023-G28-KGI.png

FLAMES PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G30-FF.png

2023-G30-FD.png

2023-G30-FGI.png

NO Former Kings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G30-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G30-Playersto-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023-G30-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

All European Born Players on Kings & Flames
Kings: Arvidsson (SWE), Bjornfot (SWE), Englund, (SWE), Fiala (CHE), Gavrikov (RUS), Grundstrom (SWE), Kaliyev, (UZB), Kempe (SWE), Kopitar (SVN), Moverare (SWE)
Flames: Andersson (SWE), Backlund (SWE), Kylington (SWE), Lindholm (SWE), Markstrom (SWE), Pospisil (SVK), Ruzicka (SVK), Sharangovich (BLR), Vladar (CZE)
How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored by ALL European born players in tonight's game?
You can take 4 guesses
only exact correct guesses will get 1 point
Take your best guesses in your post below

the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 2 minutes of 6:27 of the third for the game winner:

5:57-6:57 (3 Points):

AngelEyes
VegasHockey
Rusty
katydid213
forum gold
Symbology

5:27-7:27 (2 Points):
puckoff
Guinevere
KernCoKingFan

4:27-8:27 (1 Point):
SirJW
rfischer
randdog
Drums4Pigs
pray4mojo
notbob
mugs
TooCool
Shackleford
VCRW

King of the Mountain with 20 points - Rusty

18 points = notbob

17 points = Cross Traffic

16 points = Angel Eyes, VegasHockey

15 points = clif, forum gold, hornman, Nyssa42

14 points = hihocarp, SirJW

13 points = beady eye, Guinevere, Jerram, Kurisu, mugs, puckoff, Randdog

12 points = Byron, Chateau Bow Wow, CIrvine, Dr Tran, empire, katydid213, KHenry14, Liz4LA, pray4mojo, waynet

11 points = JayWells24, KernCoKingsFan, VCRW

10 points = DRice, DRGinLBC, Rinkrat, Salty Puck, Shackleford, TooCool

9 points = dannybuoy1

8 points = Madness20721

7 points = jammer06, Rogie-Vachon, Sevenhole, symbology

6 points = Bill Hicks, Busted Chops

5 points = rfischer, sonnyboy11

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, Ice24

3 points = Drums4Pigs, JETS GARAGE

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = PuckMaster, Rog or Reg?, STONE

2023-G30-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

I don't think Nyssa appreciates how drunk I'm gonna be during this game....weekend....or maybe she does, at least I have until next week to get the answers right

Thank you Nyssa!

0,1,2,6 points

Safe travels to any hitting the road, and may your airport bartender stiffen your drink if you're flying

Anyone still playing the PrePlay game on NHL.com? I was #1 in our group, #1 among all Kings fans, and #40 overall but it got really tedious… quit playing a couple weeks ago. Good luck to those still playing.

Back
Top Bottom