***Calgary Flames vs. LA Kings GDT 12/23/23 >>7:00pm<< on BSW***

If Byfield was at 23 mph that is the fastest clock in the nhl so far. He was three yards behind and caught him raised his stick and scored. THAT is the Byfield we expected
What’s great is he almost pulled the exact same move earlier in the game. I believe it was the 1st period. The Flames D man had a bigger lead on him so he couldn’t make the play but he got very close. QB is special.

I couldn't see the game tonight but I saw highlights....who was doing the PBP with Fox on the broadcast? Where was Nick???

jom

The good….a win at home!
The bad…we will need a better pp!
The ugly…stay out of the box!
The awesome… Byfield’s race to the puck to put the nail in the coffin! He’s exuding confidence!
The major awesome… my first time getting on Kings talk in all these years!

Go Kings Go!!

The good….a win at home!
The bad…we will need a better pp!
The ugly…stay out of the box!
The awesome… Byfield’s race to the puck to put the nail in the coffin! He’s exuding confidence!
The major awesome… my first time getting on Kings talk in all these years!

Go Kings Go!!
Yes way too many penalties taken by the Kings.

I couldn't see the game tonight but I saw highlights....who was doing the PBP with Fox on the broadcast? Where was Nick???

jom

Nick was sick and/or wanted a long weekend and Josh Schaeffer?, the Reign pbp guy filled in. Or so I'm told. The young man did a real good job. I can say that being a few years older than him. Though IDK he looked 17.

I think he’s used to saying Jacob Doty, forward on the Ontario Reign.

Doty won the cup in 2012 along with Kopidor for the Sacramento Kongs. Special time.

Besides that, I'm so glad QB read everyone's posts on here the last year or two and is becoming a hell of a player proving naysayers like me wrong. I know it was an EN goal but I think that was my favorite one, partly as it was 55 on 55, but mostly the speed. Wow.

Dubois even looked goodish! I really hoped he scored on that partial breakaway.

I'm going to cry when Kopi finally hangs 'em up. Even more for his amazing D play then anything. He was a total beast in the D zone tonight.

MVP of forever.

watch any of corey perrys goals

=insert joke here=

Last edited:
Reactions: jom
Fiala wins something for showing up like this

noname.jpg

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 7 points by all the Euros:

Chateau Bow Wow
Jerram
Byron
rfischer
KHenry14
puckoff
JayWells24
forum gold
notbob
CIrvine
Nyssa42
Clif
Bill Hicks

From what I recall last night the kings were simply better, if sloppy. Qs effort was a wow moment, PLD got off the naughty list for Xmas and I still think it was bullshit they ran the goalie. Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates except Coleman, f*** that guy.

I was massively impressed by Q's assertive, almost violent stick lift on Hannipin on the ENG. The catch up was pretty cool, too. Well done, Q.

Exactly. That dude just likes to dump on Juice. There was no way Kempe could have known there was a third Flame player behind him. And there is no way that is a double minor.
Not true. I criticize all players* based on their poor play relative to their skill set and role on the team. Kempe has been wildly inconsistent for the last month. There’s a reason he only has 1 goal over that time span and it’s not because he’s “streaky”. Collecting assists next to Kopi and Byfield is fine but that’s not his game. And his subpar play in particular is one of the reasons the team has struggled at times this month. He’s that important.

His penalty last night was very unlucky but the stick infractions rule has consistently been “a player must be in control of his stick.” Having no awareness of any player behind you as you violently swing it back is irresponsible and undisciplined. Did he slash on purpose? He did not. Was he lacking control and awareness while swinging his stick? Yes he was. Hence the penalty. I think that very easily qualifies as undisciplined. Maybe stupid was a bit harsh so I take that back.

*only player exempt from real criticism is Kopitar. Love that guy. He’s a saint.

Not quite sure so many folks here are saying that Kempe's penalty wasn't worthy of a double-minor. The guy was leaking a fair amount of blood.

Not true. I criticize all players* based on their poor play relative to their skill set and role on the team. Kempe has been wildly inconsistent for the last month. There’s a reason he only has 1 goal over that time span and it’s not because he’s “streaky”. Collecting assists next to Kopi and Byfield is fine but that’s not his game. And his subpar play in particular is one of the reasons the team has struggled at times this month. He’s that important.

His penalty last night was very unlucky but the stick infractions rule has consistently been “a player must be in control of his stick.” Having no awareness of any player behind you as you violently swing it back is irresponsible and undisciplined. Did he slash on purpose? He did not. Was he lacking control and awareness while swinging his stick? Yes he was. Hence the penalty. I think that very easily qualifies as undisciplined. Maybe stupid was a bit harsh so I take that back.

*only player exempt from real criticism is Kopitar. Love that guy. He’s a saint.
You are putting a lot of negativity on a player who is 3rd on the team in points, leads the team in +/- and is second on the team in shots on goal. He and Kopi are the 2 best defensive forwards on the team. Kempe has been the focus of every team's defensive effort against Kopi's line this year. The result has been more open ice for Kopi and Q. Juice is still the most dangerous element on that line and so Kopi and QB filling up the net will result in less pressure applied to containing Kempe. I see 55-11-9 becoming a very balanced line with excellent production. I am not about to quibble about which player eventually ends getting the goal. It only matters that the goals are scored. May I remind you that not too long ago Kopitar went through a stretch when he scored 2 goals in 40 games. But his contribution to the team effort was consistent and undiminished.

Sloppy game. On Xmas eve eve, just take the 2 points and move on.

Need to finish this pacific stretch strong.

I’m happy that the Kings will finally play a team over 500 this week. Beating teams like San Jose and Calgary is great for the 2 points, however the Kings have not beat a team in regulation that is playing over 500 in a long while. The last three teams they played that were over 500, they lost. Vegas is the first test.

Back
Top Bottom