Can We Talk About Lizotte?

D

DyslexicTom

Lurker
I think you would like more size for bottom-6 centers, and I don't know if he has enough offense to be a top-6 forward. Far from the biggest problem on this team, though.

The kindest way to put it is that this team needs Kupari, JAD, Byfield and/or Turcotte to make Lizotte expendable. Kupari seems to be on track with his PK work, but is still missing the consistency. Everyone else has yet to get Todds ear.

I like his effort a ton. But on a championship caliber team, he's not someone who should be getting shifts every game. More of a 13th forward type.

He's a heart and soul player who has the skill to play center in the NHL, just not the size. Eventually, on a Championship caliber team, I see him being an effective bottom 6 winger but he doesn't have the size needed for center (especially during a deep playoff run). I agree with Jammer's comment that until others in the system make him expendable at center, though, we likely won't see a change (nor is one immediately needed).

I wasn't sure Blake Lizotte was an NHL player until last year. As everyone mentioned, he doesn't have the size but he sure is tough to move off the puck. He wins a lot of puck battles and his possession time in the O Zone has to be right up there on the team. I love his tenacity as well. On a championship calibur team he is probably a 4th line center, but I certainly respect his work ethic and effort.

Go Kings!!

i'd like to keep him and have him move to wing. He's effective against certain teams, and i love everything that he brings, but there's no doubt that he struggles against larger opposition. I think you have to find a way to upgrade the Kings size, and he obviously looks like a prime candidate for that sort of upgrade.

Lizotte is fine. The biggest problems is we have only one NHL caliber goalie, who is merely average, and the bottom defense pair gets caved in even with Todd sheltering them against any kind of difficult minutes.

The kindest way to put it is that this team needs Kupari, JAD, Byfield and/or Turcotte to make Lizotte expendable. Kupari seems to be on track with his PK work, but is still missing the consistency. Everyone else has yet to get Todds ear.

Bingo.

Lizotte is a maximum effort player. Until the guys who have more tools than him can match his effort he's going to keep playing bigger minutes.

I remember in my beer league hockey days how much it meant to have someone light a fire every time they hit the ice. Watching Lizotte from the bench, however bad any Kings player is feeling about their previous shift, they must see Lizotte giving it 100% and think "Look at that guy, I better pull it together". No substitute for that kind of energy. He's a fave. I hope he gets developed to his max potential and is a King for as long as we can keep him.

I remember in my beer league hockey days how much it meant to have someone light a fire every time they hit the ice. Watching Lizotte from the bench, however bad any Kings player is feeling about their previous shift, they must see Lizotte giving it 100% and think "Look at that guy, I better pull it together". No substitute for that kind of energy. He's a fave. I hope he gets developed to his max potential and is a King for as long as we can keep him.

As long as he is used as a 4th line winger I am all for keeping him. He is kinda the team’s talisman - a mini version of Army.

If the Kings are to succeed in playoff hockey, however, Lizzo at 3C has to be a temporary condition.

I actually agree with everything being said here.

Consensus: he'd be more appropriately deployed as fourth line winger in an energy, possession role, but he's not getting moved off the center position until some of the younger players push him out and into a role he's better suited for.

He's kind of interesting marker for where the team as a whole is right now.

I actually agree with everything being said here.

Consensus: he'd be more appropriately deployed as fourth line winger in an energy, possession role, but he's not getting moved off the center position until some of the younger players push him out and into a role he's better suited for.

He's kind of interesting marker for where the team as a whole is right now.

Yep. "Not there yet." The Kings' motto as of now.

Lizotte needs to 100% of the time be on the 4th line for thus team to be successful.
I love his hustle, but he is too small and the refs are on to his antics

I don’t know where you put him in the lineup & I don’t know how many minutes you give him. But you put him in the lineup. He’ll make any team he’s on better.

Lizotte cant be more than 4th line and maybe some pk in actual game time, everyone else has to force him to those minutes or they aren't getting out of the first round.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back