Canceling Season Tickets?

MBX5

4th Line Grinder
Does anyone have experience giving up season tickets after the renewal deadline? I renewed and have made an installment payment or two since the renewal. However, I am regretting renewing and am wondering if I could just call my rep and back out? I realize I’d be likely forfeiting what I have paid, but wouldn’t want to be blacklisted in the future.

A tough decision after being a STM for well over a decade, including the glory years, but here we are.

Appreciate any advice.

Reactions: RoS
Yes call your rep they should be able to help you out and even maybe get you a refund?

Depending on how much u have already paid, if no refund, maybe u can switch to cheaper seats, maybe the die hard seats.

Depending on how much u have already paid, if no refund, maybe u can switch to cheaper seats, maybe the die hard seats.
I was trying to avoid any editorial comment and just stuck to the facts when I started this thread, but the issue really isn’t the cost of the seats (although they’re not cheap), but rather as a matter of principle, I’m having difficulty stomaching spending any money on this team in it’s current iteration and feel the only way that things will change is if I vote with my pocketbook.

I was trying to avoid any editorial comment and just stuck to the facts when I started this thread, but the issue really isn’t the cost of the seats (although they’re not cheap), but rather as a matter of principle, I’m having difficulty stomaching spending any money on this team in it’s current iteration and feel the only way that things will change is if I vote with my pocketbook.
I hear u. I had a similar decision when they brought bergevin in. I understand that I will never know the truth about who didn't do what in Chicago wrt beach, but everything I read in the media is that their org and mgmt failed the kid. The hawks org still has issues in that regard, sexual harassment charges by another employee. In thus case, Moog and I had many discussions about the commitment to winning vs making money. I don't begrudgingly the team making money after all it's a business. But you also have a choice and it sounds like u are making the right one from my perspective.

Just lie and say you're going to have unforeseen financial issues. The most they might be able to do is credit the money you have paid (but no refund).

I highly doubt they'll blacklist you because at the end of the day... they want your money.

hear hear this is the way

hear hear this is the way
Sadly you are absolutely right. In many instances it seems, these days the consumer majority's voice simply falls on the deaf ears of the minority, leaving the withdrawal of hard-earned money as not only the last, but, critically, the only effective means of being listened to. Sadly, money is increasingly becoming the only language the upper echelons of an organization, understand, speak, hear and, should a significant enough amount of it be in jeopardy, listen to and, ultimately, act upon.

In this instance though, it is doubly sad, because this represents absolutely no diminution whatsoever, in fact the exact opposite, of the subscriber's devotion and commitment to the team itself.

I won't spend another nickel on this team until Flake and Luc are shown the door.

I applaud you for your actions.

Good for you.

I only went to a handful of games last year...all home games except for one game in Vegas...and the Kings lost every game except for the finale against Chicago.

On average, over the years I seem to attend approximately half a dozen games a season, plus a playoff game or two.

My issue is with Blake and Luc and their accountability (or lack thereof) and I'm reluctant to spend any more money on this team until there's a change in management.

Right or wrong, I believe those two have had enough time to put together a competitive team, and Blake's decision making has been a real head scratcher.

I have absolutely no problem with Hiller having the interim label removed. I actually like the guy.

But before I invest any more money in this team, I want to see those two hit the bricks. I just think it's a time for a change in management and philosophy.

I think it would be absolutely fair and appropriate to let them know exactly why you are cancelling. Fans should not be forced to maintain ticket ownership in a product that does not meet expectations, even if a payment has been made. As you said, vote with your pocketbook. I certainly don't see myself going to another 30 games next season.

I can get in free but only went to a few games this year because I literally feel I am risking my life on the Metro these days. I hope they clean it up so I can go to games this coming season.
I kept looking for you down by the photo areas near the glass...think I only saw you once from afar.

Back