LA Galaxy Night

Previous Meeting
01/20/22 - Avalanche 4, Kings 1

2021-22-Game-62-Avalanche-Home-Team-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G62P9.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Todd MacLellan, Jonathan Quick (video) & Rasmus Kupari (video) 3/13/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Quick’s Post Game Comments
https://twitter.com/i/status/1503239245028368384

Link to Kupari’s Post Game Comments
[B]Link toQuick’s Post Game Comments[/B] [url]https://twitter.com/i/status/1503239245028368384[/url]

Todd McLellan
On a huge win tonight

Very big win, for a lot of reasons. Obviously the points, but maybe more importantly, the belief system, that was something that was in question, I think, heading into the game with the number of bodies we have missing. In San Jose, I don’t think we overcame it at all, I don’t think we were prepared for it yet. We regrouped and we responded well tonight.
On the players coming in finding a way to contribute
They bought into the organization. We’re one big team, I think, finally. The Reign, the Kings, we all play the game the same way, so when they come in, it’s kind of seamless. They understand the language and a lot of them have been here. They’ve gone back and polished their games up, including JAD and Lias, but when Ras came back today, I thought he looked a lot more like he did at the beginning of the season than he did at the 30-game mark, and that’s what the American League is for. I thought Gabe did a tremendous job, he learned a new position, moved to the wing, suited real good for there, board battles, stick battles, that type of stuff. The D, the rest of them have been here for a little while, but Strander came in and he did what he was called upon to do. The organization, as a whole, is one big team. It pays off when they all play the same way.
On the kids line with Byfield, Kupari and Vilardi
Yeah, there was some pace on that line through the middle and with Ras on the wing and, as I mentioned, Gabe did some corner work. They were desperate, they wanted to prove that the staff made mistakes by not keeping them, and that’s what players have to do. If they keep proving us wrong, that’s a great thing, we want to be wrong….and Frker, we haven’t talked about Marty. We brought him up to shoot the puck and he shot the puck. He played fourth-line minutes and he shot the puck, so good for him.
On Jonathan Quick playing in 700 regular-season games
It’s remarkable, really. Quickie has played a hard 700, those 700 don’t include all of those runs in the playoffs and all of that other stuff. The milestones for players, they should include all of those other games, because what’s Quick at then, 775, almost to 800? Commitment, health, he hasn’t been totally healthy for his whole career, but his commitment to his craft and his competitiveness. For as stubborn as he is, it’s what makes him a really good goaltender. The guys were so happy for him tonight.
On the attitude on the bench in the third period
For as good of an offensive team as they are, they really checked in the third, which is the sign of a really good team, which obviously they are. They made it hard to get through the neutral zone, but we stuck with it. Not every shift was an offensive shift, but we thought we were getting the odd chance. Kind of like Boston, where we had to use every minute we were given and we couldn’t waste any. It worked again for us.

G62P1.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G62KF.png

G62KD2.png

G52KG.png

Kings Injuries

Viktor Arvidsson (IR)
MIkey Anderson (IR)
Andreas Athanasiou (IR)
Tobias Bjornfot (DtD)
Dustin Brown (IR)
Drew Doughty (IR)
Alexander Edler (LTIR)
Brendan Lemieux (IR)
Matt Roy
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Avalanche Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G62AF.png

G62AD2.png

G62AG.png

G62AI.png

Former Kings

Darcy Kuemper
8475311.jpg

Jack Johnson
8471677.jpg

Kuris MacDermid
8477073.jpg

G62P2.png

GOALIE STATS

G62GSK.png

G62GSA.png

G62P5.png

PLAYER STATS

G62PSK.png
G62PSA.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G62-Standings.png

G62P7.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

How many total points will be scored in tonight’s game by players who have played at least 1 game for the Reign this season?

You can take 3 guesses.

FYI…Durzi started the season with the Reign, in case you forgot.

Previous Game’s Winners

Sorry that 2-game question didn’t work out the way I had planned - was hoping to shake up the win standings a bit, not injure all the Kings. Congratulations to the following posters who all picked up 1 point by guessing that the following players would be credited with a single point over the previous 2 games:

Byfield (1 point):

randdog
Kurisu

Spence (1 point):
KHenry14

Durzi (1 point):
SirJW

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 45 points:

srm1105

40 Points

Reg or Rog?

36 Points

LeftyKing
VegasHockey

35 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Rusty

34 Points

pray4mojo
Sonnyboy11

33 Points

Kurisu
notbob

32 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRice
Helvetica

31 Points

hokiecat
Liz4LA

30 Points

Bill Hicks
Dr. Tran
hornman

29 Points

Busted Chops
jammer06

28 Points

JayWells24

27 Points

kingrussell

26 Points

KHenry14

25 Points

Nyssa42

24 Points

Byron

23 Points

dannybuoy1
STONE

22 Points

SirJW

21 Points

CIrvine
Shackleford

20 Points

empire

19 Points

Sevenhole

18 Points

TooCool

17 Points

forum gold
Rogie-Vachon

16 Points

Clif
JETS GARAGE

15 Points

14 Points

cokingsfan
randdog

13 Points

Dirtweazle
DRGinLBC
PuckMaster

12 Points

11 Points

Greg33
kopinator

10 Points

beady eye
beedee

9 Points

8 Points

7 Points

MaxwellSmart

6 Points

Joe Laviguer

5 Points

kingsmen93
waynet

4 Points

3 Points

2 Points

Ice24
rinkrat

1 Point

lurker
MBreeden
RoS
Salami
Stormy2213

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G64P8.png

Photos courtesy of NHL.com/Getty Images​

Last edited:
1, 2, 3

Still feeling that Florida win. Takes the edge off tonight. That said, it can happen!

Spence as our #2 D...

Where's that Samuel L Jackson "hang on to your butts" gif...

Which Kings team shows up tonight? The team that beat the Panthers or the team that lost to Sharks, twice?

0, 1 or 6

Last edited:
0, 2, 3.

Thanks Nyssa! I could use some extra mojo today everybody, wife is having surgery this morning. It?s routine but still stressful. Hope to watch the game tonight but will probably miss it.

Go Kings!

Thank you, Susan et al!

I feel badly for AI. Since his return from COVID, he has been a ghost - more of a liability than an asset. I don't understand the top line minutes being handed to him when it's obvious Iafallo is not the same player. I sure hope he eventually gets his game back, but the guy is no longer a $4 million, top 6 player. Looking forward to seeing the line combos today after the morning skate. Hope McLellan makes some adjustments. But 13-55-89 should remain unchanged.

GKG!!!

Winnable game imo.

No delusions that the Avs are a juggernaut but they are susceptible to being leaky?let?s take advantage of LA nightlife and really not much to play for if you are the Avs coupled with a bunch of young Kings looking to stick in the NHL.

Bring the effort and same focus from Sunday night and they can pull this off tbh.

Back