Copley injured

VCRW

Classic player
I heard Dennis Bernstein and Steve Kouleas discussing Copley being assisted from the ice today at TSC.

Guess that means Rittich will get the call.

Damn… these recent injuries have changed the whole outlook on the season in less than a week.

1702676246783.jpeg

It's mid-December and now the Kings are feeling the pain of the slump and sudden injury bug after the Islanders game. I hope they don't collapse and miss the playoffs the way the Habs did during the 2015-16 season.

It's mid-December and now the Kings are feeling the pain of the slump and sudden injury bug after the Islanders game. I hope they don't collapse and miss the playoffs the way the Habs did during the 2015-16 season.
If this TEAM misses the playoffs because of a few mid season injuries, to middle of the lineup players, then they have ZERO business being in the playoffs in the first place.

I feel bad for Pheonix. Not what he needs for his career. Not worried for the Kings.

Gavi out konger means Bjornfot gets to prove he’s an NHL’r or not.

Beginning to think the Kings were overachieving and the now the real Kings are bacl. PLD has been a bad failure so far. If this the best he is going to do Kings will be in big trouble.

Beginning to think the Kings were overachieving and the now the real Kings are bacl. PLD has been a bad failure so far. If this the best he is going to do Kings will be in big trouble.
The Gavrikov injury hurts but hopefully he will be back in time for the playoffs. Thankfully the Kings have a lot of depth and will be just fine. PLD is definitely underachieving so far this season, but he isn't a failure. If he wasn't on the team I doubt Kopi and Danault's line would be doing as good as both have been offensively. Hopefully he turns it up as the season progresses.

Given the Kings anemic offense as of late, it's time to send Laf down and give someone else a chance (likely Fagemo). Would also be great to see Clarke get a few NHL games in and see how he fares. Both Clarke and Fagemo have shown already this season that they are too good for the AHL.

Fagemo would be the right call up right now IMO and this is probably Bjornfoots last shot with the kings

Now we wait to see if Gavrikov joins Arvy and Copley on LTIR…🙁
It’s probably a tweener, since they can put someone on LTIR ‘retroactively’ I believe. So they just wait it out and see if he’ll miss close to 10 games, and if so, retroactively assign him to LTIR.. right?

I have faith in Rittich. He has a plethora of NHL experience. He was signed in the summer for this very reason. 3 NHL quality goalies is never a bad thing to have in your arsenal.

It’s probably a tweener, since they can put someone on LTIR ‘retroactively’ I believe. So they just wait it out and see if he’ll miss close to 10 games, and if so, retroactively assign him to LTIR.. right?
I don't think that has much utlity to retro the LTIR unless for some reason the outlook becomes much longer. I do believe it can be done retroactively though. Right now the kings are still operating over the cap anyway so it's not like theyve had a chance to bank any space for the deadline or the end of the year.

I don't think that has much utlity to retro the LTIR unless for some reason the outlook becomes much longer. I do believe it can be done retroactively though. Right now the kings are still operating over the cap anyway so it's not like theyve had a chance to bank any space for the deadline or the end of the year.
The utility would be if they were unsure whether he’s going to be out eight games or 12 games. If it becomes apparent that he’s not ready to go after already missing close to 8 or 9 games, then they retroactively put him on LTR, if he’s not going to return until after missing 11 to 14 games -anyways-, and thus they get to bank that cap space just in case… IF they can do the retroactive thing, which I believe they can.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back