Cutting the cord - Best online subscription to watch Kings?

K

KingzLA

Lurker
Hey gang,

I'm paying WAY too much for all my Spectrum channels ($400+/mo) and want to just get Spectrum Internet and subscribe to the best Kings network.

In my initial research, Balleys is only offered with Fubo and I think another platform.

I live in LA and am worried about blackouts and games covered on other sports networks. Do any of you know the best avenue to watch the Kings with subscription-based streaming?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Andrew K

I recently signed up for Fubo. Loving it so far. About $89 a month , but no TNT (ignore the price in the graphic below, there is a deal that includes NHL network if you pay quarterly)

the other streaming Provider is Direct-TV Stream

1695325585681.png

Here is a really good tool for picking providers

I recently signed up for Fubo. Loving it so far. About $89 a month , but no TNT (ignore the price in the graphic below, there is a deal that includes NHL network if you pay quarterly)

View attachment 6248

Looking at Fubo as well. May be a good time to sign up for the free trial.

I'm also a Spectrum customer and we pay way too much.

View attachment 6248

Starting next month, (HBO) Max is adding TNT basketball and hockey games. It will be included in the Max price until next February or so and then about $10/month thereafter.

I dropped Spectrum and went with Fubo and ESPN+. (ESPN+ is $100 is you pay annually.) Will add Max when the hockey season starts. Fubo lacks the Spectrum Sports channels, all the Turner channels, CNN, KTLA and PBS, but pretty much has everything else and a lot of extra sports channels. Max has added or will be adding a new CNN streaming service, which includes some but not all of the CNN cable network's shows.

Fubo shows the NHL network and MLB network as being on its second tier, but if you agree to pay quarterly, they are included in the bottom tier as is Bally's.

Starting next month, (HBO) Max is adding TNT basketball and hockey games. It will be included in the Max price until next February or so and then about $10/month thereafter.

I dropped Spectrum and went with Fubo and ESPN+. (ESPN+ is $100 is you pay annually.) Will add Max when the hockey season starts. Fubo lacks the Spectrum Sports channels, all the Turner channels, CNN, KTLA and PBS, but pretty much has everything else and a lot of extra sports channels. Max has added or will be adding a new CNN streaming service, which includes some but not all of the CNN cable network's shows.

Fubo shows the NHL network and MLB network as being on its second tier, but if you agree to pay quarterly, they are included in the bottom tier as is Bally's.
I defer to the expert here!

Thank you for all the information bro!

View attachment 6248

Wow... I never realized how limited all the streaming services are compared to spectrum cable. Half the channels I watch regularly aren't carried by any of them. Probably why the price is much lower. I'd love to cut, but not at the expense of what I like to watch.

Wow... I never realized how limited all the streaming services are compared to spectrum cable. Half the channels I watch regularly aren't carried by any of them. Probably why the price is much lower. I'd love to cut, but not at the expense of what I like to watch.
that's really the key. Getting what YOU want.
There is give and take.
I went w/o a paid streaming service for the summer and just watched the free ones so everything is gravy to me right now

I learned a trick from a technician from an internet company when switching to another provider the other day. After your year of service is up and they raise the price, drop them and then have your spouse, significant other or roommate sign up as a "new subscriber" to get the new subscriber rate. After a year, do it all over again, back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned from a technician from an internet company, after your year of service is up and they raise the price, drop them and then have your spouse, significant other or roommate sign up as a "new subscriber" to get the new subscriber rate. After a year, do it all over again, back to you.

I don't have cable but for internet they always have the "annual discount" bullshit, I just call a week before and ask for the new promotion to be applied so the price stays the same - it's worked about 6 years in a row - I just mark it on my calendar as you can see when the "promotions" expire. All nonsense.

Otherwise yes, Johnny Depp all the way.

If they had something simple, $20/mo all games no blackouts and playoffs, I'd have no problem. I paid for ESPN+ last year and then no playoffs and I'm Johnny Depp'ing anyways, so yeah.

that's really the key. Getting what YOU want.
There is give and take.
I went w/o a paid streaming service for the summer and just watched the free ones so everything is gravy to me right now
True. I think half my family would be good with free tv off the antenna. It works great and has a lot of channels.... including every tiny little local channel. But no Dodgers or ESPN or cable News. No Dodgers would be an absolute killer for all my family.

Wow... Thanks, guys!!

There's a lot to digest. A special thanks to Kingsjohn and HeadInjury for the detailed breakdown.

Obviously, I need to ok this with my wife 😀 ... but this helps a whole lot. I'll pst any findings or surprises if/when they arise.

Cheers!

Wow... Thanks, guys!!

There's a lot to digest. A special thanks to Kingsjohn and HeadInjury for the detailed breakdown.

Obviously, I need to ok this with my wife 😀 ... but this helps a whole lot. I'll pst any findings or surprises if/when they arise.

Cheers!

It really is too confusing just to watch.

The cheapest way is to get the Ballys + app. $20 a month.
Will the Bally's +$20 work with Apple TV... or is that only for computer streaming? Or do you mean the Bally's + Fubu etc? Yeah... I think you mean the latter. NM

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the Bally's +$20 work with Apple TV... or is that only for computer streaming? Or do you men the Bally's + Fubu etc? Yeah... i think you mean the latter. NM
He means streaming directly thru Ballys. You download an app like you did with apple tv on your roku or fire stick or smart tv

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back