2024-G63-giveaway.png

Previous Meeting

01/16/24 -- Kings 1, Stars 5

2024-G63-Team-Stats.png

*Game Time 7:30PM*

MEDIA.jpg

TV: KCAL Ch9
Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

2024-G63-Pic4.png

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here
Moverare (video), Lizotte, & Hiller 3/7 Post-Game Quotes:

Blake Lizotte
On showing resilience in coming back to win tonight’s game

It shows perseverance. We don’t want to be in a hole like that, I think Talbs kept that game close for us, you owe him a lot for tonight. Yeah, probably the resilience of our group, guys stepping up, Mo scoring a big goal, getting his first in the NHL, was pretty cool. I think I may have said this to one of you guys a few days ago, but I feel like our group now versus maybe when we were on the bit of a slide there, when we get scored on it, it’s a hey, let’s get going, get right back in this thing, versus kind of a mope around. I think tonight was a perfect example of that.
On if he feels like maybe the Kings would have lost this game a month ago
Yeah, I think the attitude has changed quite a bit in our room and I think that shows. Tonight, it was evident that it’s in this room.
On Hiller playing him more minutes
Yeah, for sure. Right away, Jimmy has a feel of the game and felt I had jump, which I did, I felt good tonight and he kept putting me out there, so I love when that happens for myself, but more importantly guys who maybe aren’t getting the normal time they get are right there cheering you on. I think this group is special.
On playing in his 300th career NHL game
Growing up as a kid, I just wanted to play a game in the league, but looking back on 300 games, it’s pretty lucky to be where I’m at. I’ve worked very hard to be here, so I’m pretty proud of the fact that I’ve been able to reach that mark. But, you know, I’m looking for the Stanley Cup and not exactly how many games I’ll play in this league, but I’m here to win. So, that’s kind of number one on the mind and that’s kind of a secondary accomplishment, if you will.

Jim Hiller
On his takeaways from tonight’s win

I think we needed Talbs for the first 40 minutes, that was really important. We didn’t play well. He kept us in it. Not just the obvious, with that incredible save made, there was five or six before that. He gave us a chance to get our legs underneath us or get refocused and I thought we played really well in the third. Of course, we liked the result.
On what he felt the team did differently in the third period to secure the win
The first 2 periods, we were playing slow. We were passing it D-to-D and they did a good job, they were above us. Third period, I think it was just a little bit simpler and it was always a balance between playing a really simple game and having enough skill to make plays when they’re available. We just went straight to work in third. Pucks went in, we won puck battles, we saw some guys really control the puck under the goal line and scored a couple of goals.
On his happiness in seeing Jacob Moverare score his first career NHL goal
We all were, he’s a really unique character. He’s got a wonderful personality, the guys really take a liking to him and he’s not known to score goals. So, he signs a contract, he scores a goal, that’s a pretty good day for somebody who’s really, really spent some time at his game in the minors, not give up, stay with the organization. Everybody was probably as excited for that goal as any other goal we’ve scored this year.
On elevating Blake Lizotte into more minutes tonight
I thought he had really good legs early, that was something that I thought I noticed early, he was really going and we weren’t as a team going that well, so I thought I’d get him out there with Kopi and get him a little more ice time. He did a good job with that line and he just took it from there.
On shortening the bench in the third period to establish rhythm
It wasn’t anything that Arty was doing. We were having a hard time as a team just getting our legs under us and getting some rhythm, and Turcotte didn’t play much in the third period either, I don’t know if he even got a shift to be honest with you. So, we got down to our nine guys and if you noticed, Ottawa tonight, they played their top two lines a lot, probably more than we’ve seen other teams do. So, we’ll try to mix and match a little bit and try to shut those lines down and it’s hard to do. So in the end, somebody’s a casualty there and it happened to be Arthur and Turc tonight.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change

2024-G63-KF.png

2024-G60-KD.png

2024-G58-KGI.png

================

STARS PROBABLE LINEUP

2024-G63-SF.png

2024-G63-SD.png

2024-G63-SGI.png

NO Former Kings

=================

GOALIE COMPARISON

Stars
2024-G63-Stars-Goalies.png
Kings
2024-G63-Kings-Goalies.png

2024-G63-Pic3.png

Players to Watch
Last 5 games
2024-G63-Players-To-Watch.png

WILD CARD STANDINGS

2024-G63-Wild-Card.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

*Today’s Poll Question*

Pt 1- How many TOTAL POINTS will be scored by all players who were born in the USA?

(Harley, Pavelski, Robertson, Smith, Suter, Oettinger
Laferriere, Lewis, Lizotte, Moore, Turcotte, Roy)
you can take 2 guesses for part 1

Pt 2 - In which period will the GAME WINNING GOAL be scored?
ONE GUESS ONLY (1,2,3,OT,SO)

Take your best guesses in your post below.

The only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 3 points for the class of 2020
and/or were within +/-2 mins of 6:27 of PK time in the game:

3 for 2020 (1 point):

AngelEyes
puckoff
jammer06
SirJW
KernCoKingFan
mugs
dannnybuoy1
Rusty
katydid213
Cross Traffic