***Detroit Red Wings vs. LA Kings GDT 1/4/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Kings gave a solid 30 minute effort last night. I think they’re trending in the right direction.

It was interesting to see Todd shorten his bench in the 3rd. Rolling 3 lines worked out but this team was at their best when all 4 lines were contributing.

Kings gave a solid 30 minute effort last night. I think they’re trending in the right direction.

It was interesting to see Todd shorten his bench in the 3rd. Rolling 3 lines worked out but this team was at their best when all 4 lines were contributing.

Not quite the 60 that was predicted - someone keeps mentioning the team is sick.. may very well be. It's like the Islanders game killed us somehow and we've not recovered since. Even before that though it was the 4 goals a game thing and I feel that they thought they could play 20, score 4 goals, and just #1 defense the rest of the game and win, except now the goals are coming harder and teams are adjusting.. the 20-30min definitely won't get us too far. I think line changes were needed so we'll see what else Toddfather cooks up, but these highly paid pro's need to be hustling more than 20-30 a game. We looked terrible in the OT and I can't believe we made it to the SO, which we look worse in usually.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Kempe would score the first goal and/or timed it within +/- 2:30 of 1:50 of the first:

Kempe First goal (1 point):
Rog or Reg?
DRice
DRGinLBC
AngelEyes
VegasHockey
beady eye
Drum4Pigs
Guinevere
Clif
Cross Traffic
randdog
KernCoKingFan
katydid213
mugs
Rusty
VCRW
pray4mojo
empire
forum gold
SirJW
JETS GARAGE
dannybuoy1
sonnyboy11
Madness20721
Liz4LA
Rogie-Vachon
Jerram
fake_it_make_it
Chateau Bow Wow
puckoff
hornman
notbob
Shackleford
TooCool
Dr. Tran

1:20-2:20 (3 Points):
fake_it_make_it

0:50-2:50 (2 Points):
Rog or Reg?
AngelEyes
beady eye
Guinevere
VCRW
SirJW

0:00 to 4:20 (1 point):
Nyssa42
DRGinLBC
VegasHockey
Cross Traffic
forum gold
Rogie-Vachon
Jerram
rinkrat
notbob

Special congratulations to @fake_it_make_it for being the only poster to get all 4 available points on this poll, well done!

Well what can you say about that one other than insert the "at first I was like, but then I was like" meme here. The volatility that seems to be in the kings game is definitely unusual considering how long we've heard the "even keel" talk. Kempe getting hot is great, PLD benefiting also good, but they need to sort out getting points again. 12 points are available on this trip and honestly looking at it i don't know where they find 6 points, let alone the 8-9 that would be 0.700 hockey that is the top of the league. Gird the loins folks big boy hockey is starting up.

*Edit fixed the range for the 1 pointers
Dammit! Missed the three-pointer by two second (2:22)!

Three years ago, the year before I was banned, I was at or near King of the Hill status....then Disney wanted us to work 12-hour graveyard shifts and I was unable to play or even freaking watch live Kings games...

...as for watching live Kings games...I gotta stop going to games. I'm jinxing us! I was offered a free lower bowl seat just before game time. Got to the arena ten minutes late, missed both Kings goals in the 1st, and as soon as I sat down, we started sucking. So all this is officially my fault. I'm now 0-3-2 on the year, 0-2-2 at home and 0-1-0 on the road. But I still cannot believe it! I haven't witnessed ONE Kings victory this season....in five tries! As soon as my butt hit the seat, we sucked. And we were up 2-0 while I was buying my first beer.

As for Coach Todd and his lineups in OT...I wonder if he's familiar with this phrase?:

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. '

Man, this hangover is brutal. The Kings are killing me...

...I'm not a big stats guy, but this is hard to ignore:

2023-2024 Stats:

PLD - Games played 35; Goals 7; Assists 9; Plus/Minus -5
Gabe - Games played 19; Goals 8; Assists 8; Plus/Minus +13

I am not a highly reactionary individual...and I have, or did have patience...but this trade is looking worse all the time. I know I sound like a broken record, but the morning I woke up and saw the trade in the news, I thought it was a typo. Huge contract aside, this seems like a move a GM makes if he is tanking for a top draft pick.

It's early still, but this may eventually go down as the Worst Trade in Kings History.

2023-2024 Stats:

I am not a highly reactionary individual...and I have, or did have patience...but this trade is looking worse all the time. I know I sound like a broken record, but the morning I woke up and saw the trade in the news, I thought it was a typo. Huge contract aside, this seems like a move a GM makes if he is tanking for a top draft pick.

It's early still, but this may eventually go down as the Worst Trade in Kings History.

That's my take as well, but everyone will tell you that on paper PLD is going to win us 2 cups this year. But I don't wanna sound like a broken record with PLD.

In other news. What is the meaning of this ad I keep getting on LGK? Big ol boobies, a Yurt, some mask mimicking the face I make after most Kings home games, and a metal baseball cup. Random.

2024-01-05 11_54_51-GDT - ___Detroit Red Wings vs. LA Kings GDT 1_4_24 7_30pm on BSW___ _ Page...png

Oh wanted to mention Kaliyev was excellent last night. If he keeps playing with that effort and attention to detail he will score a lot of goals and become an essential part of this team.

The kid has it in him he just needs to put it all together on a regular basis.

2023-2024 Stats:

Gabe has been playing first line minutes since Conner was injured as well as playing on PP1. He is playing with Scheifele and Ehlers. Before last night, PLD was playing with a total rookie and a guy with limited skating and puck handling skills. Not excusing PLD's lack of impact so far, but the comparison is apples and oranges.

4 weeks ago, the Kings were fighting for 1st place even though they played 6 games less games than the 1st place team. Today as they look over their shoulders, Seattle and Edmonton is closing the gap and ready to jump the Kings. One month of Yuletide pleasure, Eggnog and spirits have dampened the Kings spirt. After this brutal road trip will the Kings still be in the running for the playoffs. We will see, nonetheless, I will watch until they end the season.

Gabe has been playing first line minutes since Conner was injured as well as playing on PP1. He is playing with Scheifele and Ehlers. Before last night, PLD was playing with a total rookie and a guy with limited skating and puck handling skills. Not excusing PLD's lack of impact so far, but the comparison is apples and oranges.
Yeah, I get what you're saying...but with all due respect, an elite player...or should I say a 'very very expensive player' with high expectations...should be able to elevate the players around him, and not the other way around.

Yeah, I get what you're saying...but with all due respect, an elite player...or should I say a 'very very expensive player' with high expectations...should be able to elevate the players around him, and not the other way around.
Didn't we used to say that about Kopi back when it was so hard to find wingers to play with him?😁

Just watched this game on PVR. Maybe it was the new line combos working themselves out, but this team looks out of sync. Passing when they should be shooting, shooting when they should be passing. This road trip might be just what they need. They’re blowing these games in hand

I honestly can’t understand why Byfield isn’t playing during the OTs??? His speed would do some serious damage!!

What we don't see is what happens in practice. Assuming the Kings do practice 3-on-3, perhaps he is ineffective? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom