***Detroit Red Wings vs. LA Kings GDT 1/4/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Just another loss. It’s happening so much lately. The Kings can’t beat decent teams.

Feels like this game was the least effective Trevor Moore has been all season. He seems to disappear on that line with Kopitar and Byfield
And Byfield misses Kempe. The PLD line tonight was like the Kopi line most of the season. Starting to really see how this team wasn’t that deep - just had a lot of nights with a hot top 6. Missing at least one forward for a proper top 9.

Well at least I didn't have to watch us lose the shootout. My Bally's app restarted the main broadcast as it was starting.

We can have a whole thread on OT line ups. It hasn’t changed in years and hasn’t worked. I’m tired of the same lines from fives years ago that don’t perform that somehow “earn” their experience.

Let’s be honest though, Kopitar is probably missing Kempe even more. Dude is still skating with that piano on his back. Hopefully he’s dealing with the Covid/flu fatigue thing everybody been fighting the last couple months.

Feels like this game was the least effective Trevor Moore has been all season. He seems to disappear on that line with Kopitar and Byfield
Agree. Moore is a dart in and out kind of skater. Kopi and QB are fluid & power skaters.
Arthur on that line is worth a look if he can play consistently like he did tonight.

If you’re trying to get PLD involved put him out on the OT line for the first line and shield Kopi from his inability in that situation. I’m sick and tired of the same lineup on the OT lineup

And Byfield misses Kempe. The PLD line tonight was like the Kopi line most of the season. Starting to really see how this team wasn’t that deep - just had a lot of nights with a hot top 6. Missing at least one forward for a proper top 9.
I am really hoping the Mayor is correct in his mid-February prediction for Arvy's return to the team.

Sheesh, this is so disappointing. The Jekyl and Hyde character of this team is infuriating

A lot being made of PLD not earning his $ but man, I have never seen a player with the high-end skill and low-end hockey iq of Kevin Fiala. No one turns over the puck in high danger situations like this guy. That should’ve ended OT.

I’m not losing sleep over losing in a shootout and who should be out there. Only focus should be winning in OT

A lot being made of PLD not earning his $ but man, I have never seen a player with the high-end skill and low-end hockey iq of Kevin Fiala. No one turns over the puck in high danger situations like this guy. That should’ve ended OT.
I'd be willing to trade Fiala...I mean...as gifted as he is...he also makes dumb decisions with the puck (call them "Durzis") and he is easily drawn into dumb penalties.

Kopi starts OT for one reason. To win the draw. He then should leave the ice. The camera was on him before the faceoff and he looked like he was spent. Win the draw skate off and bring out Kempe or Byfield.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Kempe would score the first goal and/or timed it within +/- 2:30 of 1:50 of the first:

Kempe First goal (1 point):
Rog or Reg?
DRice
DRGinLBC
AngelEyes
VegasHockey
beady eye
Drum4Pigs
Guinevere
Clif
Cross Traffic
randdog
KernCoKingFan
katydid213
mugs
Rusty
VCRW
pray4mojo
empire
forum gold
SirJW
JETS GARAGE
dannybuoy1
sonnyboy11
Madness20721
Liz4LA
Rogie-Vachon
Jerram
fake_it_make_it
Chateau Bow Wow
puckoff
hornman
notbob
Shackleford
TooCool
Dr. Tran

1:20-2:20 (3 Points):
fake_it_make_it

0:50-2:50 (2 Points):
Rog or Reg?
AngelEyes
beady eye
Guinevere
VCRW
SirJW

0:00 to 4:20 (1 point):
Nyssa42
DRGinLBC
VegasHockey
Cross Traffic
forum gold
Rogie-Vachon
Jerram
rinkrat
notbob

Special congratulations to @fake_it_make_it for being the only poster to get all 4 available points on this poll, well done!

Well what can you say about that one other than insert the "at first I was like, but then I was like" meme here. The volatility that seems to be in the kings game is definitely unusual considering how long we've heard the "even keel" talk. Kempe getting hot is great, PLD benefiting also good, but they need to sort out getting points again. 12 points are available on this trip and honestly looking at it i don't know where they find 6 points, let alone the 8-9 that would be 0.700 hockey that is the top of the league. Gird the loins folks big boy hockey is starting up.

*Edit fixed the range for the 1 pointers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom