HOCKEY FIGHTS CANCER NIGHT &
REVERSE RETRO JERSEYS!!!!

Previous Meeting

10/17/22 - Red Wings 4, Kings 5 (OT)

**Game Time 7:30pm Pacific**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G17-P4-faceoff.jpg

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Kevin Fiala, Phillip Danault & Todd McLellan 11/10 Post Game Quotes

Kevin Fiala
 on getting the win tonight over Chicago
Yeah, it was a really tight game from both teams, both goaltenders played unbelievable. That was kind of like a playoff game and it’s nice that we’ve won.
Fiala
 on the Kings tightening things up defensively
For sure, that was our goal over the last couple of weeks. We started our season with a lot of goals for and against and we’re just trying to eliminate those Grade-A chances for the other team. I feel like over the last few games here we’ve done a good job.
Fiala
 on the team’s 5-on-5 control tonight, and improvements overall as of late
Yes, I feel like that too, I feel like we controlled the game. We’re just playing 60 minutes over the last few games and it’s very nice to see. We just have to keep it up.

Phil Danault
 on if he knew how much time was left when he fed Fiala
I didn’t know [exactly how much time was left], but I knew when I went on there were 59 seconds left and it was a long shift, it felt like three minutes, two faceoffs there too. I didn’t know, but a great ending.
Danault
 on playing more to the identity of the team at 5-on-5
Yeah, I think we’re respecting our system way more than we were at the beginning of the year. This is more of Kings hockey right now. We’re playing good defensively, which creates some frustration for the other team and we’re creating chances on our side. That’s Kings hockey right now.
Danault
 on beating a strong goaltending performance against
Yes, but it’s also a challenge. We were playing better and they were fresh, they only had one game in 4-5 days, so it was a big two points for us, huge. Their goalie was really good today but so was Quickie, so I think it was an outstanding job all around.

Todd McLellan
 on his assessment of tonight’s game, specifically the team’s play at 5-on-5
It was a tough night. 5-on-5, I thought we were up and down as the night went on but we stuck with it. They played hard, they blocked a lot of shots again, they packed it in around the net, their goaltender made some good saves. It was a well and hard fought two points for our team. The other side of that question is probably power play and penalty kill and we took three o-zone penalties, and that was in the first half of the game, that took a lot of players out of the rhythm of the game on a night that was hard to play in, because of the way they checked. So, that part of it threw the rhythm off a little bit, but at the end of the night, we put two points in the bank. It probably wasn’t our best game, but sometimes you have to win that way, that’s part of evolving as a team. When you’re in the mud and it’s not smooth, it’s a chip here and dump out there, it might not be the way you want to play, but sometimes that’s what you have to do and find a way to win at the end and we did that.
McLellan
 on if he felt there were similarities between tonight’s game and the game in Chicago
There are a lot of similarities. The way the game evolved, I think after the second period, we’d only given up six or seven shots on goal at even strength, the other 10 came from their power play. We didn’t have to kill as many penalties in Chicago as we did here and obviously with the quality of some of their players on that powerplay they can make you pay, so that was the major difference in the game. The way it rolled out, the overtime the score, a lot of similarities.
McLellan
 on the overtime game-winning goal
They entered the zone and what was good about the entry is that Phil’s a left-handed shot and he could pull the puck back across his body and kind of cross and protect it as it went. He had another lefty with him, so the side of the ice that we came in on was valuable to us. We could go lateral, he made a real good play and still had a lefty over on the outside for the rebound. I think that’s game management, that’s awareness and they also knew the time on the clock, so there was no fooling around. As soon as the puck went out to Kevin he knew he had to shoot it and he made it count. That’s how I saw that play evolve, a lot of it had to do with hands and the side of the ice that we entered on.
McLellan
 on the continued struggles of the power play
We’re still working on things. We’re a little disjointed, the timing and rhythm are off. For me, power plays are about rhythm and we don’t have a lot of rhythm in ours right now. One’s going east, the other is going west, we’re just not sure or predictable of what might happen next. We can fix it and we will.
McLellan
 on Adrian Kempe’s goals drying up as of late, but the chances he created
I think that he had numerous opportunities to score, I think he had two or three pieces of metal tonight and that’s going to happen. When you’re Adrian and you’re counted on, there are some expectations on you to score and finish and when it’s not quite going well for you, you have to be able to put that aside and play all the other parts of the game. I sense a little frustration in him and when he gets frustrated, sometimes the other things don’t go as well either, but I think that’s a process of him learning to become a full-time goalscorer. When it doesn’t go well, there are other things you can really do well, and you know he wasn’t he wasn’t a poor player by any means tonight, but there are some things that he can control, when it comes to frustration.

G17P1.jpg

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G15KF.jpg

G15KD.jpg

G1KG.png

Kings Injuries

Alex Iafallo (LTIR)

Red Wings Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G17RWF.jpg

G17RWD.jpg

G17RWG.jpg

G17RWI.jpg

Former Kings

Dominik Kubalik (Draft Pick)
8477330.jpg

Matt Luff (IR)
8479644.jpg

Olli Maatta
8476874.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G17GSK.jpg

G17GSRW.jpg

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G17PSK.jpg
G17PSRW.jpg

G17-Players-To-Watch.jpg

G17P5.jpg

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G17-Standings.jpg

Tonight’s Poll Question:

The Kings are 2nd in the league in goals scored in the 2nd period. (14th in the 1st, 21st in the 3rd) So, tonight you get a 3 part question:
Part 1 - How Many TOTAL GOALS will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in the 1st period?
Part 2 - How Many TOTAL GOALS will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in the 2nd period?
Part 3 - How Many TOTAL GOALS will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in the 3rd period?

You can take only 1 guess per part
1 point for each correct guess (so 3 possible points if you are super-lucky)

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the shot differential of 3 in the previous game or were within +/1 of that number:

Dead on (2 Points):
hornman
VegasHockey
LeftyKing
beedee

+/-1 2,4 (1 point)
Byron
dannybuoy1
srm1105
Rusty
TooCool
PuckMaster
Rogie-Vachon

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 15 points:

LeftyKing

14 Points

hornman
VegasHockey

13 Points

RoS

12 Points

Clif
John a90

11 Points

AngelEyes
DRGinLBC
Liz4LA
Rusty
srm1105

10 Points

beady eye
Bill Hicks
Kurisu

9 Points

8 Points

forum gold
Helvetica

7 Points

JETS GARAGE
randdog
TooCool

6 Points

beedee
Chateau Bow Wow
dannybuoy1
KHenry14
kopinator
SirJW
sonnyboy11

5 Points

CIrvine
Dr. Tran
Drice
pray4mojo
Sevenhole

4 Points

empire

3 Points

Busted Chops
HTK
jammer 06
Nyssa42
Rogie-Vachon
salami
waynet

2 Points

05/29/93
Byron
Dexter
hihocarp
kingsmen93
notbob
PuckMaster
STONE

1 Point

kingrussell
Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G17-P2-Group-Win.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 in the first
1 in the second
0 in the third

Not Melf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO KINGS :Dancing_mad::dancingtomato::dancing_cube::dancing-broccoli::bhump:

Hoping for 6-3 Kings win tonight!

Part I - 3
Part II - 3
Part III - 3

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back