Doughty Makes Top 20 Defenseman list

H

hokiecat

Lurker

NHL Network broadcast the top 20 defenseman last night after doing the top 20 centers earlier this summer. Drew probably could have been a few spots higher than #18 in my opinion. But the pundits probably felt a need to throw some new names in there and rank them higher. I mean, Lindholm formed a great shutdown pair with Carlo but Doughty has formed a great shutdown pair with Muzzin and McNabb and Forbort and now Mikey. Whichever you guy you stick with Drew instantly becomes part of a shutdown pairing.

Still it is good to see Dewey getting some respect...

Saw that. Watched the centers and wingers show too and was mildly not surprised we didn't make either.

NHL Network broadcast the top 20 defenseman last night after doing the top 20 centers earlier this summer. Drew probably could have been a few spots higher than #18 in my opinion. But the pundits probably felt a need to throw some new names in there and rank them higher. I mean, Lindholm formed a great shutdown pair with Carlo but Doughty has formed a great shutdown pair with Muzzin and McNabb and Forbort and now Mikey. Whichever you guy you stick with Drew instantly becomes part of a shutdown pairing.

Still it is good to see Dewey getting some respect...
For a guy who ended up as No. 1 on the "NHL's worst contracts" list a couple of years ago, and deservedly so, you can't complain. 18th sounds about right.

For a guy who ended up as No. 1 on the "NHL's worst contracts" list a couple of years ago, and deservedly so, you can't complain. 18th sounds about right.
SatisfiedGlamorousGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back