Doughty wife files for Divorce

This is really really sad to hear... Hope everyone is ok and that this is amicable, but given that the prenup is going to be challenged, it doesn't sound like it...

My first reaction is about them as human beings and their welfare, but I'd also be lying if I didn't also say that my second thought that followed close behind was, "sh*t, I hope this doesn't affect Drew on the ice"

This is really really sad to hear... Hope everyone is ok and that this is amicable, but given that the prenup is going to be challenged, it doesn't sound like it...

My first reaction is about them as human beings and their welfare, but I'd also be lying if I didn't also say that my second thought that followed close behind was, "sh*t, I hope this doesn't affect Drew on the ice"
Right there with you. Drew said that coming home to see his daughters helped get his mind off hockey in a positive way. I’d imagine this was especially helpful after a loss.

Sad stuff.

I think of Lucas Giolito pitcher for now the Guardians. He announced his divorce in July. Was traded to the Angels from Chicago when the Angels went all in at the deadline. Got rocked in every game he pitched, except one for the Halo's. Put on waivers, Guardians pick him up and gets torn up. He was one of the most sought-after pitchers at the trade deadline. 7-13 on the season. Divorce will screw with your mind especially when kids are involved.

Sounds like a rough breakup given how long they have been together. Hope both the parents and children are doing as well as possible.

Sad to hear this. The kids always pay the most in a divorce. Too bad people cannot make their marriages work.

So sad, and the ones to suffer the most, are those poor little ones.

It seems - that players on-ice performance - drop after getting married. It will be interesting to see how Drew - on the down slide of his career - reacts to this. No wife, no kids. Sad, but there are residual effects.

It sucks for him & his family. I hope they make it amicable for the kid’s sake. Divorce is hard enough on kids, especially young kids. It makes it worse when there’s a lot of fighting involved.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back