Dustin Brown to retire after 2022 Playoffs

Thank you, captain.

dustin-brown-16_9.jpg

What the drugs, this came out of nowhere. I expected him to stay at least another 1-2 years.

Good for him! He's had a great career, and I hope the Kings go deep into the playoffs one last time for him!

Never forget that he was the Captain for both Stanley Cup Championships!!

Absolute legend. Very cool he'll never don another teams' sweater.

Congrats DB23!

Good for him! Way to go out on a high note rather than stick around too long. The championship captain. Hopefully the team can make a deep PO run for Brownie.

And to echo Pickle Pucks above, glad to hear he was a King and only a King.

Hopefully he can go own Getzlaf on the golf course next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad for him but sad at the same time. What a pro's pro. And a great leader.

Captain of the Kings first and 2nd ever Stanley Cup! I am glad he is retiring a King and only played for 1 team. Thank you for the memories Browny and enjoy retirement after with your family!

I am, i'm the one crying, now. =(

Thanks big guy, someone is going to type it but I'll just go first: thanks for accidentally walking in front of a live camera naked on a post-game feed. The cup wins were nice too.
Tripod_0840.jpg

I am, i'm the one crying, now. =(

Thanks big guy, someone is going to type it but I'll just go first: thanks for accidentally walking in front of a live camera naked on a post-game feed. The cup wins were nice too.
Tripod_0840.jpg

We all have warm memories of Dustin in action, yours are just a little different.

Big Thanks and Congrats on a stellar career! Seems like yesterday when CBGB let the cat outta the bag that u would be the Captain of this team, way back when. Was actually thinking you were gonna do a farewell tour next yr.

Looking fwd to seeing #23 in the rafters next yr!

I wish I could find it but I'm sure it's been purged, in the big Trade Brown thread of 2012, I was on record as saying "You can't trade Brown, he will be the first King to lift The Cup. I saw it in a dream." I have not been able to find that thread.
Thanks Dustin!

Brown certainly delivered!!!

So happy for him to start his career as a King, and retire as a King!

Hoping for a decent playoff run and now I really have to get off my ass and go to a playoff game.

Brownie calling it a career right before the Oiler series is way better than any speech Tood could give.

Win It For Brownie

I definitely thought he would. Nice to see him go on his own terms with some playoffs left. Awesome! See him in the banners soon.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back