Dustin Brown

J

jgs

Lurker
NHL.com is reporting that Dustin Brown will have his Jersey number retired on Feb.11 and there will be a statue of him outside of Crypto center. Congratulation to Dustin Brown. He was our captain for the two Stanley Cups the Kings won. He will always be remembered for this. A true worrior.

Awesome. Bronze it. Will definitely be at the game.

a3ce55ea5f8f949d15cc27bb18ea0cfe.jpg

Awesome. Bronze it. Will definitely be at the game.

a3ce55ea5f8f949d15cc27bb18ea0cfe.jpg

If there was one moment that exemplified his entire career (aside from hoisting the two cups), this is it. However, what is sometimes overlooked is that in this same game (game 3 of the first round against Vancouver in 2012), Dustin Brown scored the ONLY goal of the game in the 3rd period to give the Kings a 1-0 win (and a 3-0 series lead). The goal was as is important as this hit.

The only issue with that may be that the monument for the Kings has that exact pose. Of course, they could absolutely use it twice.

Hmm...if we are duplicating statue poses my vote is for either Dustin waving back at Wayne or having Brown hanging from the rim next to Shaq.

Or with proper statue placement we could just have him handing the cup over to Bob as a tribute to my favorite gesture of that night (making sure no one left the ice without Bob lifting it).

Top 4 Dustin Brown defining moments:
1. Raising Stanley Cup in 2012
2. Raising Stanley Cup in 2014
3. The "Hit"
4. The "Waterbottle"

Last edited:
If there was one moment that exemplified his entire career (aside from hoisting the two cups), this is it. However, what is sometimes overlooked is that in this same game (game 3 of the first round against Vancouver in 2012), Dustin Brown scored the ONLY goal of the game in the 3rd period to give the Kings a 1-0 win (and a 3-0 series lead). The goal was as is important as this hit.

I'm quite fond of this one too: Edler was scared so s***less when he saw Brown bearing down on him that he took this needless penalty, and basically sealed the Canucks fate not only in this game, but the series. This game really exemplified everything Brown brought to the table.

Cued:

Don’t care what pose for the Brownie statue…….just don’t make it CREEPY looking!!!

The thing about an action shot ala "the hit" it might end up looking like the Zidane head butt statue. Which I low-key love but... I can see how it would be unsettling to people. Not French or a Zidane-iacs (which i am pre-assuming their known as), but I would love to see this in person. Hmmm, creepy and wrong does have a plus side.

893272-20034865-2560-1440.jpg

As impactful as the Sedin demolition was, it would require having Sedin on the statue. Go with the cup trophy skate...100% Kings.

As impactful as the Sedin demolition was, it would require having Sedin on the statue. Go with the cup trophy skate...100% Kings.

I was kind of hoping for just a figure of Sedin on his back. 100% dead.

jom

Back