dustin brown

Actually with Nicole still in the org I hope he's feeling that ambassador role and maybe takes a twirl or two at fantasy camp.

Actually with Nicole still in the org I hope he's feeling that ambassador role and maybe takes a twirl or two at fantasy camp.

From what I've heard him say - he seems to have zero interest in any formal Kings roles. Maybe he'll change his tune once he gets bored. Everything I've heard him say is something along the lines of "I haven't thought about it whatsoever, I just want to stay home with my kids and go to their tournaments". But I assume he'll get an itch of some type of Kings affiliation at some point.

From what I've heard him say - he seems to have zero interest in any formal Kings roles. Maybe he'll change his tune once he gets bored. Everything I've heard him say is something along the lines of "I haven't thought about it whatsoever, I just want to stay home with my kids and go to their tournaments". But I assume he'll get an itch of some type of Kings affiliation at some point.

He's got the whole rest of his life to be happy doing it. I'm willing to let him get the itch. Considering how often I'm at mini's tournaments I know the easiest way for him to get tired of that. They should rope him into being team manager. Still good times ahead for Dustin in both cases.

I could see management and future assistant GM in the cards for him, but it sounds like he’s at least 7-8 years away from considering that sort of path, since he seems extremely invested in spending time with his kids, and furthering their hockey pursuits

It think the statue looks more like Clifford than Brown, LOL

I just hope he is thoroughly enjoying retirement and spending time with his family. He's earned every second of it, and he certainly earned every penny he was paid while playing for the Kings. Of all the Hall of Famers who played for the Kings (Dionne, Gretzky, Robitaille, Blake to name only a few), none of them can say they were the first LA KING to hoist the Stanley Cup. Dustin Brown, and only him, can make that statement.

Great for Brown.....But lets not forget, he did not do it by himself.

Being my son is an 08 and plays tier hockey... the rumors we've been hearing is Jake is heading back east to play (maybe with a teammate or two from the Kings 08AAA team) and Dustin/family? is temporarily moving back there as well.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back