Fagemo is tearing up the AHL

VCRW

Classic player
Fagemo has 20 goals and 13 assists in 23 games played.

His 1.43 points/game is the best in the league among players who have logged 20 or more games played.

Sammy is 3rd in the league in points despite playing 8 less games than the 2 guys ahead of him.

He is tied for the league lead in goals despite playing 9 less games than the other guy.

This is a hungry player. This is a motivated player - something the big team seems to be short of right now.

Fagemo has 20 goals and 13 assists in 23 games played.

His 1.43 points/game is the best in the league among players who have logged 20 or more games played.

Sammy is 3rd in the league in points despite playing 8 less games than the 2 guys ahead of him.

He is tied for the league lead in goals despite playing 9 less games than the other guy.

This is a hungry player. This is a motivated player - something the big team seems to be short of right now.
It seems like McLellan thinks everything is working SO well so there is absolutly no need for any changes at all. :-(

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again but expecting different results…

Can someone provide us with an analysis of what happens if Fagemo is recalled, as far as roster limits, cap space, subsequent waiver info, etc.? Thanks.

Can someone provide us with an analysis of what happens if Fagemo is recalled, as far as roster limits, cap space, subsequent waiver info, etc.? Thanks.
As fas as I understand it they’ll be over the cap by about $1M when Arvy comes back, so waiving JAD alone won’t be enough. They can send Laf down which will suck but it’ll he necessary short of trading Grundstrom for a fourth rounder or something. I don’t see that.

What that means for Fagemo is it’s now or maybe never this season to see if he could potentially be an effective NHL’er. Turcotte and Thomas are out of waivers next year and both should be on the team. Bring in Fagemo too and now you’ve got three new roster spots to account for without an in-season look at whether or not Fagemo could pick up some slack from letting Arvy walk.

Really, this is insane.

Team has painted itself into a corner… just needed PLD and Kaliyev to produce and the plan might have worked. Sad…

As fas as I understand it they’ll be over the cap by about $1M when Arvy comes back, so waiving JAD alone won’t be enough. They can send Laf down which will suck but it’ll he necessary short of trading Grundstrom for a fourth rounder or something. I don’t see that.

What that means for Fagemo is it’s now or maybe never this season to see if he could potentially be an effective NHL’er. Turcotte and Thomas are out of waivers next year and both should be on the team. Bring in Fagemo too and now you’ve got three new roster spots to account for without an in-season look at whether or not Fagemo could pick up some slack from letting Arvy walk.

Really, this is insane.

Lizotte 1.6
Grundstrom 1.1
Roy 3.1

Those are the 3 most likely to be traded to make room for Arvy, imo.

1. This team really needs a shakeup right now and the trade options are limited.
2. They all have cap hits big enough that trading and replacing with a near minimum or not replacing them creates space for Arvy.
3. They’re all signed through this season only. Roy UFA. The other two RFA.
4.Their play. Roy is the clearly the best of the three and he’s a very solid d man but the Gavrikov-Roy magic from last season is gone. We’ve even seen Roy demoted to the 3rd pairing recently. The fact is he won’t be a King after this season, so why not flip him for a young prospect and a couple picks? Lizotte and Grundstrom’s effectiveness over the last 6 weeks has fallen off.

I believe Blake can trade Roy with one of Kaliyev/Grundstrom and get a very nice return, give the team a real wake up call and create room for Arvidsson (assuming he stays on track to return next month).

Lizotte 1.6
Grundstrom 1.1
Roy 3.1

Those are the 3 most likely to be traded to make room for Arvy, imo.

1. This team really needs a shakeup right now and the trade options are limited.
2. They all have cap hits big enough that trading and replacing with a near minimum or not replacing them creates space for Arvy.
3. They’re all signed through this season only. Roy UFA. The other two RFA.
4.Their play. Roy is the clearly the best of the three and he’s a very solid d man but the Gavrikov-Roy magic from last season is gone. We’ve even seen Roy demoted to the 3rd pairing recently. The fact is he won’t be a King after this season, so why not flip him for a young prospect and a couple picks? Lizotte and Grundstrom’s effectiveness over the last 6 weeks has fallen off.

I believe Blake can trade Roy with one of Kaliyev/Grundstrom and get a very nice return, give the team a real wake up call and create room for Arvidsson (assuming he stays on track to return next month).
At this point I’m good with this, including trading Roy. A, for the shakeup like you said, and B, the PLD trade means the Kings are deeper down the middle and weaker on the wings. Yes Arvy should be a huge boost to PLD, but all season the Kings have lacked more depth than it initially looked like.

Laf to me shows a higher ceiling as all-around player than Kaliyev, so I don’t mind moving on from Arty for a good piece. He’s looked great since being benched but he’s still failed to this point to play consistently with anyone besides Lizotte. Grundstrom is a fine throw-in and at during the cold streak he’s brought nothing to this team. Roy would be valuable to hold if the Kings were a contender, but when there’s enough evidence they may not be go ahead and sell while you can since Clarke is inevitable anyway.

Clears cap and roster spots and gives early auditions as needed. Works for me.

At this point I’m good with this, including trading Roy. A, for the shakeup like you said, and B, the PLD trade means the Kings are deeper down the middle and weaker on the wings. Yes Arvy should be a huge boost to PLD, but all season the Kings have lacked more depth than it initially looked like.

Laf to me shows a higher ceiling as all-around player than Kaliyev, so I don’t mind moving on from Arty for a good piece. He’s looked great since being benched but he’s still failed to this point to play consistently with anyone besides Lizotte. Grundstrom is a fine throw-in and at during the cold streak he’s brought nothing to this team. Roy would be valuable to hold if the Kings were a contender, but when there’s enough evidence they may not be go ahead and sell while you can since Clarke is inevitable anyway.

Clears cap and roster spots and gives early auditions as needed. Works for me.
Trading Roy would be a big mistake which is further evidenced by the fact that our 3rd D pairing gets so few minutes per game. Clarke is not a replacement for Roy, but moreso a replacement for Spence when looking at skillset. All the same, we would be silly to trade either Roy or Spence as both are useful even if Spence temporarily finds himself in a 7th D role.

Trading Roy likely results in us overspending for a FA in the offseason to replace him, essentially paying the new player more while getting an inferior player to Roy.

Trading Roy would be a big mistake which is further evidenced by the fact that our 3rd D pairing gets so few minutes per game. Clarke is not a replacement for Roy, but moreso a replacement for Spence when looking at skillset. All the same, we would be silly to trade either Roy or Spence as both are useful even if Spence temporarily finds himself in a 7th D role.

Trading Roy likely results in us overspending for a FA in the offseason to replace him, essentially paying the new player more while getting an inferior player to Roy.
I like Roy a lot and the Kings will miss him when he’s gone. But they’re not going into next season with Spence or Clarke as the 7D. That’ll be Englund with Moverare the third pairing LD.

Kings keep Roy for the playoffs and let him walk in the summer (most likely)

Kings resign Roy and trade Spence this year for a player (bold, spicey, unexpected and intriguing)

Kings trade Roy for a player (unlikely but perhaps the smartest choice long term)

And it seems Akil Thomas is successful in his comeback from his multiple shoulder surgeries. That kid is also a seriously good player if completely healed. He has both goals for the Reign tonight vs. Calgary.

I like Roy a lot and the Kings will miss him when he’s gone. But they’re not going into next season with Spence or Clarke as the 7D. That’ll be Englund with Moverare the third pairing LD.

Kings resign Roy and trade Spence this year for a player (bold, spicey, unexpected and intriguing)

Kings trade Roy for a player (unlikely but perhaps the smartest choice long term)
If they are in a playoff spot at the deadline, they will keep Roy. After the season it becomes addition by subtraction when they let him walk and Clarke takes over.

If they are out of the race this year, then, yes, trading Roy at the deadline would be the only choice.

But, you’re right… trading Spence is intriguing…

And it seems Akil Thomas is successful in his comeback from his multiple shoulder surgeries. That kid is also a seriously good player if completely healed. He has both goals for the Reign tonight vs. Calgary.
Agreed. Akil was one of the players I was most excited about when the Kings drafted him as he was stellar in the OHL and showed he could be successful in multiple systems and with multiple line mates. If he can stay healthy he really could be a great addition to the Kings roster.

Unfortunately a lineup with RD Doughty, Clarke and Spence and LD Anderson, Gavrikov, Englund/Moverare gets crushed in the playoffs. The main issues being Clarke and Spence's lack of ability to play physical and Englund and Moverare's lack of agility/speed. It might work if you ride the top 2 pairings hard (heavy minutes) but that is only going to take the team so far.

If the Kings get rid of Roy, they need to upgrade Englund/Moverare to compensate for the soft right side with a stay at home, physical presence who can skate and keep up with teams like Edmonton or Colorado.

Unfortunately a lineup with RD Doughty, Clarke and Spence and LD Anderson, Gavrikov, Englund/Moverare gets crushed in the playoffs. The main issues being Clarke and Spence's lack of ability to play physical and Englund and Moverare's lack of agility/speed. It might work if you ride the top 2 pairings hard (heavy minutes) but that is only going to take the team so far.

If the Kings get rid of Roy, they need to upgrade Englund/Moverare to compensate for the soft right side with a stay at home, physical presence who can skate and keep up with teams like Edmonton or Colorado.
I don't think they have much of a choice. I doubt they'll be able to afford Roy next season.

Really, this is insane.
Trading Grundstrom is not the solution.

That Kaliyev guy on the other hand….

They waived Fagemo and yeah, he's lights out in the AHL and probably deserves a chance. You probably only do that if:

a) you send Laf down
b) you trade Arty
c) you're willing to put Fagemo through waivers again
d) multiple of a, b, or c

Cap space continues to be an issue which is why some (Mayor) have speculated that Clarke isn't going to play a ton this season (incentives could cause a cap penalty next year) and you need to make sure there is space for Arvy next month.

It would be ridiculous for the kids further development and confidence to bring him up and sit him with as well as he's doing in Ontario.

Unfortunately, the Kongs management has put themselves in this situation where the cap has tied their hands, and they may not be able to actually put the best players out there every night.

Trading Grundstrom is not the solution.

That Kaliyev guy on the other hand….
Todd absolutely loves Tonka so as long as Todd is here, it's unlikely 91 is traded. It sucks for Arty as I think in general, the fanbase has really wanted to see him succeed here.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back