First is was THE ROYAL ARMY - now it's the Galaxy's ANGEL CITY BRIGADE

R

Rogie-Vachon

Lurker
Is there someone here that can justify the use of drums in an indoor arena?

Don't give me "It's how they do it in Germany..." BS

The drums - the big banners - the chanting...perfect for a boring ass game on the pitch for 90 plus minutes.

I had literally 10 friends exit the game vs Colorado Tuesday night after the first because the noise was unbearable. One friend said that during the SJ game - They (The Royal Army) would chant "F*** the Sharks" - then sing a song using the word "puta"

By the 3rd, with the game out of reach - thousands of fans had left - so an empty building & the banging went on 'til the final buzzer.

Galaxy Night is over - but many of that ACB group got mad that Kings fans didn't like their thing - "We're going to came back, LOUDER"

Really?

Anyone else share their thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogie all I can tell you is that from home on my computer the drum sound through the ballys feeds was too much for me. Full disclosure though...I'm a musician and my wife says I think pretty much anything is too loud. Go figure.

For a hockey game it's not necessary and detracts from the action on the ice. Fine they did it for one game...I don't think they are going to make a trend of this...

Extraordinarily banal. I can hear it thru the TV, non-stop, during gameplay no less, and they should not allow it. It's nothing but annoying and selfish. Stop.

Last edited:
the thing is....for those of us who really love to watch the hockey game, it actually requires a lot of brain power and concentration. Much more than any other sport. I don't like stuff distracting me during the game play - I'm focusing on who is on the ice, who has the puck, who is about to have the puck, where is the puck going, who is out of position, who is going to the bench, who is coming off the bench, what is happening in the goal crease, what is happening behind the play - ALL within the span of a few seconds!! My brain doesn't have space to use for listening to drumming. And....(like hornman), being a musician, a part of my brain will get drawn to the rhythm, and I don't want that distraction!!

They can drum away during the breaks, but I do not like it during the play.

I understand the drumming when the Kings play the Sharks and the Avs, it's to distract the fans from watching the debacle on the ice.

Is there someone here that can justify the use of drums in an indoor arena?

Don't give me "It's how they do it in Germany..." BS

The drums - the big banners - the chanting...perfect for a boring ass game on the pitch for 90 plus minutes.

I had literally 10 friends exit the game vs Colorado Tuesday night after the first because the noise was unbearable. One friend said that during the SJ game - They (The Royal Army) would chant "F*** the Sharks" - then sign a song using the word "puta"

By the 3rd, with the game out of reach - thousands of fans had left - so an empty building & the banging went on 'til the final buzzer.

Galaxy Night is over - but many of that ACB group got mad that Kings fans didn't like their thing - "We're going to came back, LOUDER"

Really?

Anyone else share their thoughts...

Bad Idea

Screenshot_2021-03-02-Bad-Idea-Jeans-Saturday-Night-Live-YouTube-700x467.png

badideajeans_600_457_81_s.jpg

Simply turn around and face them, and start a "stop the drums" chant. The whole section will join in. After a few minutes they'll stop out of shame and the team will get the message to not invite them back. I'd like to hear the "stop the drums" chant during tonight's broadcast. I'd also mention the foul language to your season ticket rep. If I can't cuss in that building, they sure as **** can't.

100% agree that the drumming needs to STOP!

I emailed our ticket rep and here was his reply:
I’m so sorry to hear that this has been detrimental to your viewing experience and I will definitely pass this along to my bosses.

If you want to watch the rest of the game from my personal seats you are more than welcome too. My seats are located in section XXX, row X seats X-X.

I'm so sorry once again.

....making things worse: What if we counter-protested the royal army with: a hippie drum circle. Buy them premiere seats, an ounce of the sticky-icky and let them go. Fight fire with fire. =)

Someone heard back from the organization something - to paraphrase - that Crypo.com will supply EAR PLUGS to any fan who requests them.

Condescending Much?

From what I understand the ACB was involved in a violent altercation and they have been asked by management not to return to the Crypt

From what I understand the ACB was involved in a violent altercation and they have been asked by management not to return to the Crypt

According to the ACB twitter - they issued an apology for some poor behavior - BUT....They put blame on the ARENA STAFF for not properly training them on de-escalation techniques and poor communications

https://twitter.com/ACBxLA/status/1504166697032306688/photo/1

So basically - the adults don't how to handle themselves so the blame AEG & the arena.

Sounds legit

I went to SJ game and I had to get away from that area. I was about to get back on the Season Tickets and had to let my Rep know im pumping the breaks as my seats would be near that section.

This doesn't belong in a Hockey game.

200.webp

I just like that they have banners, and a letterhead, and it's like... wtf is this. Embarrassing. Maybe just try going to a hockey game to watch the hockey game. Hearing bad drumming thru the TV whilst the game is playing is absurd and should not be allowed by any stupid group again.

Last edited:
Every single bit of this reeks of some AEG marketing intern who is connected to some random corporate person and knows absolutely nothing about the sports involved.

It's almost worse than Disney putting periwinkle on the Angels.

Last edited:
Apparently- one of the leaders of the RA sells special Dodgers tee shirts. His marketing moved to the Kings - where during the preseason - they had a table set up - selling swag.

Haven’t seen it since early in the season - but the dude obviously convinced someone in the Kings brass that they would bring back “energy” to the arena. After all- this is common at Euro games…so slow, drawn out cheers match so well with hyper-action ice hockey.

Those members just don’t get it.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back