Frozen Fury! Anyone going?

I just can't imagine it being the same as Vegas so we've chosen not to attend...plus it's a lot longer drive than Vegas. Have fun though!

So I know it’s not a party town but the Red Iguana and The Pie are solid restaurants. Lots of cool things to see in SLC too. But it sure ain’t Vegas where I can drink and get paddled on my ass by a German maid.

So I know it’s not a party town but the Red Iguana and The Pie are solid restaurants. Lots of cool things to see in SLC too. But it sure ain’t Vegas where I can drink and get paddled on my ass by a German maid.
Mind ellaborating on the stuff to do in SLC? I'm very much looking for some fun things to do in SLC and the Provo area while I'm there. The trip is mainly to spend time with some older family, and it "just so happened" to coincide with the Frozen Fury ;) but having some tips on places to take the family would be greatly appreciated!!

For me it’s all about outdoors. Park City is 45
Min away. Hike, ski, fish, kayak, etc… burn some calories and then eat some great food. The Mormons have brought back some of the greatest ethnic food anywhere in the country.

Hard to believe that I’m from Southern California and I’ve actually lived in Mexico and the best Mexican food I’ve ever had is in Salt Lake City at the red iguana.

Walking around downtown can be a day. Some people might like, but I can only do so much looking at Mormon temples.

Never been, is it possible to meet the Kings or get autographs before the game? Before Vegas got the arena you could see the Kings after practice and they signed autographs, it was much better for preseason.

Lord…the Red Iguana…spent lots of time there whenever during training events in my seven years with SkyWest Airlines.

If you're into food, Caputo's is a good Italian deli.
Last time we were there we had dinners at Valter's Osteria and Log Haven, both very good.
This time we're trying White Horse late Wed night, Urban Hill before the game, and then a tasting menu dinner at Table X Friday.

The Grand America is a terrific hotel with the most magical toy store, Joujou.
SLC is a nice clean town with a simple layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind ellaborating on the stuff to do in SLC? I'm very much looking for some fun things to do in SLC and the Provo area while I'm there. The trip is mainly to spend time with some older family, and it "just so happened" to coincide with the Frozen Fury ;) but having some tips on places to take the family would be greatly appreciated!!
Golden Spike National Historical Park is cool if you like trains at all. My dad LOVED trains...been to every "train thing" in the USA practically. And, it's out in the mountains - a beautiful drive.

Go to see the Great Salt Lake. And the previously-mentioned Red Iguana is delicious!! Combine these 2 things - the Red Iguana is somewhat close to where you would go to see the Lake. And opposite from where the Golden Spike thing is.

Oh, and you can go see where the 2002 Olympics were held - it's near the railroad thing. There used to be a museum type exhibit - probably still there? Near where the ski jump events were held. (sorry...my memory is kind of messed up about this because I went to the Olympics, and then back a few years later so it all kind of blends into one thing in my mind)

Last edited:
Golden Spike National Historical Park is cool if you like trains at all. My dad LOVED trains...been to every "train thing" in the USA practically. And, it's out in the mountains - a beautiful drive.

Go to see the Great Salt Lake. And the previously-mentioned Red Iguana is delicious!! Combine these 2 things - the Red Iguana is somewhat close to where you would go to see the Lake. And opposite from where the Golden Spike thing is.

Oh, and you can go see where the 2002 Olympics were held - it's near the railroad thing. There used to be a museum type exhibit - probably still there? Near where the ski jump events were held. (sorry...my memory is kind of messed up about this because I went to the Olympics, and then back a few years later so it all kind of blends into one thing in my mind)

There are a lot of short trails to waterfalls that you can hike too also

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back